is nester dc dead?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Chaniyth »

To be honest, no it's not 100% perfect, no emulation is 100% however it IS the best NES emulator on any platform, even NES emulation on PC isn't as good as NesterDC. :D
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

really??

i have quite the sucesion with Nesticle :?
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

kubyx wrote:To be honest, no it's not 100% perfect, no emulation is 100% however it IS the best NES emulator on any platform, even NES emulation on PC isn't as good as NesterDC. :D
mac emulation (in general) is better than (IMO) NesterDC.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

kubyx wrote:To be honest, no it's not 100% perfect, no emulation is 100% however it IS the best NES emulator on any platform, even NES emulation on PC isn't as good as NesterDC. :D
What about Nester? It works nearly the same as NesterDC, because NesterDC is based on it.
VampireHawke wrote:really??

i have quite the sucesion with Nesticle
You use Nesticle? :roll:

Some free advice for you.
1. Move Nesticle to a floppy disk. Make sure you get all of it.
2. Remove disk from drive.
3. Bend the disk so that it snaps in two, revealing the disc inside.
4. Go outside with the disc.
5. Cover the disc in petrol
6. Set fire to it. :twisted:
7. Go back inside, download Nester or any other of the newer NES emulators, and play that instead. They're all far better and more compatable than Nesticle. Or just play NesterDC.
snake78again
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by snake78again »

BlackAura wrote:What about Nester? It works nearly the same as NesterDC, because NesterDC is based on it.
Um... well, it was originally based off of it, but he has since surpassed it in many ways.

There are some fine NES emus on PC though, FCE Ultra can do loads (and even has light gun support... my Act Labs light gun is in transit... can't wait), and VirtuaNES is great too.
Opponents are Everywhere
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Oh, alright. But it still has many of the bugs that Nester had, and doesn't really have that many more features than that Unofficial Nester that it's also based on.

That was the other good PC NES emulator I couldn't remember the name of! FCE Ultra is very good too.
Mr.Bojangles
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Mr.Bojangles »

Lol Nesticle, that was my first ever emu i had like back in 1999 and it was the coolest damn thing, ah man beating super mario bros 3 :D But DAMN the sound sucked :evil:
I was always afraid of clowns, i dont know why, maybe it's that time i went to the circus and a clown killed my dad-Deep thought by jack handey