Mamed wont play roms

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mamed wont play roms

Post by LESTAT »

Ok so i downloaded and burnt MAMED37b15.5Dreamcast.rar the image that has neogeo and mame stuff... ant it self boots and everything just fine. But, i am under the impression. from what i have read, that all i need to do is create a disk with a Roms (spelled just like that) folder and i stick the supported rom zip files in there that i want, and also the neogeo bios file.
Ok so i did that, i pick the Mamed pack that i want to use, which works fine, then when it doesnt see any roms, i of course put in the rom disk and hit rescan.
At that point it actually does see all supported roms that i have, but thats the end of it, i can not do anything after that, Start and A dont do anything, a few roms games to a black screen with the rom list but thats it, the Left trigger brings up the menu like it should.. but that is it.
One rom in fact rebooted my DC.. but that is all the action i have been able to get.
ANY help at all is greatly appreciated.
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

wait a minute are you telling me i need to open each zip and add the neogeo bios files to each and every rom pack ..

omg... you gotta be kidding me .. but hey... Samurai Showdown 4 , Kabuki Clash, Gorou: Mark ofThe Wolves is supported.. !!! so man.. ill give it a try.!!
Oh marver vs street fighter !! ..

oh and do you mean.. add the bios FILES to each zip or the bios ZIP to the rom zip file..
and what about the Capcom games that are not playing.. what am i missing.... ?
Last edited by LESTAT on Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

avatar showing now ?? it wasnt before.

nope still not showing up ... what are the avatar properties .. so i can upload my little pic..
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

LESTAT wrote:avatar showing now ?? it wasnt before.

nope still not showing up ... what are the avatar properties .. so i can upload my little pic..
DC Emu Profile Page wrote:Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 113 pixels, a height no greater than 113 pixels and a file size no more than 29kB.
It supports PNG and GIF and possibly others.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

ok guys come on ... 5 seconds after i posted my initial problem someone replied... keep it comin guys.. please..
i pretty much dont know what else to do.. read the previous posts to see what i have done so far..
help help help ..

kof96 actually starts to load.. but then it goes right back to the rom list, but the background is no longer the Mamed orangish one.. its just a solid background.. and it been like that for 10 min.
anyone.. pretty please.. i need my Kabuki and Samurai Showdown 4 ..and Capcom games...
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

Wait... NONE of the above games will work!

Try smaller ROMSets like Fatal Fury[/quote]

uhm according to the games lists.. they work .. i thought sam. show. 4 was a just a bit LARGE of a rom. . but ...
what about the street fighter games....
can anyone Direct me to an (un)official list of working roms for Mamed ?
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

LESTAT wrote:ok guys come on ... 5 seconds after i posted my initial problem someone replied... keep it comin guys.. please..
i pretty much dont know what else to do.. read the previous posts to see what i have done so far..
help help help ..

kof96 actually starts to load.. but then it goes right back to the rom list, but the background is no longer the Mamed orangish one.. its just a solid background.. and it been like that for 10 min.
anyone.. pretty please.. i need my Kabuki and Samurai Showdown 4 ..and Capcom games...
You're SOL... as been stated before, they will NOT work. Due to the DC being limited to 16megs of RAM. :(
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:I had the same prob...

I put the neo-geo BIOS in each zip and it was fine
Uh, you can just put the bios in the rom dir, you dont need to add it to every zip.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

So that is the best answer i get huh ... those roms are too big... jesus.. dont sit here and tell me that all the excitement about this program was for some stupid pac-man game or galaga .. that people play for 5 minutes and shut off... ???
so all the decent games have roms that are too big... all the KOF games and all the Street fighter games.. ??
no body wants to share a url of a list of ACTUAL working roms..??
reptilezero
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by reptilezero »

don't like it huh? make a neocd emu then. :)
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

if ya wanna play neogeo get maim...but i have problems with it to...it wont load the orms u want though. i only burned it for bustamove...can someone give me instructions...i got it selfboot and i dont know what to do with the roms and stuff...
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

LESTAT wrote:So that is the best answer i get huh ... those roms are too big... jesus.. dont sit here and tell me that all the excitement about this program was for some stupid pac-man game or galaga .. that people play for 5 minutes and shut off... ???
so all the decent games have roms that are too big... all the KOF games and all the Street fighter games.. ??
no body wants to share a url of a list of ACTUAL working roms..??
Nam75 works as do many other classics, obviously the older the game the better it'll run but that still leaves great games like Asteroids, Galaga, Star Wars (I think, I cant remember exactly). The old games may not look that great but they're from a time when playability was the most importent thing & arcade games were always designed for quick blasts of gaming anyway, you want long games use a console.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

Dawg,
1)
Very well spoken

2)
I do enjoy the occasion old school game, but im just curious as to a list of working roms so that i can make a working disk, i mean some one some where has to have something like this listed. Because the "Games Supported" list is about as inaccurate as it gets... it basically copies over a list of working mame roms, not a list of working mamed or mamedc roms... the DC only has 16 megs of ram, but some of those Street fighter and SNK machines had a lot less than that, just wondering what games like that, that i can burn and be able to play. :?:
emuxer001
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by emuxer001 »

After all these months I thought no one will ever try MAMEd again and have questions about it.
It is a great app. There are some modern games that work just fine but this release pleases more the classic-type gamer since most of the games from the golden age work almost perfect.
The list they give you are of drivers in the MAME core. It is not a compatibility list and some of those games are not even really supported by the current MAME version (like Sony/Capcom ZN-1 system)

If anyone wants to know what roms work and which won't work, visit this page

http://www.chez.com/omc1/MAMED/Index.htm

There are only two compatibility lists missing (Pack 14 and 15) but they will be on-line within the next week, but before you ask, CPS1 and CPS2 games don't work. However, there is a version that was released a few months ago that plays some of CPS1 games on DC since with these there are no Roms bigger than 8MB.

You are obviuosly a young player. Old games may not have endings or fancy graphics, but they have a long-lasting fun. Give a try to these games and don't go around thinking the Golden age was just Pac-Man and Space Invaders:
Q-bert, Astro Blaster, Space Fury, Solar Fox, Amidar, Bubbles, Food Fight, BurgerTime, Bump and Jump, etc., etc.

However, if you still want more recent games with the right speed, go buy an Xbox and find the binaries for MAME in an IRC (it is forbbiden to post it in the internet).
LESTAT
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LESTAT »

no im 31 yrs old, been playing Video games since pong, and i just dont get into them, there are bigger and better things out there, ive loved 2d fighters since i really got into them when i got my snes, and started playing ssf2 turbo, those are just my games of choice, ill leave the nestalga to the guys who like playin galaga and frogger, although i will say i am a centipede freak, i dont know that i can get enough of that game.
and thank you for the web address that is exactly what i was looking for

many thanks too all of you for your comments.