Nintendo's new big announcement...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Cless »

perry2175 wrote:On the edge of my seat ! However I can't help but have the feeling that were all going to be groaning after Tuesday screaming "That ain't big news!!!"
Yeah its more than likly a RPG with sonic capcom and nintendo characters and maybe squaresoft is coding it or something.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

I hope the announcement will be about new game franchises. Nintendo is relying on their 3 classic mascots to bail 'em out too many times.

Update: I have just found out the secret. Nintendo is bringing back kid Icarus. Not thats HUGE!
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by donnonotin »

damn the suspence is killing me
Last edited by donnonotin on Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

The latest rumour is this..
Nintendo are taking the tri-force agreement a little further by merging with Sega. They were planning on taking up Namco too...but pulled out because of creative differences. Also capcom will become a first party!....this is still rumour... BUT expect some sort of announcement on this from Nintendo this week.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

whatever it is... it will fill my fanboy needs :lol: :wink:
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

If that stops Breath of Fire V from coming to ps2 I will be so :evil:

(edit: fixed 'IV' to say 'V')
Last edited by Tank-X on Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

Some sort of mascot exclusivity seems to be the most likely announcement. It just seems unlikely that Sega or Capcom (or any of the other rumored partners) are going to abandon other platforms.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I predict:

1) the GBA playing thing for GC will allow GBA games to be played online.

2) Pok?mon World for GC will allow GBA players to catch the 'missing' 128 pok?mon and play in online tournaments as one of the cups (as Ive been hedging my bets on for a while now - see past postings :P )

Nintendo taking Capcom in as a 2nd party seems far more likely than them getting Sega - whereas Capcom have become closer and closer to Nintendo since the release of GC, Sega have drifted further apart, and theres very few AAA games scheduled for GC from Sega this year (or at least ones we know about) with F-Zero being about it to get excited about (and thats arguably not even a Sega game...)

Also it doesn't mean anything how far along a games devlopment is - Rare were sold to MS with a number of GBA and GC titles very far along in development (Kameo, Sabre Wulf etc)
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

oooooooh mama! I cannot wait
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Cubenation.com has revealed that Nintendo?s Megaton announcement, or so they say. Within the next 48 hours Nintendo will hold a press conference; at this press conference they will reveal the ?Megaton? announcement. According to Cubenation.com the ?Megaton? announcement is not the purchase of big third party developers such as Sega or Capcom but infact another medley of big game and hardware announcements. Capcom, once again, is expected to reveal three to five new and exclusive GameCube titles (not the same ones revealed a few weeks ago) and Nintendo itself will unveil a full fledged Pokemon RPG for the GameCube. This Pokemon GameCube title will be developed by Q funded, exclusive Nintendo developer Genius Sonority, a developer comprised of many ex-Dragon Quest team members. That?s not all though, an announcement concerning the GBA is planned (most likely a back lit version) and Nintendo?s new advertising campaign for 2003.
i dont know if you have read that or not, but there you go
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

liltimmyw wrote:
Cubenation.com has revealed that Nintendo?s Megaton announcement, or so they say. Within the next 48 hours Nintendo will hold a press conference; at this press conference they will reveal the ?Megaton? announcement. According to Cubenation.com the ?Megaton? announcement is not the purchase of big third party developers such as Sega or Capcom but infact another medley of big game and hardware announcements. Capcom, once again, is expected to reveal three to five new and exclusive GameCube titles (not the same ones revealed a few weeks ago) and Nintendo itself will unveil a full fledged Pokemon RPG for the GameCube. This Pokemon GameCube title will be developed by Q funded, exclusive Nintendo developer Genius Sonority, a developer comprised of many ex-Dragon Quest team members. That?s not all though, an announcement concerning the GBA is planned (most likely a back lit version) and Nintendo?s new advertising campaign for 2003.
no......... but a fully fledged 3D pok?mon RPG would kick ass! :D

I still stick to my online pok?mon theory until im proved wrong howeevr :P
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Tank-X wrote:If that stops Breath of Fire V from coming to ps2 I will be so :evil:

(edit: fixed 'IV' to say 'V')
Think god i imported the ps2 one ohh yeah.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
liltimmyw wrote:
no......... but a fully fledged 3D pok?mon RPG would kick ass! :D

I still stick to my online pok?mon theory until im proved wrong howeevr :P
And how would that make Sony or Microsoft leave their systems?
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Now the first article said that this announcement would make Hiroshima seem like a Cherry bomb. Ok that may be journalistic license gone mad but Pokemon RPG wouldn't equate to something that huge....

Pokemon online however would be huge. Not to me, but to millions and millions of people who love the little monsters.

My guess is that it is some kind of online/RPG thing. I doubt it has to do with the legal action against Sony because as far as I can see, that won't go anywhere. It would be like Posh spice telling a football team that has had the name "posh" for nearly 100 years that they can't use it anymore because she wants it..... :P :o (what a stupid arse. She is as posh as jellied eels)

I was all set for Nyar's pokemon online idea until I saw that bloody picture with all the blocks. Curse you blocky picture!
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

If you look close the character on the far left almost looks like Sonic. The character on the far left has the same colors as Sonic. I could be possiably a sequal to Super Smash Bros Melee? Mabey Nintendo characters vs some Sega characters?
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

liltimmyw wrote:
If this is the announcement, it certainly does not spell doom for any console. And while Pokemon may help drive Gamecube sales, it still won't be the deciding factor in this race. Let's hope there's something more to the hype.

Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

CoasterKing wrote: It would be like Posh spice telling a football team that has had the name "posh" for nearly 100 years that they can't use it anymore because she wants it
it worked for the world wildlife people taking the wwf name from the world wrestling federation. it wasnt 100 years but it was a long time.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Kiley
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Kiley »

Saiyan Eye wrote:If you look close the character on the far left almost looks like Sonic. The character on the far left has the same colors as Sonic. I could be possiably a sequal to Super Smash Bros Melee? Mabey Nintendo characters vs some Sega characters?
That would be cool :D
Daniel Kiley is still "dreaming"
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I'm predicting this is just some cheap publicity stunt to unveil a new game/games. Sure, this game/games may be VERY good and blow many others out of the water, but I seriously doubt it will turn the tide around in the console war, unless it's some major nuke against Sony and Microsoft that only kills all their consumers.

Still, at $199 AU, the Gamecube is looking mighty tasty :lol:

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Playstation, if the rumors are true, is a trademark of Nintendo....
And I'll say it again:
I don't think this one will hold up in court. Plus they are going against Sony in a court of law. True, Sony's no Coca-Cola (the fiercest, most feared trademark attorneys in the world), but I bet they have some pretty sharp lawyers and can outspend Nintendo any day of the week.
No signature.