What are some DC games worth getting and how do they compare

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What are some DC games worth getting and how do they compare

Post by clessoulis »

What are some DC games worth getting and how do they compare to there counter parts on other systems?

DOnt say Grandia 2, skies, DOA2 LE, JGR, SA1 & 2, Crazy Taxi 1, PSO v1 & 2, Gundam FEd VS ZEOn, GGX, Virtual ON, KOF99 Dream match or Evolution or 2000, AFO, Capcom VS SNK 1 or 2 anything thats a Capcom Fighting game, Tokyo Extreme Racer 1 or 1,or virtual Tennis and I just got REZ about 5 minutes ago.
Last edited by clessoulis on Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Soul Calibur is the best fighting game ever. I'd recommend that. Oh, and if you can find a copy of Rez, that's pretty good too. If you have a light gun, get Confidential Mission. Jet Grind Radio kicks ass too.

Dreamcast had a lot of great games. And if you want to break your thumb playing a video game, I'd recommend Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Which reminds me, I really have to go out and get an arcade stick...

Ender
CanadaKicksAss
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CanadaKicksAss »

If you like racing games, id recomend Test Drive Le mans. It has really good graphics and is a good game all around. Tony Hawk 2 is another excellent DC game. Its far better then any other system
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I would recommend Silent Scope, and Zero Wing 2. Both games rock.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
EvilSporkMan
God Of All Things Sporkish
God Of All Things Sporkish

Post by EvilSporkMan »

StarLancer. Best comparison is Wing Commander series, it's better than Prophecy, which is fairly old today, and I've never played any of the other games.
You can go anywhere you want if you look serious and carry a clipboard.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

-Azathoth- wrote:I would recommend Silent Scope, and Zero Wing 2. Both games rock.
do you mean zero gunner 2? unless im missing something

depends on what you want. if youre looking for imports i can recommend a ton. but for domestic games, get street fighter rd strike and street fighter alpha 3, theyre some of the most technical fighters period.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Last Blade 2: Final Edition
I've only played it twice but really like it. Considering I am someone who usually prefers 3D fighters, that's saying a lot.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

kaioshade wrote:
-Azathoth- wrote:I would recommend Silent Scope, and Zero Wing 2. Both games rock.
do you mean zero gunner 2? unless im missing something

depends on what you want. if youre looking for imports i can recommend a ton. but for domestic games, get street fighter rd strike and street fighter alpha 3, theyre some of the most technical fighters period.
yikes!

correction, Zero Gunner 2

:oops:
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

sixteen-bit wrote:Last Blade 2: Final Edition
I've only played it twice but really like it. Considering I am someone who usually prefers 3D fighters, that's saying a lot.
eep....how could i have forgotten the goodness of last blade 2? even though they butchered the us version (find the import if you can) its still a great game, even though its greatly inbalanced.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

kaioshade wrote:
eep....how could i have forgotten the goodness of last blade 2? even though they butchered the us version (find the import if you can) its still a great game, even though its greatly inbalanced.
Out of curiosity, what was done to the USA version? (I played the Japanese import)
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

sixteen-bit wrote:
kaioshade wrote:
Out of curiosity, what was done to the USA version? (I played the Japanese import)
basically they removed every drop of blood in the game, took out the hanafuda card game, and simplified the code to get kouryu. i mean hes supposed to be hard to obtain hes the last boss. they killed the game.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: What are some DC games worth getting and how do they compare

Post by toastman »

clessoulis wrote:What are some DC games worth getting and how do they compare to there counter parts on other systems?

DOnt say Grandia 2, skies, DOA2 LE, JGR, SA1 & 2, Crazy Taxi 1, PSO v1 & 2, Gundam FEd VS ZEOn, GGX, Virtual ON, KOF99 Dream match or Evolution or 2000, AFO, Capcom VS SNK 1 or 2 anything thats a Capcom Fighting game, Tokyo Extreme Racer 1 or 1,or virtual Tennis and I just got REZ about 5 minutes ago.
Shenmue
Bust a Move 4 (you should have a copy of bust a move for every system, its that good)
No signature.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

While I'm here, can some confirm that Last Blade (not 2) was in fact released for DC? I remember hearing that it was, and I think I even seen a copy at the local game shop, way back when...
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

-Azathoth- wrote:While I'm here, can some confirm that Last Blade (not 2) was in fact released for DC? I remember hearing that it was, and I think I even seen a copy at the local game shop, way back when...
the only home release of last blade was for jpn playstation. it wasnt a very good conversion either.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

kaioshade wrote:
sixteen-bit wrote:Out of curiosity, what was done to the USA version? (I played the Japanese import)
basically they removed every drop of blood in the game, took out the hanafuda card game, and simplified the code to get kouryu. i mean hes supposed to be hard to obtain hes the last boss. they killed the game.
Blood removal I have never understood.. it's not like we are all going to be traumatised by some pixellated blood or anything :roll:
Removing "obscure" minigames (the card game, the boardgame in rival schools being the only two I can actually think of) is rather unfair but I guess the developers/translators are too lazy to bother with stuff that would likely not be appreciated by a very wide audience... though saying that, games such as LB2 aren't exactly mainstream in the first place.
I also disagree with game simplification, but we won't bother getting into that :wink:
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

sixteen-bit wrote:
kaioshade wrote:
sixteen-bit wrote:Out of curiosity, what was done to the USA version? (I played the Japanese import)
Blood removal I have never understood.. it's not like we are all going to be traumatised by some pixellated blood or anything :roll:
Removing "obscure" minigames (the card game, the boardgame in rival schools being the only two I can actually think of) is rather unfair but I guess the developers/translators are too lazy to bother with stuff that would likely not be appreciated by a very wide audience... though saying that, games such as LB2 aren't exactly mainstream in the first place.
I also disagree with game simplification, but we won't bother getting into that :wink:
maybe removal of blood might work for some games, but for some moves, its inexcusable. setsunas "glass hell prison" without the blood loses SOOOO much of its impact. same thing for kojirohs moves. they just look bland.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

My favorites are -

Soul Calibur
Alien Front Online
House of the Dead 2 (Much better than Confidential Mission, in my opinion)
Bust A Move (For some reason I couldn't stop playing till I beat it. I have no desire to play it now though, so it's replay value sucks for me)
Skullreaper2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Skullreaper2000 »

Armada is a fun game.
iam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by iam »

Skullreaper2000 wrote:Armada is a fun game.
i think its boring as hell in 1 player, but multiplayer is insanely fun...why? not sure, but one night i played it for 8 hours straight with four players, we were all like level 15-20 and then at 6am i went to get breakfast and tripped on the cord and unplugged the dreamcast, and our last save was at level 4...havent played it sine, although i would like to sometime when i have a few people over and we have nothing to do for the night...its a great game. id definitely recommend bust-a-move for multiplayer, sonic adventure 1 and 2 as well, 2 in particular, but i loved them both.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

get this game

Post by reaper2k2 »

I really like a game called ILLBLEED its very hard but cool

its a b grade horror game like silent hill cross with resident evil but i think its better then both of them once you know how to play it and that it's really hard to make it throu the missons you go throu a horror park and get money if you make it throu alive and each misson is like a little short movie like twilightzone when i mean little there really big each one and hard but have nice storys ..... and theres a lot of blood in it

its worth finding but get the usa version jap one is not to playable unless you read that lang

nice game thou
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?