Why so complicated?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Cabbit
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Why so complicated?

Post by Cabbit »

OK i just found out about DreamSNES. And decided i had to see how it ran.
But i couldnt get the stupid thing to work correctly. The first download i
had the pike installer but i couldnt get that to install correctly (im on win 98 even with the win 98 patch i couldnt get it to install or work correctly).

I finaly got it working after reading instructions on one of these message boards (i really wish i knew wich one id like to thank the guy for posting that.)

My question is, theres to methods of burning this on the main site. both
are overly and needlessly overly complex. why is this? Although perhaps it would be easier if i could have gotten pike to install correctly.
But still i cant help but wonder whyt he method that i got off the forum wasnt posted on the official site (or did i just missed it)

The way i finaly got it working used the dssbs boot disk creator (whatever its called) this method seemed extreemly easy. And worked without a hitch. Id really appreciate it if in future someone could add this method to the site to make it easier for people like me to get it all working. (no im no programer. just love the old snes and cant spend a lot of time at the computer to play snes roms on it. So dreamSNES is a great alternitive to letting me play snes games.

Thanks for listening. and whoever posted that message that helped me so so much thank you ^-^.

And i really dont want to sound like im complaining. its a great emulator. specialy for being in its beta stages. I cant wait to see the next version and until then ill be happily playing the one thats currently out.
Meow =^-^=