about sonic adventure games

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

about sonic adventure games

Post by Veggita2099 »

I was wondering on Sonic Adventure 1 if you get all the emblems does it do anything special? I am too lazy to do it but still wondering.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

From what I've been told, if you get all the emblems, you can then go online and download something special. I'm not sure what, but I think it was like some kind of Chao. I never got them all either, so I can't say 100%. This is just what I heard.

*EDIT* I just checked over at GameFAQ, and I found out that I am correct. You get a special Black Chao online. That's it.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

That stinks. A Black Chao?! Its not worth it.

On Sonic Adventure 2, once you get all 180 Emblems, you get a remade Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1, with 3D graphics and remixed Green Hill music - it brings back memories :)
[UR4]Dutch
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by [UR4]Dutch »

That sucks.....who needs a Chao anyway... The bonus from SA2 is nice, excactly what it should be.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

[UR4]Dutch wrote:That sucks.....who needs a Chao anyway... The bonus from SA2 is nice, excactly what it should be.
Bad thing is the one from SA2 might actually be a bit difficult to get. The one from SA1 wouldn't be hard just time consumeing. Maybe I can find a GAmeshark Cheat to play that greenhill zone.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I just downloaded a save file from the net to my spare VMU just to see that level, theres no way I can get all those emblems.
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

Gmc wrote:I just downloaded a save file from the net to my spare VMU just to see that level, theres no way I can get all those emblems.
lol i did the same
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Gmc wrote:I just downloaded a save file from the net to my spare VMU just to see that level, theres no way I can get all those emblems.
MY Dreamcast can't go online since I don't have a BBA or dial-up.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

damn gs'ers....
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:damn gs'ers....
what are you so against GS's?
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Veggita2099 wrote:
PSO Weapon cloners and other assorted evilness...
i must admit, i am a former cheathead... but i'm trying to ween myself off of it... :cry:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

tenchi wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
i must admit, i am a former cheathead... but i'm trying to ween myself off of it... :cry:
Other then useing it for on-line games theres nothing wrong with them.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:
tenchi wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
theres plenty wrong with them. for offline games it ruins the game for yourself. a game is supposed to be challenging. this is why companies are making games so damn easy nowadays. watch when contra is released a lot of people are gonna go "wah its too hard, let me shark it so i can breeze through it in 10 minutes and get bored with it" my belief if youre going to shark, dont even bother playing the game.

for online games it ruins it for EVERYONE. anyone who uses a shark online is just plain out selfish. sure the weapon duping was horrid, but the pking anf fsod'ing just destroyed what could have been a very nice online console game. well pso was fun for the month that i played it. i definitely got my money's worth out of it.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:
kaze wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
tenchi wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
theres plenty wrong with them. for offline games it ruins the game for yourself. a game is supposed to be challenging. this is why companies are making games so damn easy nowadays. watch when contra is released a lot of people are gonna go "wah its too hard, let me shark it so i can breeze through it in 10 minutes and get bored with it" my belief if youre going to shark, dont even bother playing the game.

for online games it ruins it for EVERYONE. anyone who uses a shark online is just plain out selfish. sure the weapon duping was horrid, but the pking anf fsod'ing just destroyed what could have been a very nice online console game. well pso was fun for the month that i played it. i definitely got my money's worth out of it.
Yep...

I have the DC action replay and I use it for extra effects not supposed ot ever be in the game... not invunarabillity or anything like that
I also use ARs for things other than Unlimited Lives or Every Weapon - like in FFVII, you can use a AR to revive Aerith or play as Sephiroth.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
tenchi wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:

If a person wants to be dumb and beat a game cheating with Gameshark then let them. I personally find newer games a lot harder then older games. Back in the NES SNES Genesis days there was very few games I DIDN'T finish. I actually remember taking a 5 dollar bet that I could beat any NES game given to me within a week without cheating. They gave me Robocop and within 4 days I finished it. Now Im having trouble with tons of them. STill I don't use gameshark unless I have all ready beat'em a game. Like after I beat Final Fantasy 10 (without cheating mind you) I restarted it with the gameshark just to see how quick I could go through it. I see nothing wrong with that. While I agree cheating through a game takes the fun out of it, if someone wants to do it let them.

And nope I won't be buying Contra when it comes out. I never did beat the first contra without the up up down down code though, not even close. I got pretty far on the SNES version of it though.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I don't mind the gameshark as sometimes you can do AMAZING things. Read some of the stuff on Goldeneye 64.

Here's a few things you can do ONLY with a gameshark on it:

Unlock two new multiplayer maps - cradle and statue.
Create your own player - mix and match available body parts.
Get into areas in multiplayer normally locked - Facililty most obviously.
A couple new weapons (often buggy).
Invisibility in multiplayer.

There are MANY MANY other nifty effects on it. In general, from what I've seen the Nintendo 64 and earlier cartridge systems seem to have better effects then many CD based games. I don't know why.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I'll only use a GS/AR/Codebreaker/Xploder to get something that I KNOW I cant get without cheating. 99% of times I'll cheat after I've completed a game, just to mess about and such...great on games like Grand theft Auto ;)

And I wish that people would never use codes online. Apparantley people use their Gamesharks to cheat online on SOCOM on the PS2. That sucks.

I'm glad that GC hasnt got one yet...but I want it to come out so i can use that goddamn freeloader thats with it!
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

We'll just be lucky to see the things come out. I wish that a chip that allows PAL Gamecubes play different region games would just hurry up and come out.