Man is'nt the dreamcast just the greatest emulation system..

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Man is'nt the dreamcast just the greatest emulation system..

Post by xxlenigma »

The dreamcast is like the best emulation system ever thus far, and let me not to forget the greatest gaming system EVER with such a short life it still did oh so much :( .
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Depends how you look at it. HArdware wise Xbox and ps2 are better.
Variaty of stuff right now it is ahead (since it has been around longer)
Ease of use it is the best, since you don't have to pay and try to install a modchip.

I see a a lot of good stuff within a year or so on X-box. Just hope microsoft don't find away to keep Xbox from being modded. They are all-ready banning modded Xbox's from there Xbox live. I had almost considered getting a X-box till I heard that.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Veggita2099 wrote:Depends how you look at it. HArdware wise Xbox and ps2 are better.
Ease of use it is the best, since you don't have to pay and try to install a modchip.

I see a a lot of good stuff within a year or so on xbox. Just hope microsoft don't find away to keep Xbox from being modded. They are all-ready banning modded Xbox's from there Xbox live. I had almost considered getting a xbox till I heard that.
I heard there making a chip that will bypass that.
<Offical DNR & Reaper2k2 Fan> <Blindly waiting for a new OswanDC release>
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Man is'nt the dreamcast just the greatest emulation system..

Post by Captain Tokyo »

xxlenigma wrote:The dreamcast is like the best emulation system ever thus far, and let me not to forget the greatest gaming system EVER with such a short life it still did oh so much :( .
I agree, I totally love my Dreamcast. You can pick one up for around ?30! too :)
So for ?30 you get an audio CD player, MP3 player, DivX player, MPeg-1 player and more!
I hear it can even play games. ;)
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: Man is'nt the dreamcast just the greatest emulation system..

Post by Cless »

Captain Tokyo wrote:
xxlenigma wrote:The dreamcast is like the best emulation system ever thus far, and let me not to forget the greatest gaming system EVER with such a short life it still did oh so much :( .
I agree, I totally love my Dreamcast. You can pick one up for around ?30! too :)
So for ?30 you get an audio CD player, MP3 player, DivX player, MPeg-1 player and more!
I hear it can even play games. ;)
I dont know. I never heard anything about it playing games anywhere. Prove it to me that it plays games.
<Offical DNR & Reaper2k2 Fan> <Blindly waiting for a new OswanDC release>
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

wrong forum.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Cless wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Depends how you look at it. HArdware wise Xbox and ps2 are better.

I see a a lot of good stuff within a year or so on xbox. Just hope microsoft don't find away to keep Xbox from being modded. They are all-ready banning modded Xbox's from there Xbox live. I had almost considered getting a xbox till I heard that.
I heard there making a chip that will bypass that.
And when they do, Microsoft will just find out a way to ban those. It's a never-ending loop.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

Ya Dreamcast is kickass :!:
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

And when they do, Microsoft will just find out a way to ban those. It's a never-ending loop.
Yeah, it's a cat-and-mouse game that will go on forever. At least with the Dreamcast the mouse is winning. ;)
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Actually, I was looking at buying a pre-modded XBox the other day.

They (website, don't remember where, a popup from XBox evo) said that not only did it work with XBox live, but that if anyone ever built a free server, it could be used with those too.

I've also seen chips that can flip back to the original bios with the flip of an outside switch.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

i think the xbox is better. modchips for it aren't that cheap (you could get a crappy enigmah for 10 bucks or so).
pikkon
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pikkon »

the chip I have for the xbox has a switch to disable the modchip so you use the xbox bios,its a martix chip.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

So will that work with xbox live then?
Bluce_Ree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bluce_Ree »

The DC is definately the best system since the Spectrum, but I'm not too sure about it as a emulation platform/multimedia thing. The emulators all feel a little bit 'synthetic' compared to PC emulation. When Dreamsnes is up to scratch then I'll be loving it but until then I'll just be using mine for gaming.
RIP Richard Pryor
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

The DC is pretty good for emulation. Overall right now i would have to say that the PC is the best for emulation though. But like it was said above, once Dream SNES is up and running at full speed, then the dreamcast will be the best :-). Although dont get me wrong, i still love dream snes and am looking forward to the next release.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

I must admit that I was never really into Sega until I heard that the Dreamcast was able to emulate a lot of my nintendo games :wink:

LOL, with the possibility of playing my snes and gameboy color games on a dreamcast I found that very intriguing. Plus you can convert the Dreamcast into a VCD Player, and with an extra piece of hardware turn it into a DVD player. Ah the possibilities.... which is why I bought a dreamcast over the weekend. Got one at GAMESTOP for $39.99 :D
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

I bought a dreamcast just for the sake of emulation :D and thats all...
But then I heard of wa...
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Green Ranger wrote: Ah the possibilities.... which is why I bought a dreamcast over the weekend. Got one at GAMESTOP for $39.99 :D
DVD player.... sorry was discontiued...
you should have bought a dreamcast around 1-2 months ago they were down at $30 at gamestop...but i guess they sold well enough that the boosted the price to make more.
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

I spent $500 the day the dreamcast came out. I bought the system, an extra controller, 2 memory cards, and 3 games. I don't regret spending any of it. :D
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Well I'd definatly have to say that my XBOX is by far the BEST emulation system out there, I am running FireBurn, Mame, DOOM, Quake 2, Snes, Game Boy Advancex86 PC's, ect. ect. ect. Consider all of that, then consider the fact that the sceen has only begun! :)

Now when it comes to cheap and portable, the Dreamcast is definatly worth while. There really are not many emulators out there that play things perfectly, infact the only emus that do run pretty much perfectly are the SMEG, Nester, and DreamSNES (well in a couple more years as it is looking), oh and don't let me forget the Atari 8-BIT emu, which I totally LOVE to death! :) There are other emulators out there that run full speed, but I can't say I find myself coming back to play atari 2600, and Colecovision games to often.

I feel that if the sceen sticks to it, and more and more developers begin to program for the Dreamcast, it may one day become a more serious emulator as well, but at the moment, half the stuff is to slow to even burn, and half the projects out there really fail to impress me much. I think to an outsider, or an XBOX owner, the DC would seem rather lame and weak, but it is NOT, infact there is so much potential to this little piece of hardware, but no one seems to notice or realize that, they are always talking about limitations of the DC, and how it can't do this and that, yet I have a ton of commercial games sitting here that pull off some VERY amazing tricks, some of which I have yet to see the PS2 pull off!!! So I guess it all comes down to the experience of the coders, that is perhaps the DC sceens weak point, half of our coders are not as hard core and expoerienced as the coders in some of the other sceens (no offence).

Anyhow I'm tired and rambling on and on again. I don't regret my DC at all either, for $40 you can't go wrong at all, the RPG's on the SMS, SNES, and NES alone are enough to keep me busy for months, not to mention SCUMMVM, which totally rox above all otehr emus on this system and really really needs an update soon, hint hint!! :)