Should I get a Gamecube or PSX2 this year???

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Brothaman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Should I get a Gamecube or PSX2 this year???

Post by Brothaman »

I am confused on what I should get this year for my birthday.I like Gamecube for the simple fact that I can play Resident Evil 0 and the remake, I also want to play Mario Sunshine & the new Metroid.I like a handful of games for PSX2... I still haven't played Code Veronica X,nor have I played Metal Gear Solid 2.Also I heard they are remaking PC Engine's Castlevania Rondo Of Blood exclusively for PSX2... Plus I haven't even played Tekken 4, not even Tag Tournament either LOL.I I also like Midnight run.I would have picked PSX2 if it hadn't been for Nintendo owning the rights to the Resident Evil games I was really looking forward to the new Resident Evils being for PSX2.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

you can go neutral and buy a new GeForce 4 ti 4400 card.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Should I get a Gamecube or PSX2 this year???

Post by pixel »

Brothaman wrote:I am confused on what I should get this year for my birthday.I like Gamecube for the simple fact that I can play Resident Evil 0 and the remake, I also want to play Mario Sunshine & the new Metroid.I like a handful of games for PSX2... I still haven't played Code Veronica X,nor have I played Metal Gear Solid 2.Also I heard they are remaking PC Engine's Castlevania Rondo Of Blood exclusively for PSX2... Plus I haven't even played Tekken 4, not even Tag Tournament either LOL.I I also like Midnight run.I would have picked PSX2 if it hadn't been for Nintendo owning the rights to the Resident Evil games I was really looking forward to the new Resident Evils being for PSX2.
do you like a lot of "OK" games? Or do you like a smaller total amount of games, but all higher in quality? Do you like the Nintendo regulars (Mario, Metroid, Zelda)?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Here comes another battle of the fanboys thread :roll:
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

you can't go wrong with either!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Brothaman wrote:I am confused on what I should get this year for my birthday.I like Gamecube for the simple fact that I can play Resident Evil 0 and the remake, I also want to play Mario Sunshine & the new Metroid.I like a handful of games for PSX2... I still haven't played Code Veronica X,nor have I played Metal Gear Solid 2.Also I heard they are remaking PC Engine's Castlevania Rondo Of Blood exclusively for PSX2... Plus I haven't even played Tekken 4, not even Tag Tournament either LOL.I I also like Midnight run.I would have picked PSX2 if it hadn't been for Nintendo owning the rights to the Resident Evil games I was really looking forward to the new Resident Evils being for PSX2.
MArio Sunshine isn't nothing great I can tell you that now. I have both and would not want to give neither up. But if it absolutely boiled down to it, I woul dget rid of GC before the ps2 I think. Also you can Get Code Veronica for DReamcast. I don't know if its much different then the psx2 version or not?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

redraider225 wrote:Here comes another battle of the fanboys thread :roll:
The truth :D
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
Full-Bodied
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Full-Bodied »

Veggita2099 wrote: MArio Sunshine isn't nothing great I can tell you that now.
On the contrary, I think Mario Sunshine an excellent game, however I'm still playing through it... (only 25 shines :wink:) Anyway, it really boils down to which genres you prefer... or you could always buy both :D
"The constitution gives me the right to bare arms, arm bears and everthing in-between!"
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

Veggita2099 wrote:
MArio Sunshine isn't nothing great I can tell you that now. I have both and would not want to give neither up. But if it absolutely boiled down to it, I woul dget rid of GC before the ps2 I think. Also you can Get Code Veronica for DReamcast. I don't know if its much different then the psx2 version or not?
What he means to say is that Mario Sunshine isn't anything great; I can tell you that now. I have both and would not want to give either up.
:D
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
dude322mg
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by dude322mg »

actually treyday he said it isnt nothing great. Isnt anything great would be a bad thing.
(made by NeonGenesis)

Currently playin...

Mario Sunshine- 58 shines!

*Mr. Siggler is God**
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

The game is a bad thing. The game isn't anything great.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Full-Bodied wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote: MArio Sunshine isn't nothing great I can tell you that now.
On the contrary, I think Mario Sunshine an excellent game, however I'm still playing through it... (only 25 shines :wink:) Anyway, it really boils down to which genres you prefer... or you could always buy both :D
I like the genre is in. I loved Mario 64 for instance. I actually took the time to get everything you could get in that game. This game is just WAY to jumpy! I mean that is all you do is fight with the view controls while jumping from tiny block to tiny block. I mean your on a sunny beach and you walk into a cave and you lost your flud and have to go through these stupid assed jumpy area's which look like absolutely nothing. I have even found bugs in this game!! There has been several times in that amusement park zone that I have fell through the boats and cage. I don't mean fall off of them, but THROUGH them! People who thought Sonic Adventure had bad camera angles should just love them in this game *sarcasim*. I only got 23 shines at the moment.

