A simple, one word answer.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Zippy_the_Wonderslug
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A simple, one word answer.

Post by Zippy_the_Wonderslug »

I'm just asking if there ever might be the slightest chance of an updated Nester being compatible with Mapper 5 type cartridges.

A simple "Yes", "No", "Maybe", or "Shutyourfaceandgoaway" answer is all I'm hoping for. :)

Thanks.
Kunkler
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Kunkler »

maybe
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

don't even ask :/ just kidding :D
Zippy_the_Wonderslug
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Hey Kunkler, do you know something that the others of us don't know about?
I'm only asking since you just registered your name and it seemed kinda strange to me that this would be your first post.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Shutyourfaceandgoaway :lol: just kidding, its possible
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
CaptTrips
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

maybe

Post by CaptTrips »

check out a few koei games. most of the mapper 5 games run, but the graphics are not usually emulated properly (bandit kings of ancient china is a good example, the game plays but i think it is just using the regular nes stuff and the graphics won't work right.).

only time and takayama fumihiko will tell, but nesterdc has made more progress running mapper 5 games (even though most don't work right, graphically) than many pc emulators, except biones and its predecessor fwnes.

for now, just wait and hope.
Zippy_the_Wonderslug
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Yeah, the games I was so hoping that could be properly emulated such as Bandit Kings of Ancient China, Nobunaga's Ambition 1 & 2, Le'Empereur, Uncharted Waters, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2, are considered to me, the best titles ever produced for Nintendo. :)

Unfortunately those are all Mapper 5 type cartridges.

But hey, I'm just excited to hear that perhaps someday there might be even the slightest chance all of those great Koei games being compatible with Nester. :)

Thanks for the reply by the way.