Sega Saturn In DreamCast???

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by pixel »

e1x5x wrote:hmm i thought the saturn ran on like those motorala 68000 processors or something. i cant think straight... something is telling me macs used some of those too a while back.
yeah, they did...
from about '93 - '97, macs ran on those processors, what mac users call a "68k." Then the PowerPC (akin to the processor in the GameCube), G3, and now G4.
bizzle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bizzle »

tenchimasaki wrote:
e1x5x wrote:hmm i thought the saturn ran on like those motorala 68000 processors or something. i cant think straight... something is telling me macs used some of those too a while back.
yeah, they did...
from about '93 - '97, macs ran on those processors, what mac users call a "68k." Then the PowerPC (akin to the processor in the GameCube), G3, and now G4.
yeah so did the saturn run 2 sh2's or some 68k processors? for some reason i am thinking the 3rd revision of the saturn used the 68k processors. maybe i am wrong.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Re: dc

Post by Prophet][ »

Warmtoe wrote:
Hawq wrote:They got to the moon with less power than that, the average calculator or watch has more processing power than the appollo computers.
I take it you're referring to the power of the video-editting suite they used in the hangar :lol:

-W-
I can't stand people who think man didn't land on the moon. All the arguments are so crap. Like "You can't see stars in the video," Derrr, you can't see many stars in space as their nothing for the light to reflect off.

This was another great "Derrr," in history
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Prophet][ wrote:
Warmtoe wrote:
Hawq wrote:They got to the moon with less power than that, the average calculator or watch has more processing power than the appollo computers.
I take it you're referring to the power of the video-editting suite they used in the hangar :lol:

-W-
I can't stand people who think man didn't land on the moon. All the arguments are so crap. Like "You can't see stars in the video," Derrr, you can't see many stars in space as their nothing for the light to reflect off.

This was another great "Derrr," in history
Er stars give off their own light, for evidence of this look up during the day, and I'd be more concerned with all the other errors in the moon landing footage like multiple light sources, wasn't there meant to just be a light on the camera? then why do some astronauts produce 2 shadows? and the lines on the lem camera sometimes go behind peoples heads, very strange.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Its a pretty well known fact you see less stars up in space. Yes they do let off their own light, but most that reach us isn't visable, It has to bounce off our atmosphere before we can see it. Just like why the sky is blue. Only blue frequencies are absorbed in nitrogen and oxygen molecules. Their is another reason but that is the main. You might say then why can we see our star, the sun, well its closer. If we could see all stars then the sky would have more stars and it wouldn't really be night
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Hawq wrote:wasn't there meant to just be a light on the camera? then why do some astronauts produce 2 shadows? and the lines on the lem camera sometimes go behind peoples heads, very strange.
It was first beleived that the other shadow was becasie of the moon letting its own light off (it glows you see). But it was found that the Earth is responsible. It is quite bright from the moon.

Object aren't actually in front of the line. Even the most stupid person couldn't do that on photoshop. Tell me, how could you put lines behind objects, accidently. It only appears that lines are behind object as the object may be black or start just as the line finish giving it the affect that it is behind the object
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Prophet][ wrote:
Hawq wrote:wasn't there meant to just be a light on the camera? then why do some astronauts produce 2 shadows? and the lines on the lem camera sometimes go behind peoples heads, very strange.
It was first beleived that the other shadow was becasie of the moon letting its own light off (it glows you see). But it was found that the Earth is responsible. It is quite bright from the moon.

Object aren't actually in front of the line. Even the most stupid person couldn't do that on photoshop. Tell me, how could you put lines behind objects, accidently. It only appears that lines are behind object as the object may be black or start just as the line finish giving it the affect that it is behind the object
The moon does not glow, it reflects.

Rambozo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Rambozo »

Dear god, some of you are DENSE.

