The inevitable poll: "Got Ikaruga?"

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.

Got Ikaruga?

No- I don't like the look of it/ don't like shooters
100%

Total votes: 3
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Wasgo »

I'll get it, but only after it comes out on Gamecube.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

How much did you people pay for this game? Surely people didn't put out over 50 bucks I hope? On Ebay people is chargeing 60 dollars and up for this game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

The games good but paying over $50 is just stupid.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
qupe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by qupe »

what about us NeoGeo AES owners who pay ?250+ for the harder to get hold of games.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

qupe wrote:what about us NeoGeo AES owners who pay ?250+ for the harder to get hold of games.
Thats different. See there rare and thats the big legals where people can spend money like crazy.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
qupe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by qupe »

Ikaruga is Rare though, same with Samba De Amiga boxed sets they reach some good money.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Anything the least bit rare on E-bay sells high. Just like Christmas Nights which can go for around 50 bucks. Id love to have christmas nights again but I wouldn't pay more then 10 bucks since it was FREE when it first came out.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

anyway everyone knows i have mine. as far as ebay goes, people take advantage of ignorance. when people stop getting desperate for things, you wont see radiant silvergun for 200 dollars anyore. kinda like when people stood up and refused to get murdered for a crappy final fantasy tactics. it just isnt worth it. radiant silvergun is STILL not rare.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
shakti_raj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by shakti_raj »

clessoulis wrote:I got the game to and probly first before any of you did.
I got it before it was made :P
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I thought about getting it since it is one of the very last, if not the very last, Dreamcast game to ever be released. However, I'm not a fan of shooters. I mean, I've played a couple, and have even beaten one in my life, but I've just never really gotten into them. So I'm just not sure if it's worth it to buy a game that I'm not sure I've even going to like. :?
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

melancholy wrote:I thought about getting it since it is one of the very last, if not the very last, Dreamcast game to ever be released. However, I'm not a fan of shooters. I mean, I've played a couple, and have even beaten one in my life, but I've just never really gotten into them. So I'm just not sure if it's worth it to buy a game that I'm not sure I've even going to like. :?
I have never been much of a shooter fan my self before this and haven't even beaten one ever I think. I just bought this one mainly becuase I do like some shooters and it was made by the developers of Gunstar Heroe's, one of my favorite genesis games. It's a fun game that's pretty easy to get into and almost mixes a bit of strategy with shooter elements.
Last edited by ShadowofBob on Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Ikaruga has massive depth to it, you dont understand it untill you see a 100+ chain on a level and see that the attack patterns change as you hold a chain all the way throughout the level.

I hardly see how paying $50+ for a high quality game is stupid.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

The Kron wrote:I hardly see how paying $50+ for a high quality game is stupid.
It is certainly better than paying $65 for the latest edition of, say, FIFA (just my opinion). For all you Canadians and Americans, new release PS2 games are sold by the likes of EB UK for anything upto ?40 - ?45 which converts to ~65USD
qupe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by qupe »

XBox games here are ?45 for the majority on release. Same with Ps2.

Dreamcast games on release went to ?39.99 towards the end they were down to ?29.99 on release. So in my mind ?50 fo Ikaruga wasn't bad.

If I get over 25 hours enjoyment out of a game that I have paid full price for I will be happy. In Ikaruga stakes that would equate to around ?2 an hour and I am sure if I do stop playing it I will go back to it again eventually.

Virtua Tennis has had well over 50 hours of play from me and that was worth every penny :)
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

OMG I GOT IKARUGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy shit its so good. but hard as fuck. thx yall, i think me just made a good investment. dc is alive once again.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

AmadeusZull wrote:OMG I GOT IKARUGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy poop its so good. but hard as fudge. thx yall, i think me just made a good investment. dc is alive once again.
That's EXACTLY how I felt when Token99 gave it to me on Friday night :D
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

JDCreationz wrote:
AmadeusZull wrote:OMG I GOT IKARUGA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holy poop its so good. but hard as fudge. thx yall, i think me just made a good investment. dc is alive once again.
That's EXACTLY how I felt when Token99 gave it to me on Friday night :D
but seriously it is a real good game.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

A more interesting poll would be how many have you have LEGIT copies. I'll admit I have a pirated copy (I'm not a huge shmups fan, but I like to try them all out - Ikaruga is such a tiny download I couldn't resist the evil power of the Dark Side), but I'm going to get the legit one. I've been trying for a while but I got outbid several times. I guess I'll just have to go through a full priced importer.. Ah well.

Treasure is the kind of company I wouldn't mind buying their games twice. Their games are so unique and brilliantly designed they deserve lots of money.