VCD?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VCD?

Post by Warmachine »

Is there a program I can download so i put it in my dreamcast(its a cd) and then take it out and watch my vcd?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Nope, not legally. ANd even if you tried to download the illegal one it'd be crap. You can however create non-swapable CDs with GypPlay, which supports MPEG-1. This would mean re-burning all your VideoCDs though, and you would fit 13 minutes less on each disc. If you're interested, check out my site (link below) and look out for fatheadpi's, which has some pretty bitchin' templates. THe LBR 180 minute template at http://www.kvcd.net should also work quite well, and allow you to fit more on each disc - but I haven't got around to testing it yet, and it's not suited for playing on big tellies.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
darkmaster
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by darkmaster »

well i think he is asking about why nobody is making a legal vcd player for dc , because vcd is more popular than others appz that someone are trying to port
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

darkmaster wrote:well i think he is asking about why nobody is making a legal vcd player for dc , because vcd is more popular than others appz that someone are trying to port
I know, but I told him he can't get one now and gave him a good alternative.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: VCD?

Post by Great One »

Warmachine wrote:Is there a program I can download so i put it in my dreamcast(its a cd) and then take it out and watch my vcd?
cool avatar :)