Soldier of Fortune DC

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Soldier of Fortune DC

Post by SaSSO »

How do you save mid level in this game? The manual says to hit pause and go to the menu screen, but that just quits my game and then I havde to restart the level... anyone know how?
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

You know, i just read what you have in your signature, and i got to the part about them releasing saturn games on the original PSX, unfortunately that was over a year ago, i wish they had followed through, i would have really loved to play Nights or Virtual on again.

Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

NiGHTS was a great game- I was just playing Sonic Adventure 1 and they have that NiGHTS pinball game in it that has scenes from the game in it- brought some nostalgia back. I really hope they make a sequel to that game... lets hope at E3 they announce something...

Anyway, back to topic, does anyone know how to save in this f'in game?? :x
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

SaSSO wrote:NiGHTS was a great game- I was just playing Sonic Adventure 1 and they have that NiGHTS pinball game in it that has scenes from the game in it- brought some nostalgia back. I really hope they make a sequel to that game... lets hope at E3 they announce something...

Anyway, back to topic, does anyone know how to save in this f'in game?? :x
They said in the past they do not have any desire to make a sequel to Nights. They fear it will not be near as good and don't want to try. I would actually be happy with a remake with some extra levels and more things to do. A big problem with this game is it was very short. What would be cool is if they did similar to how Mario 64 did with several goals for the same stage. IT would be cool to walk around the levels instead of flying for one of the goals.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Soldier of Fortune DC

Post by JDCreationz »

SaSSO wrote:How do you save mid level in this game? The manual says to hit pause and go to the menu screen, but that just quits my game and then I havde to restart the level... anyone know how?
Your game auto saves in between level loading.

This is also the reason why the load times are
so dangerously long...
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

Really? Is it a temporary save where if I die thats where I begin again, or is it a save in where I turn off my console, and then load up my game i'll begin there?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I remember the ps1 version of Tomb Raider would only let you save at certain spots as where the PC version you could save anywhere. I never did get that?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

SaSSO wrote:Really? Is it a temporary save where if I die thats where I begin again, or is it a save in where I turn off my console, and then load up my game i'll begin there?
It is a full save.

While the clip is being loaded on the
loading screen, your game is actually being
saved onto your VMU. It isn't a temporary save
it's just like any other game's save file :P

Happy gaming!!