LinuxDC Site update

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

LinuxDC Site update

Post by BlueCrab »

The LinuxDC site has been updated (finally). And they have some news posted up there:
LinuxDC Status as of October 29th, 2002:
Adrian McMenamin has got his VMU filesystem driver to the point where it can list files off of the VMU. He's also working on using apache to serve pages from the VMU, once he implements read support.
M. R. Brown and Paul Mundt are currently porting the Linux-SH kernel to Linux 2.5.
M. R. Brown is working on converting the LinuxDC CVS kernel to 2.5 and bringing stable (2.4) up-to-date.
M. R. Brown is also busy writing specific LinuxDC HOWTOs on tool building, configuring and building the kernel, and creating a basic root filesystem and using the BBA to mount it via NFS.
This is all part of M. R. Brown's plan to create a full-featured, working website within two weeks ... ETA: November 7th, 2002.
M. R. Brown also has plans for an autobuild script that will provide the latest stable and development LinuxDC kernels via SourceForge.net's download services.
Thought I'd let you all know. Looks like we may get a release soon! :D
bizzle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bizzle »

awesome, they should make it so the controller can act as a mouse like in the webbrowser.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Blind Xylene wrote:awesome, they should make it so the controller can act as a mouse like in the webbrowser.
Agreed, but it would probably be a bit of work getting a joystick device (as linux sees the DC controller) to work as a mouse, but if they could, then maybe I'd be able to use it (x11 requires a mouse, and I don't have one).
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

i dont have a mouse either
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

i have a mouse nice one it is too

got it for $30 when they were still selling them

Knew it be usefull one day

yeah dclinux has lots of good things can be done with im only work on it for my self because of the large size over 180 meg for custom built version i made thats zipped then rared its near 650 meg unzipped

its just to big for me on a 56k but many things run on it that no one talks about
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

i downloaded it on 56k, used it once but couldnt actually use it, no mouse. just set it to download over night.