Mail from Sega

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Soilwork
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mail from Sega

Post by Soilwork »

Hey,
Here is a part of a mail I got from Sega, I'm sorry if someone has already posted this.
Dear sega-europe.com member

This eMail is our notice to you that the Dreamcast
services - namely Chat, Message Boards and eMail -
will be retired from 28th February 2003. The
Dreamcast's online games are not affected by this
decision and games such as Phantasy Star Online
and Quake III: Arena will still be available for
you to enjoy.
(...)
I guess all the PSO players (including me) will be happy :mrgreen:
++
Soilwork
"And then... I'm glad I found true friends..."
"Avant de mourir, je suis heureux d'avoir eu des amis..."
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

That's weird, I heard they were shutting down PSO at the end of the year.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

I dont think they said for sure if they were gonna shut down the servers..That is cool, if they chose not to. :P
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Yeah, I might play again if I can find a free isp.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

:o YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO OOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ohh an soilwork when do you come on pso? u live in europe right?
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Some one should set up a ship and block that all DCEmu games will take place in and also have them all start off with DCEmu: in the title and also have them be locked with a password that only people on these forums will know.
ps2sucks
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by ps2sucks »

:spank:
ImageImage
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Yes

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

:o yes this is awsome I thoght that PSO would be down but it is not
[UR4]Dutch
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by [UR4]Dutch »

I also had contacted with Sega about this. They are going to shut the servers down. Maybe they will release the server-setup software publicly though.... But right now they still don't know what they're going to do.
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

ShadowofBob wrote:Some one should set up a ship and block that all DCEmu games will take place in and also have them all start off with DCEmu: in the title and also have them be locked with a password that only people on these forums will know.
how about nester dc as a pass.... we could change it to other emus now and than... and we could make it on ship miranda and block 9. Is that good?
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Great One wrote:
ShadowofBob wrote:Some one should set up a ship and block that all DCEmu games will take place in and also have them all start off with DCEmu: in the title and also have them be locked with a password that only people on these forums will know.
how about nester dc as a pass.... we could change it to other emus now and than... and we could make it on ship miranda and block 9. Is that good?
Yeah, that sounds good, lets just make it nesterdc since I can't remember if PSO likes spaces.
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

[UR4]Dutch wrote:I also had contacted with Sega about this. They are going to shut the servers down. Maybe they will release the server-setup software publicly though.... But right now they still don't know what they're going to do.

Grrr, Sega is pissing me off, They are making a lot of money of releases to the newer consoles, and they cant support the Dreamcast and the loyal fans. When are they gonna shut down the servers :?: :wiggle:
Soilwork
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Soilwork »

ben15dc wrote:
[UR4]Dutch wrote:I also had contacted with Sega about this. They are going to shut the servers down. Maybe they will release the server-setup software publicly though.... But right now they still don't know what they're going to do.

Grrr, Sega is pissing me off, They are making a lot of money of releases to the newer consoles, and they cant support the Dreamcast and the loyal fans. When are they gonna shut down the servers :?: :wiggle:
We don't know yet when they're gonna shut them down, but anyway let's play and have fun while we still can :)
Great One wrote:ohh an soilwork when do you come on pso? u live in europe right?
Yup I'm from Europe (France :( ). Should be on PSO in 2 weeks, for christmas holidays, i can't wait :) Kinda miss this shyt :mrgreen:
Anyway you have my card, right ? :)
++
Soilwork
"And then... I'm glad I found true friends..."
"Avant de mourir, je suis heureux d'avoir eu des amis..."