I got the theme park where you have to jump around to find those damn red coins. The village is where you have to go into a cave and do that block to block jumping which is BS! The geletan beach is trying to find red coins around that sand bird. The Harbor level is, once again, that stupid assed jumping block to block to get a shine level. And the area that is a big ole cliff with a waterfall I am stuck on the EEl. The controls underwater are horrid, and as soon as you get close enough to do what you need to do to the eel the camera automatically zooms in where all you see is black. Then you have to try and switch back and forth with that flud trying to clean! And of course you got air to worry about. Ugg sorry I hate this game and regret buying it. I loved it when I played it in the story, but the only levels I played in the store WAS like Mario 64. Sure there was some jumpy area's in Mario 64.. Like towards the end of the game, not the start of it! I hate to see what the final stages look like if the first few stages are like this. The only challege to this game is the jump factor, which makes for a piss poor game if you ask me. Then again when 80 percent of the game is jumping from here to there with bad camera angles what else can there be?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

another factor is, online play. if you like to play online go for a ps2.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

That advert that they had in the cinema's put me off a PS2, you know the one where that guy runs over a deer but the deer doesnt get hurt but the truck is a write off.

Sony are going too far, first they are taking over our appliances for PS3 and now Genetic engineering!

Does that mean the PS4 is gonna be powered by our family pets?

On a serious note I'd prolly avoid PS2 because its starting to get a little bit old now where as GC and XBOX are relatively new by comparison which means you wont need to upgrade consoles for a while.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

i love mario sunshine, i got my gamecube yesterday with mario sunshine and SSB:M and i love them both
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

GC

Post by reaper2k2 »

I think some one like's the game cube lol pso better on the gc then the dc

hello its a sega game it feels wierd playing it on the, nintendo so the facts no one has worked on a DC game for over 2 years and THe gamecube looks only slightly better then 2 year old DC games.... if they were still working on dc games there would look better or the same......

The fact of comparing "OLD" dc games with NEW gamecube games is

100% irrellevant every one knows what the first PSX games looked like and how much better they got ..... the dc did not even get started it was only in its 2 to 3 year dev ...... so THE gamecubes games now are about as bad looking as they will get THEY should be 30 times better by the end............. which the DREAMCAST never had that.. All we have is FIRST gen looking games on it ...... IT could do a lot better then what was put out RUSHED out

so yes in the end the Gamecube should have much better looking games
but right now the games on it the DREAMCAST could do with out a problem

end !
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Hollywood Hasney wrote: Plus, PSO on GC? Erm, NiGHTS on GBA comes with this making it 100% better :twisted:
*Drools*
NiGHTS is such a good game. I'd love to play it again, but my saturns dead :(:(:( I'll be needing a GBA then :P

Anyway, heres some reasons to get either of the consoles (I got both :D)

PS2:
Lots of good games out/on their way soon, including games such as;
Metal Gear Solid 2
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI (*drools again*)
Grand Theft Auto 3
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (:P)
Tony Hawks 3 + 4
Armoured Core 3
Tekken 4
Gran Turismo 3
Gran Turismo Concept: Tokyo Geneva 2002 (Is this even out in America yet??)
Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance
Kingdom Hearts (Yes its Disney + Square, but its bloody fantastic!)
Silent Hill 2
Theres more I cant be assed to type, but you get the picture.
With the PS2 theres a lot of games being released all the time, but not all of them are even that good.
Plus theres the PS2 Network Adapter, which lets you have online play. I'm guessing that lots of games are going to start making use out of this.

Gamecube:
Games out/on their way such as:
Luigis Mansion
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Monkey Ball 1 + 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Phantasy Star Online Ep1&2
Sonic Adventure 2 battle
Zelda
Starfox Adventures
The thing is with GC, is that the releases are usually good, but theres usually a while between all the really good games.
The GC goes online before the end of the year with PSO ep1&2, it'll kick serious butt, however there doesnt seem to be too many games that will be using Online play yet, but mabye once the Adapter is released, Nintendo will release info about the online games they will be doing.
jimbull
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by jimbull »

It depends if you like monkeys in balls or not man.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

well personally if i didnt have both already, id buy a GC simply for it's fall linup, and zelda too of course...
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

if you have a dvd player get the gamecube and a game for 200 bucks if not get the ps2 and you get a dvd player aswell if you have a lot of friends go with the game cube it has 4 controller ports what ever you do dont get a xbox what a waste of money i bought mine back when it was 300 bucks i only play halo on it ever other game cost 30 bucks more then its 19.96 greatest hits ps2 counter part i cant understand why microsoft wont lower its prices to match sony