The Future Of The Dreamcast Scene...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Future Of The Dreamcast Scene...

Post by katraqueyous »

Hmm...for a sec, I was daydreaming a bit, and I was thinking of the future of the DC scene. Whoa. Its looks bright.

Predict how the Dreamcast scene would evolve in a year...two years? Three? What do you guys think?
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
Heliophobe
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe »

Even if nothing ever gets released for the Dreamcast beyond what's already out there, there will still be plenty to do with it.
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Once the DC emulated Bubble Bobble and Sonic Spinball, it easily fulfilled all potential. Anything beyond is pure wastefulness.
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

hmmm i doubt d/c could die, in 2 year's i probably predict 95% speed of real small neo geo rom's and maybe 50-80% emulation of mario 64...and then there's playstation so hmmm....
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Id imagine the future will mostly be tweaked releases of currently available emulators, the occasional great new emulator from nowhere (a la DCGnuboy) and homebrew apps / games.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Personally, i'd love to see the DC Demo/Intro scene expand. :)

Anyone know where I can download, the demo "Delicious" for the Dreamcast from? I visited a website the other day but I forget the URL.

Since I use Linux, I need to burn the "plain files". Thanks! :)