It's here! It's finally here! DreamMovie with Remote Control

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

It's here! It's finally here! DreamMovie with Remote Control

Post by Chaniyth »

w00t! I am sooo happy!

It only took about 11 days from Hong Kong, China for it to arrive (Bought it at Lik-Sang.com), but it's finally here! DreamMovie VCD/MP3 Player with Remote Control!

I tested it out, with the Star Wars VCD box set I recently bought... and lemme tell you, in my opinion, VCD looks sooooooooo much better than VHS! :o

Image Image

Mmmmm, platinum silver! :-D

Whoever said that the VCD/MP3 combo one was ugly, needs to have their Dreamcast permanately taken away from them. :wink:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
bizzle

Re: It's here! It's finally here! DreamMovie with Remote Control

Post by bizzle »

kubyx wrote:Whoever said that the VCD/MP3 combo one was ugly, needs to have their Dreamcast permanately taken away from them. :wink:
haha. nice buy. best of luck with it.
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

Yeah, I love mine. Works spifftacular. :D
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

NeonGenesis wrote:spifftacular
funny but cool word.. :P
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

I got one but I was really hoping it would have played SVCD's but it doesnt.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

That does look tight, but I have been wondering whether or not it is worth it. All I have are DVD's and a hand full of VHS movies. I have always been concerned of buying vcd movies for fear of cheap boot-legging.

Anyways...what are svcd? Super VCDs? What is the difference between regular vcd and svcd?
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

SVCDs are MPEG-2, like DVD. VCDs are MPEG-1.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

VCD uses the following resolutions... 352x240 for NTSC and 352x288 for PAL (MPEG-1)

SVCD uses the following resolutions 480x480 for NTSC and 480x576 for PAL (MPEG-2)

XVCD/XSVCD uses the following uses the same resolutions of a DVD which is 720x480 for NTSC and 720x576 for PAL (MPEG-1 or MPEG-2)

DreamMovie can play XVCD! :-D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

kubyx wrote:VCD uses the following resolutions... 352x240 for NTSC and 352x288 for PAL (MPEG-1)

SVCD uses the following resolutions 480x480 for NTSC and 480x576 for PAL (MPEG-2)

XVCD/XSVCD uses the following uses the same resolutions of a DVD which is 720x480 for NTSC and 720x576 for PAL (MPEG-1 or MPEG-2)

DreamMovie can play XVCD! :-D
Why cant it play SVCD then? and I havent seen XVCDs for sell anywhere.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

Because, SVCDs are MPEG-2, Cless, like DVD.

XVCDs are Extended VCDs, and are any VCDs not using the official standards, hence you not seeing them for sale. Not following the VCD 2.0 standards, XVCDs are homemade. When he said they could be MPEG-1 or MPEG-2, that refers to XVCDs and XSVCDs, respectively.

DreamMovie is nothing but an MPEG-1 player. It can play XVCDs because the software is not limited to VCD standards, but to as well as the software is written.

This, obviously, does not allow SVCD or XSVCD playback, which is in MPEG-2 format.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have never seen a truely good VCD or SVCD yet. Then again the only ones I got originated from a ill-legit source. I have SVCD of Star Wars Ep 2 that looks pretty good, but still not even VHS quality. I also have Meet the Parents on regular VCD and its just as good as the Svcd of star wars I have.

Obviously my SVCD was recorded in a Movie Theatre as where the Meet the Parents was probably a DVD rip.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

ye and it play's xvcd because it's from china, because xvcd is homemade and china sell's illiegal stuff that's homemade. if you wanna get pirated stuff goto malaysia. in maylasia u can get unreleased movies for a mere 50c
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

NeonGenesis wrote:Yeah, I love mine. Works spifftacular. :D
Hey that's my word! :P

I tried to get one of these but my parents over ruled me. :x I wish I had my own credit card. :?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Well mastered VCDs are better then VHS in some ways and worse in others (high action gets macroblocks even with the extremely expensive proffesional encoders - but there is generally no overall fuzziness). VCD wins overall for a simple reason: it doesn't wear out. That's why I've never been a big VHS kind of guy (at least for pre-recorded stuff), I have to know if I watch this like even once a year or maybe twice, it will start to be seriously degraded 5 years down the line.

VCDs are also hella cheap :D
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: .

Post by Sirmorpheous »

Lartrak wrote:Well mastered VCDs are better then VHS in some ways and worse in others (high action gets macroblocks even with the extremely expensive proffesional encoders - but there is generally no overall fuzziness). VCD wins overall for a simple reason: it doesn't wear out. That's why I've never been a big VHS kind of guy (at least for pre-recorded stuff), I have to know if I watch this like even once a year or maybe twice, it will start to be seriously degraded 5 years down the line.

and free if ya download em!
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: .

Post by Quall »

Sirmorpheous wrote:
and free if ya download em!
:o
ben15dc
a frickin badge
a frickin badge

Post by ben15dc »

How does that player work? Would something in the dreamcast be a sensor to that remote, With that remote can you power on/off your dc?
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

that remote looks pretty ugly man :o :o
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

ben15dc wrote:How does that player work? Would something in the dreamcast be a sensor to that remote, With that remote can you power on/off your dc?
The sensor is built into a little dongle that plugs into your controller port, and no it can't power off your DC because the DC's power button is a push switch. The remote handles basic functions like play/ff/rwd.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!