Grandia II or Chrono Cross

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sad thing is the dreamcast version is higher priced then the ps2 version. I guess that is cause its rarer.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

A suggestion for people with scratched discs. Get a Disc Doctor. Works nearly perfectly on surface scratches. That thing is great.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

The thing is, that Gameedoctor can totally mess up discs. It only happened to one of my PSX games (Cost ?5 anyway), but it works great 99% of the time. I just hate having to buy new wheels after they run out.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Veggita2099 wrote:Sad thing is the dreamcast version is higher priced then the ps2 version. I guess that is cause its rarer.
The PC version isint so bad as the PS2 version (AA is a god), but if you dont have a Decent PC, it slows down.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

the pc version basically looks like the dc version through vga.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I haven't played CC yet, but I will after I beat FF8 (close to finishing disc 3 because I got decimated in the boss fight...it is rediculous when compared to FF7).

Grandia 2 has to be one of my favorite rpgs. I enjoy the battle system, the magic system, and what would be considered a special attack/summon (I don't remember exactly what it is called as it has been a long time since playing the game.)

As for Gamedoctors...I really cann't recommend them. I got one and I tried to resurface some discs, and it was a lot of effort without any results. Professional resurfacing machines are the way to go...expensive...but brilliant especially with DC games.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Sultan of Saturn wrote:I haven't played CC yet, but I will after I beat FF8 (close to finishing disc 3 because I got decimated in the boss fight...it is rediculous when compared to FF7).

Grandia 2 has to be one of my favorite rpgs. I enjoy the battle system, the magic system, and what would be considered a special attack/summon (I don't remember exactly what it is called as it has been a long time since playing the game.)

As for Gamedoctors...I really cann't recommend them. I got one and I tried to resurface some discs, and it was a lot of effort without any results. Professional resurfacing machines are the way to go...expensive...but brilliant especially with DC games.
I think I know what boss your at. There was this one boss that was on the 3rd or 4th disc that was probably the hardest boss out of any FF game I ever played. I won't say what to give away the story but there was only 2 bosses in the game I had trouble with, and 1 is the final boss.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Sultan of Saturn wrote:I haven't played CC yet, but I will after I beat FF8 (close to finishing disc 3 because I got decimated in the boss fight...it is rediculous when compared to FF7).

I think I know what boss your at. There was this one boss that was on the 3rd or 4th disc that was probably the hardest boss out of any FF game I ever played. I won't say what to give away the story but there was only 2 bosses in the game I had trouble with, and 1 is the final boss.
you had trouble on the final boss? man ff8 is the most abusable final fantasy games to come out (second is final fantasy 10, followed by 7)

anyway chrono cross is very good, however i recommend playing through trigger if you havent done so already. youll enjoy cross much more.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:

you had trouble on the final boss? man ff8 is the most abusable final fantasy games to come out (second is final fantasy 10, followed by 7)

anyway chrono cross is very good, however i recommend playing through trigger if you havent done so already. youll enjoy cross much more.
Well I had trouble as in I didn't beat it the first time. I also rushed through this game not taking the time to suck the magic that I should have.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

kaze wrote:the pc version basically looks like the dc version through vga.
Unless you use AntiAliasing ;) It looks a lot better, I can tell you.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Bleh, I have both games and neither was satisfying... Chrono Cross was soooooooooooooooooo boring and monotonous... :roll:
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Bleh, I have both games and neither was satisfying... Chrono Cross was soooooooooooooooooo boring and monotonous... :roll:
You just don't like RPG games do you. Didn't you say Final Fantasy 10 sucked also or was that somebody else?
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

veg, that was him. But he did like FF8 though.
MarHel2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MarHel2 »

Sultan of Saturn wrote: As for Gamedoctors...I really cann't recommend them. I got one and I tried to resurface some discs, and it was a lot of effort without any results. Professional resurfacing machines are the way to go...expensive...but brilliant especially with DC games.
What I tried is using some cellphone display polish. It fills up li'l scratches and stuff. Works great on audio and one of my DC games (didn't have to do it on others)
Clessouliss
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Clessouliss »

Sorry I'm replying to this so late but, Grandia 2 is so much better it makes own Chrono Cross not even a option if you had to choose between the 2.
Yeah I'm back, so what? Whoop De Freaking do!!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I am an RPG fan and I think Chrono Cross is pretty crap. It's one of the most boring games I have ever come across. Grandia 2 wins hands down for me.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

Grandia II.
Chrono Cross is a great game but I found Grandia II to be more enjoyable to play. Although CC has a much higher replay value than G2.
Tofu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Tofu »

I couldnt decide, so I bought Xenogears. :P
Grandia shall be next I suppose.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I played through Chrono Cross and liked it. I ordered Grandia 2 and I will see how it stacks up.