Legal

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Legal

Post by Warmachine »

Is it legal to make your own dreamcast games and sell them?? Like feet of fury is really really good. Arnt you aloud to sell it?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

The creator can sell it, but any third party selling of free software is not allowed, unless you charge ONLY for the price of production, IE if a friend has no burner and you charge him for the CD.

It would be cool if Dan released it as a retail game, perhaps EB would sell it.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

I donno someone would have to produce it to. Its not just as simple as saying I want to sell my game so there for I am. It involes marketing and hyping the game to get sells so that you at least make your money that it cost you to produce the game. I would play for it if it had more song(about 60, different djs(at least 12), came on real CD not cdrs and had a really nice case(maybe with a holographical thing on the front).
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

Cless wrote:I donno someone would have to produce it to. Its not just as simple as saying I want to sell my game so there for I am. It involes marketing and hyping the game to get sells so that you at least make your money that it cost you to produce the game. I would play for it if it had more song(about 60, different djs(at least 12), came on real CD not cdrs and had a really nice case(maybe with a holographical thing on the front).
old homebrew days i sold my games at markets
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

heh...i didnt sell it only asked for a cd for my friends NOT to sell there Dc's and they didnt and we all owe it to Dan
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

WHo made the game? Are they gonna make more good games? Posibly 2d fighting (street Fighter)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

FoF was made by Cryptic Allusion. I only know of Dan Potter, who's also the guy who originally coded most of KallistiOS. They said that they might make something else (I think), but I really don't know. I doubt that they do either.

Cless - It's very easy to sell a game. You just burn a few copies (or get them pressed), and give them to people in return for money. Selling through a large publishing company is a different matter altogether. That's when you need to start worrying about marketing and all that rubbish.