Resident evil 3.

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Resident evil 3.

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well I finished up RE2 and moved on this game. Allready I have come to the conclusion this damn nemesis is going to be chaseing me all through the game. I take it its impossible to kill him early on? I made the mistake first time trying to fight him instead of runing into the police station and got my ass kicked.

Anyways I think they screwed up the spawning of this guy. I am at the shopping area and this guy is chaseing me EVERYWHERE! I mean I can't go from 1 area to the next without him following me. He was chaseing me and I ran into the dineing area and even though he was right behind me outside he was also inside this building and came after me. I turned right around to go back outside and he was right outside facing me. WEll I died and got pissed so here I am. Do I just have to just keep running from this guy or try and face him? With the Tank controls it seems just about impossible to try and take him on since 2 good hits from him kills me. I unloaded on him with the machinegun and it didn't even slow him down.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I'd suggest running. Although I personally have never played RE3, I have watched my friend play it. It took him a massive amount of ammo to drop this guy. There's no way you'll have enough firepower to rid yourself of him early on. You'll almost not have enough ammo to rid yourself of him later either.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

heres what you do...

A gunpowder never use

B gunpoder never use

combine A and B every chance you get, this will turn to C ammo

combine two C ammos

Make bullets

you now have freeze rounds

keep making nothing but freeze rounds

by the time you get to the train make the freeze rounds your primary weapon (you should have around 250 if you find them all) kick nemmys behind all over the game.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:heres what you do...

A gunpowder never use

B gunpoder never use

combine two C ammos

Make bullets

by the time you get to the train make the freeze rounds your primary weapon (you should have around 250 if you find them all) kick nemmys behind all over the game.
So does attacking him early in the game help then? I don't want to waste ammo attacking him if all it is gonna do it look like im hurting it. I know when I first found that dude he helped and we actually knocked nem down, but he got right back up. I haven't gotten enough powder to make any freeze rounds yet, so that isn't really a option. I am not really far in the game and I have a habit of never coming close to finding everything in a game. I can tell I allready like RE 2. Running around town with a monster that can spawn all over the place isn't much fun. Wouldn't be so bad if he wouldn't be behind you, then all of a sudden in front of you in the next area, then when you go back he is there again. Is that a bug or is there more then 1 of these guys??
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

He teleports, ala Jason from Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan. Most good monsters can do that.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: .

Post by Veggita2099 »

Lartrak wrote:He teleports, ala Jason from Friday the 13th part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan. Most good monsters can do that.
So that explains it. Well I finnally took him down this time with the help of that south american dude. I have done some stuff and now he is chaseing after me again :/ I am in a save room hideing under a table fearing for my life.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

The opening cutscene in RE3 is one of my favorite moments in a game. ^_^
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:The opening cutscene in RE3 is one of my favorite moments in a game. ^_^
whats so special about it??
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:

A gunpowder never use

B gunpoder never use

combine two C ammos

Make bullets

So does attacking him early in the game help then? I don't want to waste ammo attacking him if all it is gonna do it look like im hurting it. I know when I first found that dude he helped and we actually knocked nem down, but he got right back up. I haven't gotten enough powder to make any freeze rounds yet, so that isn't really a option. I am not really far in the game and I have a habit of never coming close to finding everything in a game. I can tell I allready like RE 2. Running around town with a monster that can spawn all over the place isn't much fun. Wouldn't be so bad if he wouldn't be behind you, then all of a sudden in front of you in the next area, then when you go back he is there again. Is that a bug or is there more then 1 of these guys??
depends if youre playiung on hard, and you drop him, when he drops, quickly run over to him, and search him, he carries an item, usually someting really good like some magnum ammo. plus if you drop him all the time and get all items he carries you get sme extras not available normally.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:

A gunpowder never use

B gunpoder never use

combine two C ammos

Make bullets

depends if youre playiung on hard, and you drop him, when he drops, quickly run over to him, and search him, he carries an item, usually someting really good like some magnum ammo. plus if you drop him all the time and get all items he carries you get sme extras not available normally.
Nah I played on easy so I have unlimited saves...such a nice feature. Sounds like he is similar to that terminator wannabe on RE2 that bugs Claire.. only nem actually can run after you and shot stuff. I tried searching him that one time and didn't find anything. I did manage to make 20 freeze rounds but I don't got the weapon needed to launch them.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

ARG I don't like Nemesis!!!!!!

