pso!! save me!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
disappearingboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

pso!! save me!

Post by disappearingboy »

i'm just now starting to get into pso...yes i'm a late bloomer :wink:
i was wondering if there was a way to save other than quitting the game. is there a place on pioneer 2 i can just go to and save the game without quitting?
qw3rty
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by qw3rty »

The game saves automatically at certain spots :

-after using a telepipe / beaming to lobby
-after leaving a shop / the bank
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Here's some advice, always have your character saved on two memory cards and don't forget to update them. Yes I know it's a pain, but there's a lot of hackers and nolers out there.
Soilwork
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Soilwork »

Hmm, what qw3rty said is true ONLINE only. If you play offline, nothing will be saved until you quit the game. And no, there's no other way to save the game.
Online, the game is also saved when you drop items(not all items, it won't save if you drop a monomate for example), or when you die (=you drop your weapon).
All these auto-saves weren't here at first, Sega just did that to prevent item duplication. Guess this kinda brought all the game shark codes... :-/

About what SYSTEMatic said... First you need a GS/Xploder to save to a different memory card. :(
Second thing... if you use an old version of a character online, ALL your items, & challenge data will be deleted.
"And then... I'm glad I found true friends..."
"Avant de mourir, je suis heureux d'avoir eu des amis..."
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

out of curiosity.....how many people are still playing it?
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

I do occasionally.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Soilwork wrote:Hmm, what qw3rty said is true ONLINE only. If you play offline, nothing will be saved until you quit the game. And no, there's no other way to save the game.
Online, the game is also saved when you drop items(not all items, it won't save if you drop a monomate for example), or when you die (=you drop your weapon).
All these auto-saves weren't here at first, Sega just did that to prevent item duplication. Guess this kinda brought all the game shark codes... :-/

About what SYSTEMatic said... First you need a GS/Xploder to save to a different memory card. :(
Second thing... if you use an old version of a character online, ALL your items, & challenge data will be deleted.
Can't you just get two memory cards and transfer the save through the vmu section?
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Another way to backup your character is setup your dc for email, then email you character to yourself and download it to a different VMU. This method may not work for all ISP's/email providers, however it does work for me.
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

If you back up your character, you cannot go online with the backup. Sega disabled backups early on in PSO, as it was an easy way to dupe items.
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

SYSTEMatic wrote:
Soilwork wrote:Hmm, what qw3rty said is true ONLINE only. If you play offline, nothing will be saved until you quit the game. And no, there's no other way to save the game.

Can't you just get two memory cards and transfer the save through the vmu section?
no you cant, its copy protected.... so that people dont share characters and have the whole world using the same character.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Great One wrote:
SYSTEMatic wrote:

no you cant, its copy protected.... so that people dont share characters and have the whole world using the same character.
Couldn't you email it to yourself and move it onto another VMU?
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

SYSTEMatic wrote:
Great One wrote:
SYSTEMatic wrote:

Couldn't you email it to yourself and move it onto another VMU?
yes i heard this works...
Soilwork
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Soilwork »

area wrote:If you back up your character, you cannot go online with the backup. Sega disabled backups early on in PSO, as it was an easy way to dupe items.
Actually, you can go online with the backup, but if you do so, ALL your items will be immediately deleted. Along with your C Mode data for V2 users and it also seems that your stats are reset to their normal level (just as if you had never used any material) :(

... And believe me, I know what I'm talking about - Tried to bring back an old save of my RAcast once :/ Not a good idea :mrgreen:

The good thing is when you get NOLed, if you have a backup, well you lose all your items but at least you still have your character...
"And then... I'm glad I found true friends..."
"Avant de mourir, je suis heureux d'avoir eu des amis..."
disappearingboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by disappearingboy »

can someone tell me how to move my save file to another vmu? if i can email it to myself (at a hotmail address or something similar) that would work, OR if i can upload it to my website somehow and download it to my BLUE vmu (which is reserved for my really cool games :D )...problem is i just don't know how to send out my saved file. can someone help me out?
Last edited by disappearingboy on Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masta_Maxi
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Location: In the stomach of an Elephant(plenty of peanuts to eat) with my computer.

pso is cool

Post by Masta_Maxi »

pso is awesome :P
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DC rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DC rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ps2 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ps2 sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!