DC LED Modding

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
sjorrel
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC LED Modding

Post by sjorrel »

Anybody done it? i want to put a blue LED on - what type?

anybody know a good site with a guide?

thanks
radish28
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by radish28 »

use a LED that is 3.3V-5.0V, make sure when inserting your LED note which side the flag is on. i changed my LED, and hat happened is it screwed up some how so i dont have a light at al on my DC though it works.
Its been a while...
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Success Story

Post by MidnightObsidian »

I modded my DC with a blue 5v (Or was it 3.3v?) LED. It looks <i>awesome</i>. I could send you pics, if you want. The LED cost me about $5 at Radioshack... I actually had to look around for it.

Be careful when you're soldering the thing, or you'll get screwed like the guy above me. That happened to me, but I found a relatively easy fix. The tracing (little wire right on the PCB) going to one of the leads of the LED is on the far end of the DC. If you need a pic of that, I'd be happy to post it for you, too. >= ) Not a problem.

If anyone has any problems or questions, IM or E-Mail me at cchamber37@aol.com or IM me at ErzsebetBath0ry or MidnightObsidian. I'm on the former more than the latter. It's a really, really easy operation, but it's also very easy to screw it up. >= ) I'll do my best to help, either way.

--Eddie