Lord of the Rings - Extended DVD

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Lord of the Rings - Extended DVD

Post by -Johnick- »

Ok,who else got it ?.

it kicks serious ass :D though one thing i did notice was that they cut about 3 mins of footage from the extended edition that was in the original ?.In the normal version when the party enter lotlorien and are found gimli tells aragorn they should go back then aragorn says something in elvish to one of the elfs there.This is missing in the extended edition,it goes straight to some new footage the moment they get caught.I already had the normal version on DVD but NONE of the extras from that version are repeated in the special edition.So for all you peeps who said "ill wait for the special edition" when the first version came out think again,if you want all the goodies you need both sets(like me :p )

i like the way the new scenes are marked in the chapter selection

* = new scene
** = extended scene

Which is handy because i didnt have enough time to watch it all on friday so i just watched the new and extended scenes.

Afaik the reason those scenes had to be cut is because if you want to show a movie in the cinema it must be less then 3 hours.Imo they should have deleted something else instead of the gifts scene in lothlorien because that was a Major important part of the book.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Which version DVD has the cut scenes where Gandalf makes reference to the Valar? Anyone know?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

There is 1 that is like 25 bucks, and the other is like 70. What is the difference between them? I don't care to spend 25 bucks on a DVD, but no way I will spend 70!!
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I bought the extended version for a friends birthday, not the giftbox, just the 4 DVD set.
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by -Johnick- »

Veggita2099 wrote:There is 1 that is like 25 bucks, and the other is like 70. What is the difference between them? I don't care to spend 25 bucks on a DVD, but no way I will spend 70!!
The only difference is the $70 one has an extra DVD(5 in total) with some crappy national geographic thing on it,it also comes with 2 satues of the arganoth.Just get the 4 DVD set, the 70 buck set is a rip off.
Ghaleon
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Lord of the Rings - Extended DVD

Post by Ghaleon »

-Johnick- wrote:Ok,who else got it ?.

it kicks serious ass :D though one thing i did notice was that they cut about 3 mins of footage from the extended edition that was in the original ?.In the normal version when the party enter lotlorien and are found gimli tells aragorn they should go back then aragorn says something in elvish to one of the elfs there.This is missing in the extended edition,it goes straight to some new footage the moment they get caught.I already had the normal version on DVD but NONE of the extras from that version are repeated in the special edition.So for all you peeps who said "ill wait for the special edition" when the first version came out think again,if you want all the goodies you need both sets(like me :p )

i like the way the new scenes are marked in the chapter selection

* = new scene
** = extended scene

Which is handy because i didnt have enough time to watch it all on friday so i just watched the new and extended scenes.

Afaik the reason those scenes had to be cut is because if you want to show a movie in the cinema it must be less then 3 hours.Imo they should have deleted something else instead of the gifts scene in lothlorien because that was a Major important part of the book.
Yea, I wrote a review on it a while back. They also took out Gandalf's story of what was going on in the world in Bilbo told it instead.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

-Johnick- wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:There is 1 that is like 25 bucks, and the other is like 70. What is the difference between them? I don't care to spend 25 bucks on a DVD, but no way I will spend 70!!
The only difference is the $70 one has an extra DVD(5 in total) with some crappy national geographic thing on it,it also comes with 2 satues of the arganoth.Just get the 4 DVD set, the 70 buck set is a rip off.
I may just do that.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665