Dream vcd?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Cecil
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dream vcd?

Post by Cecil »

Anyone ever know who made that dreamvcdplayer or if its still available?
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Peek around the Dreamcast section of http://www.lik-sang.com

I was going to order one a few weeks ago, but got a serial cable intead. They had plenty in stock, and Lik Sang ships fast, and takes care of their customers.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

If those are the ones with the remote, I got one at soft ect. actually.

They work awsome (wish the free ones were that good), only thing is that you need to make shure to prepare your files for burning with TempgEnc, and iFilmEdit before you go and make a VCD with Nero, if you let Nero do the conversion, it may not work right (least it didn't with older version of Nero), and Ulead's DVD Movie Factory definatly will not burn a compatable VCD!!! Keep that and mind, and you got yourself a good deal!
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I dunno which I like better... the Dream MP3/VCD Player + Remote kit, or the Dream VCD Player + Remote Kit.

The plain VCD one, looks to be pure white, while the MP3/VCD one seems to be an ugly, off white? Can anyone confirm this?

Also, about the VCD's, will any VCD work... like ones off eBay? :P
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

Never used the VCD only one, but I have the MP3/VCD one, which is silver, and nasty looking (See below). As far as I can tell, they're the same thing, though.

It works extremely well, playing all VCDs I have ever tried flawlessly, even some borderlining on XVCD standards. Definately the best DC VCD player in existance. Just be careful, it doesn't play SVCDs, which are MPEG-2.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Thanks NeonGenesis, you rock man... I just might order that from Lik-Sang! :D