DragonBall Z - Your Oppinion

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DragonBall Z - Your Oppinion

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I have noticed here at DCemulation, we have little DragonBall Z fans. I have also noticed the people who dislike the show also. If you cannot tell by my avatar, I like DragonBall Z. I commend Akira Toriyama for creating this series. I have been with this series since 1997. I used to sit down and just watch the show and be amazed and wander what was going to happen next. I got into the show allot more, so I looked up information to see what would happen next, so I found out. I was surprised with some of the things that would happen, and the others I was not. I think I will keep with this series for a LOT LONGER. I still like the old episodes I have seen over 100 times, such as the Raditz saga, and Vegeta saga. I can't get enough of DragonBall Z. If you are to post here in this topic don?t post something illiterate or simple. Post a long opinion like mine. I hate reading short five word posts, as most of us do also.
--==--
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Here's what I think of Dragonball Z: Some of it is quite good. Some of it is not so good. Specifically, I dislike the parts that go something like this:

[Start of episode]
[Thirty seconds of battling]
Bad Guy: Pant! Pant! Pant! Pant!
Good Guy: Pant! Pant! Pant! Pant!
Bad Guy: Now I'll show you my true power!
[Bad Guy powers up]
Bad Guy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
Good Guy: Huh? Woah!
[Bad Guy powers up more]
Bad Guy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
[Bits of rock go flying everywhere]
Bad Guy: ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
[Sky goes dark]
Good Guy: No!
[Thirty seconds of fighting. Good Guy gets pummeled]
Bad Guy: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....
Good Guy: I can't. (pant) Let you. (pant) do whatever. (pant) it is. (pant) you're doing!
Good Guy: Pant! Pant!
[Stands up, arms held out in front and to the side]
Good Guy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
[Hair turns yellow]
Good Guy: ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
[Wind starts to blow around, rocks start to fly]
[Big yellow vortex thing gets bigger]
[Bad Guy misses a good opourtunity to blow the good guy away]
Good Guy: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Good Guy: Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Good Guy: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Bad Guy: Now you die!
Good Guy: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
[Energy blasts hit each other]
[End of episode]

And so on... The main battling bits (like Goku vs Freiza, or Vegeta vs Cell, Vegeta vs Perfect Cell, Trunks vs Cell, Goku vs Cell, Gohan vs Cell) are just boring. An episode typically consists of a short battle, followed by an entire episode of pants, grunts, or powering up. The action parts, which are the main focus of the series, tend to be really dull.

However, for the parts where it doesn't do that, it's actually quite good. The ones where you have non-battling stuff, or short battles (like the tournaments) tend to be better, because it takes less than two months to do anything of major importance.

For that reason, I actually prefer Dragonball to Dragonball Z. It's just more interesting than DBZ, keeps a pace that's interesting, but not too rushed, and it's very funny.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

Dragon Ball relied more on story then on fighting
Dragon Ball Z on the other hand...bleh, 5 minutes worth of story in one episode, the rest is fighting. Not to mention that the story is predictable. You know someones goin' to die, including a good guy and gokou will have to do all the work, its' blah
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

i love it, for the single fact that it paved the way for more anime to be released in the united states, and thats a fact.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

BlackAura wrote:Here's what I think of Dragonball Z: Some of it is quite good. Some of it is not so good. Specifically, I dislike the parts that go something like this:

[Start of episode]
[Thirty seconds of battling]
Bad Guy: Pant! Pant! Pant! Pant!
Good Guy: Pant! Pant! Pant! Pant!
Bad Guy: Now I'll show you my true power!
[Bad Guy powers up]
Bad Guy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
Good Guy: Huh? Woah!
[Bad Guy powers up more]
Bad Guy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
[Bits of rock go flying everywhere]
[Sky goes dark]
Good Guy: No!
[Thirty seconds of fighting. Good Guy gets pummeled]
Bad Guy: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.....
Good Guy: I can't. (pant) Let you. (pant) do whatever. (pant) it is. (pant) you're doing!
Good Guy: Pant! Pant!
[Stands up, arms held out in front and to the side]
Good Guy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
[Hair turns yellow]
[Wind starts to blow around, rocks start to fly]
[Big yellow vortex thing gets bigger]
[Bad Guy misses a good opourtunity to blow the good guy away]
Good Guy: Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Good Guy: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
Bad Guy: Now you die!
Good Guy: Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
[Energy blasts hit each other]
[End of episode]
Thanks for ruining that episode for me BlackAura! :) Seriously, that's what 90% of the episodes are like. And then they kill Goku until he comes back four episodes later. Why can't he stay dead?
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I used to be into it, however I don't watch it anymore. I got sick of them taking a month to finish a battle (actually longer on the Freza Saga I think). I quit watching after the Cell Saga. Another reason is the time it comes on I am not usualy home. IF I See it on I will watch it, but there isn't much point. IF you don't keep watching it every day you have no idea whats going on. There is far better Anime out there though. I just don't get into spending $20 for 2 30 minute cartoons, thus I don't own any anime.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

yodanut wrote: Thanks for ruining that episode for me BlackAura! :) Seriously, that's what 90% of the episodes are like. And then they kill Goku until he comes back four episodes later. Why can't he stay dead?
I don't think Goku dies to often in DragonBall Z. Son Goku only dies twice in DragonBall Z. In the Buu saga Goku dies and he is sent back to earth dead.
--==--
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Veggita2099 wrote:I used to be into it, however I don't watch it anymore. I got sick of them taking a month to finish a battle (actually longer on the Freza Saga I think). I quit watching after the Cell Saga. Another reason is the time it comes on I am not usualy home. IF I See it on I will watch it, but there isn't much point. IF you don't keep watching it every day you have no idea whats going on. There is far better Anime out there though. I just don't get into spending $20 for 2 30 minute cartoons, thus I don't own any anime.
Same exact thing happened here... I stopped watching after the cell saga. It simply takes too much time for one thing to happen in the series. I haven't gotten into Dragonball much but when I do it seems much better than DBZ. I've seen just about every DBZ episode from the first one to the end of cell...