Always finds me in tight rooms!!!!! I never have seen any ammo on him after finnally dropping him.

I am really worried that I might have missed the grenade launcher earlier in the game. If I did that is a big problem considering I have about 100 different rounds for the thing that I made up. I am up to the point where I just ran out of a blown up hospital and went back to playing Jill again.

Did I miss it somewhere? IF so I pretty much gotta start the game over again since I am about out of ammo for the guns I actually got. I took Kaio's advice and made a bunch of freeze rounds which is good....if I can find a weapon to shoot them with.

Also on a side note how do you load Magnum rounds? I tried AA AC but neither worked.
yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

See, I told you Nemesis was harder than the Gamecube RE. And to top it all off, you're playing it on easy!!! I think Nemesis achieves something great in RE, which is to never give you calm. You never know when he'll show up. The best advice I can give you is to run (though in easy you might as well shoot him. It is easy after all. Plus unlimited saves mean no suspense, so just try whatever. What's the point?)
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:ARG I don't like Nemesis!!!!!!

Always finds me in tight rooms!!!!! I never have seen any ammo on him after finnally dropping him.

I am really worried that I might have missed the grenade launcher earlier in the game. If I did that is a big problem considering I have about 100 different rounds for the thing that I made up. I am up to the point where I just ran out of a blown up hospital and went back to playing Jill again.

Did I miss it somewhere? IF so I pretty much gotta start the game over again since I am about out of ammo for the guns I actually got. I took Kaio's advice and made a bunch of freeze rounds which is good....if I can find a weapon to shoot them with.

Also on a side note how do you load Magnum rounds? I tried AA AC but neither worked.
oh yea you missed it. if yourew by the hospital, then yure way past it. epending on the choices you have made it will be in one of two places: either in the police station top floor in the room where you received the distress message from carlos, or in the little underground pasage where you have to use the electric fence to shock the crap out of those billion zombies.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:ARG I don't like Nemesis!!!!!!

oh yea you missed it. if yourew by the hospital, then yure way past it. epending on the choices you have made it will be in one of two places: either in the police station top floor in the room where you received the distress message from carlos, or in the little underground pasage where you have to use the electric fence to shock the crap out of those billion zombies.
Grr im screwed now since I have used a ton of black powder to make those freeze and flame rounds up. Looks like I am going to have to start over. I guess it won't be too bad since I know what Im doing now though.

Nemesis still don't make the gamer harder then RE on GC though. I usually can predict where he is coming cause I see a lot of unused explosives you can shoot with your gun and he seems to show up shortly after seeing those.
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

I just have 1 question. Did they just emulate the psx game on the DC? I still can't believe how bad it looks.

This has nothing to do with DC, but did Capcom remake the RE1, 2, and 3 on the gamcube? ~with updated grafix?
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

They totally remade one with awesome graphics and some new surprises. It looks great I recommend getting it.

On gamecube resident evil 2 and 3 are just going to be ports of the game, so it will have the same crappy graphics as the Dreamcast port (which is a port of the Playstation game I believe, it is definately not emulated).
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have been playing the GC version and gotten a little farther then before. It does look great on GC, but still the difficulty should have remained the same if you ask me. I also just realized something else. After you kill a zombie they lay there for about ahour or so then when you come back they chase you (actually run) and are a lot harder to kill.

So my my fav has been RE2.
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

when they come back to life they're called crimson heads, you should torch the bodies of any zombies you kill so they cant come back
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Lupin[lvl] wrote:when they come back to life they're called crimson heads, you should torch the bodies of any zombies you kill so they cant come back
RE for GCN was great, it was my first RE experience, *waits for laughs*, right now im playing RE for my Saturn.
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

Im thinking about barrowinng my cousins GC, then renting that game. I still can't believe he doesnt have it. Between you and me though, I think that he's scared of the game, and thats why he doesn't have it. It's the only logical reason.

Since we're on the topic of resident evil. Does anyone know where I can dowload the opening movie to the jpn. psx version of RE1. I kinda wanted to see the unedited movie, even if it does suck.