Smackdown Lives?

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Smackdown Lives?

Post by Van_Lardo »

I remember reading a report from Ghost that he had a shot of the B!SD pack and said that it was awesome.

I just got through a sitting of Smackdown 2 running on the PS1 and I had a revelation...

Why not just release the B!SD2 pack via this site?

No packaging or fancy disks... why doesn't someone just make a DJ image of it and let the world of console emulation have a treat?

Go on..... :)

Well... why ISN'T it possible? :?
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

I believe Ghost quite literally lives close to Rand and David, so it was more of a drive than possession. It's possible that he may have had a CD copy to play at home as a Beta, but I wouldn't be surprised if the CD had that next-to-impossible protection on it.

Rand's made a scant few posts on this site since Bleem's demise, none of which have been too elaborate. I am sure they appreciate the support Bleem recieved in its short time as a Dreamcast product, but I think that it will never see even a free unsupported or unfinished release. To do so would require resources to be diverted away from such things as the proceedings which come along with a company no longer existing, as well as finding new employment.

Schnapple
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Fair enough...

I can always dream... what a sad, lonely guy I am if THOSE are my dreams...

No offence to DCEMU but there are better things to dream about...

... like Christmas. :D
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Yeah... like a PS2 with Smackdown 3!!!! :D
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I've played that (in fact it was a week before it was released) and I think that the Game engine for SD2 was a little bit better.

Have you noticed the way that they get up? URGH! The human body cannot move like that!
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Ahhh, but heres the intersting bit... the gfx engine for PS1 Smackdown! games was a toned down version of Touken Redtso on DC! :)
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Hollywood Hasney wrote: Yeah... like a PS2 with Smackdown 3!!!! :D
The game's not that great...bring on Legends Of Wrestling! :lol:
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

Hollywood Hasney said:
Ahhh, but heres the intersting bit... the gfx engine for PS1 Smackdown! games was a toned down version of Touken Redtso on DC!

HH don't you actually mean Toukon Retsuden?

I think the PSX wrestling game, Power Move Pro Wrestling was actually part of the Toukon Retsuden series??? Something along those lines anywayz...
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Lucky Ghost in any case!

Just looking at those finely detailed, though squidgy graphics on my PS1 makes me cringe that it didn't come out as a Bleem! pack.

Especially when you see it running on ePSXe in upgraded mode.

... :(
Darc_Agent
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Darc_Agent »

That's not all Ghost has....

... and I'm not saying anymore than that, heh.
GhosT^x0
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by GhosT^x0 »

Schnapple wrote: I believe Ghost quite literally lives close to Rand and David, so it was more of a drive than possession. It's possible that he may have had a CD copy to play at home as a Beta, but I wouldn't be surprised if the CD had that next-to-impossible protection on it.
You have to love this board..... if not for the quality colaboration of diverse individuals.... then for where blind speculation can lead us sometimes.

Let's just say this.... what I have is secure... but only because GhosT^x0's got a word of solid gold, and not because of any kind of instated protections.

Carry on with the sewing circle.
Last edited by GhosT^x0 on Wed Dec 12, 2001 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT??
GhosT^x0
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by GhosT^x0 »

Schnapple wrote: Rand's made a scant few posts on this site since Bleem's demise, none of which have been too elaborate. I am sure they appreciate the support Bleem recieved in its short time as a Dreamcast product, but I think that it will never see even a free unsupported or unfinished release. To do so would require resources to be diverted away from such things as the proceedings which come along with a company no longer existing, as well as finding new employment.
Think about it, Mr. Fruit Flavored Beverage.... if you'd just gone through 2 years of providing the backbone of a company that stripped you of time, resources, career advancement, and almost all your life's savings... how much would you really have to say about it?
WHAT??
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

man i get yelled at 4 calling someone a fruit - jeez.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

For what it's worth I was attempting to defend Rand's silence on Bleem's demise and to keep people from pestering you personally regarding anything you might have.

And it's not a fruit flavored beverage in there - it's much worse. Trust me.

Schnapple
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Man! Sometimes I think that I should have kept my big mouth shut...

I didn't mean any offence at suggesting this... please don't label me a devil or something. I just happen to live by a very sound moto: "If you don't ask: you don't get". Simply put, I didn't know all the particulars of the situation and saught clarity on the whole situation.

I'm certainly sure that I'm not the first person to consider the whole B!Smackdown for free download thing.

I definitly didn't want to undermine the scale of Bleem's recent departure or to call Ghost a meanie for nor not releasing it (the guy did give me free Bleem! stickers after all), and most of all, I don't want to create a buzz of rumour or pathetic whinging...

Please believe me, all I wanted to know was "why not?".

By the way, good on you, Ghost for keeping your word to Bleem! and NOT releasing it without their permission. *Van salutes* :)