The series goes on too long.. like freza was supposed to be the most powerful person ever, then someone rises and kills him. then the next saga is just about the same thing. then the next. then the next. if dbz would have ended at cell, it would've been better.
It's thinking...
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

no offense to anyone, i dont really care for it.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

|darc| wrote: if dbz would have ended at cell, it would've been better.
it was supposed to end there, but the fans wanted more, so they continued the series.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

ok... Anyone heard of the DBZ comic books (they are in black in white with kick ass drawings)????? They are sold here in canada called "dragonball" (they are in french, i dont care cause i speak french at home 24/7) wich tells the story from book 1 to 42. the first 10 are when goku is a child i believe and from there on its most of the dbz episodes... And just so you know, each book is like 1 whole month of episodes and sometimes even more.... Anyways, i really like dragonball but i really hate the show! This is why i read the books so i dont have to watch that stupid cartoon. Anyways my causin has the whole collection of books and thats when i started reading em.... But unfortunatly, the dragonball GT books wont be sold in canada so all we got is the db/dbz series....
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

ohh yes, i also own 1 book, its no 29... if anyone wants me to, i can scan it and show you what the books look like....
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

Saiyan Eye wrote:
yodanut wrote: Thanks for ruining that episode for me BlackAura! :) Seriously, that's what 90% of the episodes are like. And then they kill Goku until he comes back four episodes later. Why can't he stay dead?
I don't think Goku dies to often in DragonBall Z. Son Goku only dies twice in DragonBall Z. In the Buu saga Goku dies and he is sent back to earth dead.
Sorry, I'm not really a fan (as you can tell). Still that's a lot of times to come back from the dead.

In any event, I can see the show's appeal, kinda. The character designs are somewhat interesting, and who doesn't like all out battles? But it does get way too repetitive and stretched out, to the point where I can't tolerate it. I am looking forward to seeing how they translate it to a live-action movie, though.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

i like DBZ...but cartoon network is part of the problem...they speed through around 60 episodes in 2 months...then repeat, repeat , repeat , repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...and certain episodes are highly annoying....

also funimation took out episodes and messed up some cool things about dbz...
i think Dragon ball is superior cause its much more in depth and fighting doesn't last 12 or more episodes... the 3 minutes on namek lasted like 10 episodes...

don't get me wrong i like dbz..but it sometimes seems lacking...
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sir Slash wrote:i like DBZ...but cartoon network is part of the problem...they speed through around 60 episodes in 2 months...then repeat, repeat , repeat , repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...and certain episodes are highly annoying....

also funimation took out episodes and messed up some cool things about dbz...
i think Dragon ball is superior cause its much more in depth and fighting doesn't last 12 or more episodes... the 3 minutes on namek lasted like 10 episodes...

don't get me wrong i like dbz..but it sometimes seems lacking...
I remember it was at least a month while they fought Freeza. If you add in where Vegita fought Freeza in normal Form, 2nd form, and 3rd form THEN Goku fighting Freeza in Final Form it is well over a month of mainly fighting. There was a few other things happening, but mainly it was just trash talk and fighting.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

thing is the older audience wont get into dbz. also as these fans mature they too would stop watching. yall that are now 14-15, did you stop watching pokemon? its kool for the kids, there shouldn't be any hate for that.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

I cannot be bothered to make a long post, so all i will say is this. I loved the Dragonball Z series but i thought Dragonball GT Sucked eggs.

From watching them you would almost think Dragonball Z was aimed at anyone other than the japanese ( ie it was made for UK & US folk ) & GT was made for the japs the animation looks, well in my opinion to crap & kiddy like.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I like DragonBall and DragonBall GT, they are both interesting. I like DragonBall Z the most though. I have only seen eight episodes of DragonBall GT, and not too many episodes of DragonBall, so I bet I would not like it if I watched them a lot.
--==--
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

AmadeusZull wrote:thing is the older audience wont get into dbz. also as these fans mature they too would stop watching. yall that are now 14-15, did you stop watching pokemon? its kool for the kids, there shouldn't be any hate for that.
When I was in fourth or fifth grade I started liking Poke'mon, but I only liked Poke'mon for about one year. I played all the games and everything. Also, I know people of the older audience that likes DragonBall Z also. DragonBall Z does appeal to the older audience, just not some. DragonBall Z is a show that grows on you, if you watch it enough, you will like it.
--==--
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I love Dragon ball z but I don't tell people, or obsese about it. I'm not saying this about you, but everyone knows about all the stupid dbz kiddiez.

I'm also in LOVE with Dragonball! I used to watch it all the time when I was little but they didn't show very much of it. In fact, one of these days I'm going to download every episode and convert them to divx so I can watch them all in my room. :D