Dreamcast QUESTIONS..and other questions-new games/pad/gmege

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
hehehaha
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast QUESTIONS..and other questions-new games/pad/gmege

Post by hehehaha »

1) Does the dance pad work with samba De amigo? The version I have is japanese.. What other dance games are there for the DC cept the 2 DDR games that'll work for for the pad and/or just work for the controller?

2) Are new games still being made for the Dreamcast in Japan?? Or are there still unreleased games for the DC in JAPAN? THe DC still a big hit in Japan ? KNow a website about this?

3) Off topic DC question: Why'd the SEGA GAME GEAR died when the Game Boy still prospered? Game Gear had so much cool games and had much better graphics than the green colored gameboy. Is Sega thinkin about making ANY console or portable stuff at all in the future?

Thats it .. for NOW..
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

If you want a cool dance game for DC, try Feet Of Fury. It's homebrew and it's sweet 8) . You can get it here: http://www.cagames.com/fof.php

And as for production, Treasure's Ikaruga was just released in Japan. Haven't got it myself, but it's supposed to be pretty good. It marks the end of the DC's commercial run.

About the GG, I would have loved to see it do better. Probably ahead of it's time was it's fault. It had color and nice graphics compared to the monochrome GB, but it was very heavy (hard to sneak in class :P ) and sucked mad batteries. And as far as I've heard, Sega doesn't plan to release another portable console (or any console for that matter :( ). Although they have started to develop for the Game Boy Advance already.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

3) Game Gear did fail partly because of it's power hungry backlight. Also it is a far bulkier beast than the Gameboy monochrome. The main reason it failed was because of advertising(oooh ring a bell?). Nintendo spent a fortune promoting the Gameboy whereas Sega must have spent about a dollar advertising the GG. Anyway, if you have a lot of money and don't mind a battery eating monster, then get yourself a Nomad to play all those class genesis games from the past :)
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

TheAxeMan wrote:And as for production, Treasure's Ikaruga was just released in Japan. Haven't got it myself, but it's supposed to be pretty good. It marks the end of the DC's commercial run.
Ikaruga isnt the end of new DC games, there are another 20+ in the current schedule.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The Kron wrote:
TheAxeMan wrote:And as for production, Treasure's Ikaruga was just released in Japan. Haven't got it myself, but it's supposed to be pretty good. It marks the end of the DC's commercial run.
Ikaruga isnt the end of new DC games, there are another 20+ in the current schedule.
Have you got a list?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

from what i heard, King Of Fighters 2001 just came out in Japan.
hehehaha
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by hehehaha »

umm okay.. can somebody answer my other questions?