I'm gonna have a lot of fun here. :-)
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Saturn has:

2x SH2 (main CPU, for game logic processing etc)
1x M68k (sound CPU, for processing sound effects etc)
1x DSP (not sure what kind but it could do a lot of math stuff fast)
1x .... (CD controller CPU)
2x VDP (one for foreground -> sprites, polys, one for background)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

crt0 wrote:Saturn has:

Stay on topic here crt0.
What about the moon landing? Is it fake? ;D

7 processors. That's gonna take a lot of horsepower to emulate at decent speeds.
No signature.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

yup

Post by reaper2k2 »

the moon landing is 100% fake

For one thing the moon photos have grids running throu them but what do you know one of the grids in the photo's .It goes behind a hill then in front of the hill meaning the the hill was placed on top of a old photo ....

what nasa siad it was bad editing is all they could come up with

the flags wave for fks sake there no air or wind yet the flags wave fk me dead

if any one with half a mind thinks those moon pics are real .. Then so was the fake saturncast snescast and the n64 fake bullshit

really the big one theres no blast crator under any of the moon landers

we see the lander take off being pulled up by a string

when it flys off the moon what a joke

if they could land on any planet they not use the ocean to spash down in

there so much proof its a total fake

it was done because the usa wanted to get there before russia.........

nasa has no proof they landed on the moon infact they refused to go any were near it with the hobble telescope or any probe why.....

we see theres no rovers no landers and no flags waving in the non windy no air planet

how could any one believe it when the flags wave and the shadows have forsides theres no single light source in the photos it was done on a sound stage its so bloody silly they should just addmit it

give the smart people a break .......... it was as fake as wwe
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

toastman wrote:

Stay on topic here crt0.
What about the moon landing? Is it fake? ;D

7 processors. That's gonna take a lot of horsepower to emulate at decent speeds.
Could the dual Sh2 be done within the Sh4 do to backwards compatablity easly? M68k could be done using the DC sound thing (forgot the name sorry). No clue where you'd find any power left in dc to do the 2 vdp, 1 dsp or the cpu. Well the cpu could probly be done in the sh4 right?
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
ajay()
Raptors Creator
Raptors Creator

Post by ajay() »

http://www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm

http://brainsluice.tripod.com/moonlanding.html

http://batesmotel.8m.com/

I have no idea re: fake or not, but those 3 sites are interesting, especially the 2nd.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

This is sad. You all deserve to get your asses kicked by 70 year old astronauts ... -_-
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

ajay() wrote:http://www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm

I have no idea re: fake or not, but those 3 sites are interesting, especially the 2nd.
Yeah the 2'nd one is an interesting blank page, maybe Nasa got to this one, I like the shot of the structure reflected in the helmet (labelled as D) in this shot:

bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Hawq wrote:
ajay() wrote:http://www.lunaranomalies.com/fake-moon.htm

Yeah the 2'nd one is an interesting blank page, maybe Nasa got to this one, I like the shot of the structure reflected in the helmet (labelled as D) in this shot:
internesting, personally i dont think anyone ever landed on the moon.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

If I'm not mistaken, the CD controller CPU is A Hitachi SH-1. (I may be wrong about this however.) And about the DC's SH-4 doing the dual SH-2's, you would first need to reverse the endianness of the saturn stuff, since it is big-endian, and the dc is little-endian.(I think).
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

With some of the extremely powerful telescopes (as well as the hubbel, I believe) they've gotten pictures of the flag on the moon. It doesn't look BIG in the images, but you can tell what it is. So yes, the flag is there.

And yes, man landed on the moon.

People who say the moon landing was faked remind me of people who believe the holocaust was fake. There are people who genuinely believe it was a vast Jewish conspiracy to make them look like victims and gain leverage somehow.

Oh yeah, and Russians are believed to have crash landed on the dark side of the moon before the USA. There are recordings of them speaking in Russia, slightly panicked as they started to get to the darker side (something went wrong, obviously) of the moon and then lost contact, never to be heard from again.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I could have swore the Saturn ran on Hamster power?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

The moon landing was not fake, we should start another topic about this.
But, the russians put a rover on the moon bout 15 years after Apollo 11. I've seen the footage, it shows the flag, the junk that USA left behind.

I can disprove every theory of why it was fake. Someone said something bout the flag?

Well, the flag is full of wire so that it stand up straight. Anyone held a 2m long piece of bout 3mm wire? The smallest vibration and the other end shakes like hell. The flag was rolled up on the pod so the flag waving is the guy tring to straightn out the wire and him connecting it to the poll. In short, the smallest vibration will make that thing wave.