Cutting Down Voltage, power invertors,Laptop input to dc,LCD

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pyrosurfer »

NiGHTSFTP wrote:
Pyrosurfer wrote:Thanks for your help. So whats the point of the grounding wristband if it hurts you 10x more?
To NOT damage the DELICATE electrical components inside of the DREAMCAST, you fudging retard.

Very small electrical discharges can WREAK HAVOC on certain components.

|NiGHTS| out.

Shut the fuck up. I just started taking things apart 2 weeks ago. I thought the wristbands were to protect yourself from being shocked. Cut me some slack, asshole. Thanks TheDumbAss for answering my questions.I live in the US so i guess I'll try radioshack. Do you know around how much regulators cost? I thought the dc uses the same amount of power no matter what . About the battery topic though, http://www.geocities.com/dcporta/dconba ... evised.jpg there's the picture. What is GND? Is this where it plugs into to the power supply? If i do make this portable dc i think im gonna use old console cases for the case. Maybe a nomad case i already have one opened up(i know all the parts probably won't fit), and i'll probably put the gd drive in a broken portable cd player case.
ndr008
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ndr008 »

Cool9 wrote:Yes Your dreamcast can shock u while its off be cause it still some power stored in those things that i jus forgot what they were called they are those cylinder things on the board near where u hook up the power cable
Those or called capacitors or .. what was the term hmmmmmmmmm oh yeah, electrolytic
Gavroche
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Gavroche »

ndr008 wrote:
Cool9 wrote:Yes Your dreamcast can shock u while its off be cause it still some power stored in those things that i jus forgot what they were called they are those cylinder things on the board near where u hook up the power cable
Those or called capacitors or .. what was the term hmmmmmmmmm oh yeah, electrolytic
That has already been mentioned in this post already. If you actually knew what the difference between electrolytic and ceramic is, I will be very surprised.

Anyone who has blown the top / side of an electrolytic will know the difference. :D

Less with the attitude, it doesnt help anyone and even though Cool9 didnt know the name for them, his theory was correct.

-Gav
Boolean3K
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Boolean3K »

We could use those LCD monitor for videogames, like this ones by interAct:
For GameCube:
http://www.interact-acc.com/popup/popup ... I2503101Z7

For PSOne:
http://www.interact-acc.com/popup/popup ... D=I-22030A

This two you could connect your DreamCast directily, because of they own an segond port for other devices, like the sites says:
"AV Input For Connecting A Second Device (VCR, DVD Player, etc...)" :D

About the batery, there is a lot of notebook baterys that alredy owns diferent voltages (12,5,3.3 and others). I own an old toshiba notebook whith an lithium batery with more than one connector and more tham one voltage. The model from this notebook is Toshiba Satellite Pro 4260DVD.

I hope I could helped you...

cya...

PS.: Sorry for my poor english... :)
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

Pyrosurfer wrote: Shut the fudge up. I just started taking things apart 2 weeks ago. I thought the wristbands were to protect yourself from being shocked. Cut me some slack, asshole.
Your theory was by GROUNDing yourself, you can AVOID electrical shock.

I have three words for that: Sheer f.ucking brilliance.
Pyrosurfer wrote: What is GND?
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
ndr008
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ndr008 »

Gavroche wrote:
Cool9 wrote:
Less with the attitude, it doesnt help anyone and even though Cool9 didnt know the name for them, his theory was correct.

-Gav
I didn't mean to dis any1 dude :wink:
and the smell is terrible of a burning electrolytic, and also, ceremic capacitors are those small ones which have a small value there for their polarity is negligable i think, therefore it is concidered to be polerity deprived. (something like that, i'll ask my dad later.) :wink:
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

I found out sort of what GND is. If you look at your power supply where the thing is with 6 holes then under it it says 3.3V 5V GND 12V. So im guessing this is where you hook the battery wires up. Is this right? Which screen is better the gamecube or psone screen? Thanks.