The Bali Bombing

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Bali Bombing

Post by JellyWarrior »

I havent seen a topic on this yet (which is strange to say the least) and I feel that there should at least be somthing about it considering it was such a tragedy.

I just wanna give anyone that was affected by the terrorist attack at Bali my sympathy. A very tragic event.

For those who dont know (hard not to), a car bomb was let off in Bali last Sat night. It is suspected that Osama Bin Laden had somthing to do with this attack.

About 6 small bombs were let off in night clubs in Bali (in busy tourist season) then when everybody evaculated these clubs, a giant car bomb was let off im the middle of where all the people were after they evaculated the buildings. The blast injured people in a 1km radius and I think ths death toll stands at about 200 with many many more suverely injured. This attack was designed to kill inocent people who have nothing to do with corperations and government whatsoever. Totally Barbaric.

Very brutal, very planned and I hope that the people behind this are brought to justice.
Last edited by JellyWarrior on Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

This is an example of terrorist actions been taken further outside America, and may be closer to our home as we think. Whilst I don't personally think this is the work of Osama, it is a very distinct possibility

The reason Australians are so sympathetic, are that Bali is a very popular tourist attraction for Australians. Infact, we were almost going ot go there, and would have been there at the bombing if we hadn't changed our mind earlier.

Condolences to all the people who's family and friends were lost.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

yup

Post by reaper2k2 »

i did post about it but no one cared it was not in the usa

and its come to light the us knew about it in advance and failed to tell us australians not to go there

they even knew it was that night club and that it was going to be hit in 2 weeks

john howard siad no he was not told till today whats up with that

nasty
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

10 Pakistani nationals were arrested in Bali last night and they are thought to have links to Bin Laden. Supposedly he is now calling for death to all Britons, yay! :x Perhaps George Bush and his poodle Tony Blair should finish what they started in Afghanistan now instead of bleeting on about Iraq. As for the people who did this. They are truely scum of the earth. Targetting people merely for thier nationality, race or religious ideals is nothing new but makes you sick every time.
reaper2k2 wrote:and its come to light the us knew about it in advance and failed to tell us australians not to go there
I don't believe that somehow. Think about it. America has been more paranoid than ever after 9/11. If they even had the slightest hint of a terrorist attack on thier Allies, then they would have let us know. The only source that said America knew about it was some Al Queda involved general. If you believe scum like that, then...well...I don't know what to say. It is no secret at all that Indonesia is a country in turmoil at the moment. The fact is there are terrorist factions in most countries where people have thier vacations eg. Spain (ETA), Egypt. So governments know about the activity. There just isn't much you can do about someone sticking a bomb in the middle of a crowded area, or even worse attaching a bomb to themselves.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Re: The Bali Bombing

Post by Roofus »

JellyWarrior wrote:
For those who dont know (hard not to), a car bomb was let off in Bali last Sat night. It is suspected that Osama Bin Laden had somthing to do with this attack.
Osama had nothing to do with it. Osama is dead. He's in about 200 pieces under a rock in Tora Bora. He's not coming back. That doesn't mean, though that al-Qaeda had nothing to do with it. It's possible that they think he's still alive. It's not that hard to do. Put out a poster or write a letter every so often saying "Hi! I'm Osama bin Laden! I assure you American pigs that I'm very much alive and am in no way dead." But think about it. That was never his style. A guy like him I don't think could resist putting out another video for this long. He was too in love with himself to deny the world his rantings and ravings. And remember his last new video (not the one showing his slumber party) where he looked like hell? He was pretty near death then and he was still making videos. So in conclusion: He's dead. He ain't coming back. The end.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

Its a fact the us knew about the attack 2 weeks before and failed to tell the australian gov

its on our news i did not think it up

they knew that

a night club was going to be targeted in bali they got the tip off 2 weeks before the attack and failed to tell us and addmited that on national tv down here it was on channel 9 channel seven and ten and sbs

im not sure why you not seen it yet since it was a spoke's men from the usa intelligence
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
Unseen
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Unseen »

CNN believes that Al-Qaede and Israilian Extremests are behind the Bali attack. I just watched some of the training footage, pretty sad when people are brainwashed by the government and society to hate another race or belief.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Re: The Bali Bombing

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

HothgarTheBrave wrote:
JellyWarrior wrote:
Osama had nothing to do with it. Osama is dead. He's in about 200 pieces under a rock in Tora Bora. He's not coming back. That doesn't mean, though that al-Qaeda had nothing to do with it. It's possible that they think he's still alive. It's not that hard to do. Put out a poster or write a letter every so often saying "Hi! I'm Osama bin Laden! I assure you American pigs that I'm very much alive and am in no way dead." But think about it. That was never his style. A guy like him I don't think could resist putting out another video for this long. He was too in love with himself to deny the world his rantings and ravings. And remember his last new video (not the one showing his slumber party) where he looked like hell? He was pretty near death then and he was still making videos. So in conclusion: He's dead. He ain't coming back. The end.
Either that or he died of the kidney dialysis.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe