DCFactory DSNES SelfBoot Tutorial Questions/Comments Thread

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 404NotFound »

L?mion wrote:Well, sadly, putting a copy into the main directory didn't work. Unfortunately I don't have any webspace right now to show you a screen of the DOS box.

I tried reinstalling DC Factory, but that didn't work either.

I have installed DC Factory into C:/Programme/DreamCastFactory because that is my average program folder (german machine again).
hmmm i see... the only reason i see is because it's not in the default folder, did you try that?
L?mion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by L?mion »

Yes, I've installed the DC Factory into C:/Program Files/DreamCastFactory/ but it still don't work...

Hm...what could cause this problem...?
L?mion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by L?mion »

Sorry for this message!

I found that I was wrong. The problem still exists. The necessary script for DreamSNES IS installed on my system.

So I edited this post though I couldn't delete it.
L?mion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by L?mion »

I've used DSSBS Final to create an .nrg file and it all worked out just well. DreamSNES is now running on my DC and I couldn't be happier. Should my SNES ever fail, now I've got an alternative. :) However, I hope that the speed and audio performance will increase in future versions.

Thanks to Dr.Zoidberg for his DSSBS Final tutorial and 404 for his (her?) support!
keeperoffrisco
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

the link isn't working???

Post by keeperoffrisco »

hello there i'm pretty new to this whole emulation scene, i had a dos self booting emulator for my dc but it doesn't want to work, anyways dealing with the dcfactor faq, the link you provided on the faq no longer works? and i typed in the link pictured on the first page and it doesn't work either? is dcfactory no longer available or have they moved? please respond asap, thanks a bunch
ruben )
zymurgy46
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

I have a problem!

Post by zymurgy46 »

When I go to Step13(Go to the "util" menu and download all the scripts seen, because it's good to have them, or just the one highlighted for DSNES), the only script available is "SelfBoot-PcsxDCv1.3a". I made sure the URL was correct and I refreshed it, but nothing else came up. Please help, for I would love to play Chrono Trigger on my Dreamcast!!!
If peeing your pants makes you cool, then color me cool!
redknight4
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by redknight4 »

a new version of dcfactory has released an I wanted to know if you need a pdf ver of your turtorial also some programs require that it is installed in the dir it wants Example westwood stuidos games require it to be installed in *:\westwood\game name

where * is the drive letter you are installing to
Last edited by redknight4 on Wed Aug 28, 2002 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Re: I have a problem!

Post by 404NotFound »

zymurgy46 wrote:When I go to Step13(Go to the "util" menu and download all the scripts seen, because it's good to have them, or just the one highlighted for DSNES), the only script available is "SelfBoot-PcsxDCv1.3a". I made sure the URL was correct and I refreshed it, but nothing else came up. Please help, for I would love to play Chrono Trigger on my Dreamcast!!!
sry, i thought i made notation. The script MAY NOT be there if u have the latest version of DCFactory, but i was covering my ass incase another version of DSNES came out and the script was updated :)
Juggalosaiyan
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Juggalosaiyan »

I downloaded the DreamSNES 0.97 discjuggaler file from the dcemulation page. It's the right file but when I'm using the Dcfactory, It starts unpacking the file and then says: Not correct file. What is up with that?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Juggalosaiyan wrote:I downloaded the DreamSNES 0.97 discjuggaler file from the dcemulation page. It's the right file but when I'm using the Dcfactory, It starts unpacking the file and then says: Not correct file. What is up with that?
you need the files that are linked in the script, the image wno't work.
herbE
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

dreamsnes and different video modes

Post by herbE »

dude 404, you helped me sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and i want to thank you for such a fine tutorial....i just got it to work yesterday on the first try and its great but for some reason, i cant put roms and the dreamsnes on the same cd...oh well it doesn't matter cuz i have another one full of games but i do have one question:

i dont kno how well you kno the people who made dreamsnes or anything about its programming but i was thinking about the speed issue....in some games, like earthworm jim, its incredably (spell?) slow and i was wondering if just a simple video mode selection option could fix that instead of trying to make it faster....for example, on ZSNES (i have an old version but this method works great and i think the newer ones do it too) you can choose between different video modes like mode X and mode Q which all perform differently depending on your video card, your pc, etc......but anyway, dreamsnes acts as if its on the most high quality mode possible, which makes the games look better but play worse (it mainly adds transperencies and other things that the real snes has already) but when i put it into mode x or q (which omits the things above), the games run perfect with only a few minor visual problems like whenever there is fog or clouds that you are supposed to see through, they appear solid instead of transparrent. So my point is, I think dreamsnes would run way better if they gave you more advanced visual options in the configuration menu....for instance, having the games run way faster while sacrificing minor details (i kno there are options that say it'll improve performance, but on mine it hardly improves it).

Let me kno how much you kno about this.

thx...
herbE

"you the one for, you the one for me?"
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

there are currently no options like that, but it doesn't run quite at high quality... the sound is like 11250Hz or so.
3CLipZ
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 3CLipZ »

hey, i did everything you mentioned in the tutorial, but when creating the image i get this error:

console sais:

DreamCast Factory Loading...
DC Factory Console Awaiting Commands.
* Scramble loaded
* cdirip loaded
* cdi2nero loaded
* news_dcemu loaded
* news_cvision loaded
* Cygwin libraries loaded
* mamed_selfboot loaded
* mkisofs loaded
* bin2boot loaded
* news_boob loaded
* news_atani loaded
* smeg_selfboot loaded
* grom loaded
* dcmp3_selfboot loaded
* gypplay_selfboot loaded
* DCStella_selfboot loaded
* neopoccottdc_selfboot loaded
* frnes_selfboot loaded
* dcolem_selfboot loaded
* elf2bin loaded
* nester_selfboot loaded
* atari800_selfboot loaded
* gnuboy_selfboot loaded
* drmsnes_selfboot loaded
* dcgen_selfboot loaded
- Initialization complete
Microsoft VBScript runtime error:

Name redefined: 'sb_pcsxdc_version'

at line:4, char:0

Operation Started
Warning: Folder Already Exists
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\ 0->0 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\CHANGES 2261->4891 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\README 1881->4048 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\LICENCE 797->1773 (56%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\IP.BIN 8593->32768 (74%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\ 0->0 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\0GDTEX.PVR 23885->131088 (82%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\CHANGES 2261->4891 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\README 1881->4048 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\ 0->0 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\apply.zvr 889->889 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\bl_back.zvr 57297->57466 (1%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\bl_ring.zvr 6181->6181 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\cancel.zvr 648->648 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\cloudsw.zvr 397854->400603 (1%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\controll.zvr 152847->152822 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\ctrlicon.zvr 2042->2042 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\help.zvr 966->966 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\ihi_warn.zvr 55350->56686 (3%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\ihi.zvr 15036->15826 (5%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\ltarrow.zvr 818->818 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\menubutt.zvr 5682->5682 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\n_cancel.zvr 898->898 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\nonno.zvr 167774->167888 (1%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\pike.zvr 13820->14698 (6%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\rtarrow.zvr 876->876 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\vmu.zvr 384->384 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\default.fnt 6658->53432 (88%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\gfx\valissa.zvr 186562->186737 (1%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\ 0->0 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\french.txt 2275->4899 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\german.txt 2247->4909 (55%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\japanese.txt 3116->7410 (58%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\spanish.txt 2296->4962 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\swedish.txt 2179->4680 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\italiano.txt 2702->6104 (56%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\polish.txt 2260->4868 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\portuguese.txt 2610->5611 (54%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\locale\finnish.txt 2248->4736 (53%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\roms\ 0->0 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\sound\ 0->0 (0%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\sound\polyhedr.mp3 5456243->5511072 (1%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\LICENCE 797->1773 (56%)
file: C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\1DSNES.SH4 430193->725632 (41%)
totals: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\snesdcemu\dreamsnes-0.9.7.zip 7023307->7595705 (8%)
API: CopyFile C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\cd\1DSNES.SH4 -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\1DSNES.SH4
API: CopyFile C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\dreamsnes-0.9.7\IP.BIN -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\IP.BIN
< whole ROM listing (over 250, so cut) >
API: CopyFile C:\Dreamsnes\roms\ROMS.LST -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\roms\ROMS.LST
API: CopyFile C:\Dreamsnes\sound\polyhedr.mp3 -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\sound\polyhedr.mp3
API: DeleteFile C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\sound\polyhedr.mp3
API: DeleteFile C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\sound\polyhedr.mp3
API: FAILED! DeleteFile C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\sound\strings.mp3
API: FAILED! DeleteFile C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\sound\jw-click.mp3
Creating ISO...
Creating self-boot CDI...
API: MoveFile image.cdi -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\1-drmsnes.cdi

File not found

at line:78, char:3

File not found

File not found

File not found

404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

hmm it appears that the cdi didn't create right so it couldn't move it... do you have enough hard drive space?
3CLipZ
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 3CLipZ »

404NotFound wrote:hmm it appears that the cdi didn't create right so it couldn't move it... do you have enough hard drive space?
unless it needs over 20Gig, i have :roll:
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

3CLipZ wrote:
404NotFound wrote:hmm it appears that the cdi didn't create right so it couldn't move it... do you have enough hard drive space?
ok let me take a look at the code.
3CLipZ
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 3CLipZ »

404NotFound wrote:
3CLipZ wrote:
ok let me take a look at the code.
cool, thanks man :wink:
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

ok it looks like that file you want it to save to is wrong or something.. just try entering c:\dsnes.cdi and see if that works... otherwise i'm stumped.
3CLipZ
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 3CLipZ »

404NotFound wrote:ok it looks like that file you want it to save to is wrong or something.. just try entering c:\dsnes.cdi and see if that works... otherwise i'm stumped.
result:
API: CopyFile C:\Dreamsnes\roms\ROMS.LST -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\drmsnes.tmp\roms\ROMS.LST
Creating ISO...
Creating self-boot CDI...
API: MoveFile image.cdi -> C:\Program Files\DreamCastFactory\1-drmsnes.cdi

File not found

File not found

File not found

File not found

:'( and the worst thing is... i cant use ANY program to make a dreamsnes cd + roms bootable :'(
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

did you download both of the files at http://www.dcfactory.cjb.net as well as the dcfactory program file?