I remember this from awhile back about a multi-program boote

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I remember this from awhile back about a multi-program booter

Post by fatheadpi »

Hey i saw a post a while back about a program that would allow you to put several programs onto a disc (ie dream snes, nesterdc, dcgen, and gyplay plus files all on one disk) and then allow you to pic which one you wanted to run, think it was called dcmenu.

Anybody know what Im talkin aboot or at least where i can get it?

Thanks
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Go to http://www.consolevision.com and search the news (top right hand corner) for DemoMenu. You should find what you are looking for. Oh, and it doesn't work with Gypplay.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

That's the stuff! Thanks man.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Isn't this the rip one? If not, is there a little more in depth tutorial? It's kindof vauge...
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

IUG wrote: Isn't this the rip one? If not, is there a little more in depth tutorial? It's kindof vauge...
No, this one is DCGrendals; its just a little .bin loading program... if you want to add new stuff to it you simply add them to the files and rename the 1stread.bin's to stuff you'll recognise; ie 1dsnes.sh4 becomes dsnes.sh4, SMEGs 1stread.bin becomes smeg.bin etc

You can use a self boot kit to make it self boot as well (as Chaoticsonic did with Discostu's DSSBS) or the old fashioned way...

If it works right you get a green text display with a driectory listing of whats on the CD... it kind of looks like the ROM loading part of s3gag3n actually...