Are They Still Making Games?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are They Still Making Games?

Post by Green Ranger »

Am I to assume that they are still making games for the Dreamcast in Japan? Or is it truly dead in all parts of the world?
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Yes, games are stilll being made in Japan, within the recently months Ikaruga came out in Japan. Sometime after Christmas, i believe, King Of Fighters 2001 comes out. Some other games are planned to be released between now and then in Japan also i have been hearing.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Thanks a lot, do you happen to know a site that lists the future releases of Dreamcast Games?
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

http://www.Sega.co.jp has all your Dreamcast of Japan news you'll ever need. Your only hope for new good games is if playmore desides to keep porting NeoGeo titles to Dreamcast. Plus maybe DC RPG mite be good.
<Offical DNR & Reaper2k2 Fan> <Blindly waiting for a new OswanDC release>
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

HAHA my little cousin ended up getting that Space Channel 5. He hates it even more then me. He can beat Sonic Adventure 2, but he can't even get past the control tower of level 1.

Thats 4 out of 4 people I know who hate this game locally.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

After visiting the Magic Box today, it appears that NEC Interchannel has 3 games comming out in January, but they are all listed as adult titles requiring the purchaser to be atleast 18 years of age. I am not sure as to how far these games are going with respect to content or display, but games are still comming. Be sure to mark December 26th on your calendar as that is when King of Fighters 2001 comes out.

As for Space Channel 5...it is a game requiring rhythm. When I first started playing it, it took me quite a while to get the hang of it. However, once I got the rhythm and finally beat the game, it was quite a rewarding experience for me just because you cann't "fake" the skill of having deft rhythm. Plus, it was a lot of fun when Ulala was able to get Michael Jackson to join her dance supporters.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

sadly enough sega of japan contiues to support a system that makes it los emore money...sega of japan has great developers...but the worst finacial problems i've seen..... the amount of money wasted on stupid things just baffles me.... i think sega might be dieing soon and being bought... probably split up..i can see nintendo picking up the sonic team.
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Bluce_Ree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bluce_Ree »

The sad thing is that all we've got to look forward to is another 2D beat em up. The DC was all about original ideas, oh well at least we got Ikaruga.

btw, has anyone ever actually seen Midway Arcade Hits Vol 2?!?
RIP Richard Pryor
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

i havent ;/
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

I prefer 2d to 3d any day
..capcom is best
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Bluce_Ree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bluce_Ree »

I'd prefer a decent DC Mame that could emulate Kung Fu Master...
RIP Richard Pryor
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

plans

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

:D it looks to me like sega is gonna sit back for a while and buy out all the good games then they will release a system that will have the best games and not give the rights to them to the other, aka SONY, Microsoft, nintendo, but until then they will allow the others to use them
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: plans

Post by Veggita2099 »

Dbztrunks1020 wrote::D it looks to me like sega is gonna sit back for a while and buy out all the good games then they will release a system that will have the best games and not give the rights to them to the other, aka SONY, Microsoft, nintendo, but until then they will allow the others to use them
Huh :?:
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: plans

Post by Cless »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Dbztrunks1020 wrote::D it looks to me like sega is gonna sit back for a while and buy out all the good games then they will release a system that will have the best games and not give the rights to them to the other, aka SONY, Microsoft, nintendo, but until then they will allow the others to use them
Huh :?:
Hey I was thinking the same thing. Where hell did all that come from trunks?