nxDOOM Compatability list

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

nxDOOM Compatability list

Post by XDelusion »

I have tested nxDOOM with the following games, and (so far) have not ran across any errors, unless otherwise mentioned. Granted I have only tested these under the Winblows version, but as Aura said, the results should be the same as in the DC version. Also please note that my Main WAD files are fully updated, if you are having troubles wiht these MODs that I am not, then that could be a reason why.

-------------------------
AliensTC (DOOM2)
Works, had to comment out next to last line in Deh file though:

# Frame 940

Also I had to update the Deh file to get it to work, incase any of you are having troubles getting it to load. Oh, and the exo-skeloton is not showing all frames, could have something to do with Frame 940, or else it is just because Deh is not fully funtional in nxDOOM. Then again in normal DOOM2 mode, rockets don't seem to make any sounds when exploding, hmmm.
---------------------------
Quake DOOM (YES!!!) :)

Rocket Launcher is missing sounds.

---------------------------
Zelda DOOM (Anyone good with textures, and sprites? It would be great to finish this off, that is if we get BOOM and Fraggle Script support).

What there is of it works.
--------------------------
Osiris

No pobs, bodies even smoke after fried with the flame thrower. :)

------------------------------

And that is all for now, I have to sleep and digitize movies and what not, on a final note, and I am not shure how much this has to do with the DC versoin, but when I exit a game, I get that error report crap from XP, but that could be XP, let me know if the DC crashes on any of these games, or if you need them, or my updated DEH files, let me know.
Last edited by XDelusion on Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

------------------------
Aliens TC (Doom 1, tested under Windows and DC)
Perfect. Everything seems absolutely fine on both PC and DC. No errors, no warnings, nothing. This version came with a DeHacked 3.0 patch.

------------------------
Batman (Doom 2, tested under Windows and DC)
Also seems to run nearly perfectly. Ammo usage is incorrect, so I had to make small modifications to the DEH file.

------------------------
Strain (Doom 2, tested under Windows and DC)
Also works fine. One warning, but it doesn't seem to make any difference at all. It might cause one sprite to display wrongly (not likely).

------------------------
All Hell is Breaking Loose (Doom 2, tested under Windows and DC)
Works fine. No warnings.

------------------------
Eternal, Hell Revealed, Mordeth, Requiem (Doom 2)
No DeHacked patches, but WADs loaded without having to use DMADDS or DEUSF.

------------------------
The PC's sound support is a fragile hack, and doesn't work well. The DC version's quite a bit better, but still not perfect.

The quit message stuff is sometimes broken. It sometimes works, sometimes crashes. I code under XP and this happens to me too. To quit on the PC, just press ALT+F4, or the 'X' button. They work fine.

The quit option will sometimes lock up on a Dreamcast. Simple solution there - don't quit! It'd just reset the DC anyway, so there's no point. Just turn the thing off. I'll probably remove the quit option from the DC version anyway, unless someone can come up with a way of getting it to quit back to DreamInducer.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Nice, thankx for the post, anyone else?

BTW, where did you get your Aliens TC?
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

I got galaxia (doom) to work ok... on my dc that is
subway (doom) worked
sniper (doom2) seemed okay
polygon (doom2) worked
slayer (doom 2) worked
darkening (doom2 ) worked
and a lot didnt work... i have to look at my modlist list
but i need to fix a problem with my modlist.... I was wondering if i could get or see an example with like 15 or more entries on it, as mine with 120 dosent want to scroll on my dc (tv screen) i know im doing something wrong... i just dunno what :?
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Darkening works!??! Sweet, I need to test part 2.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Darkening works!??! Sweet, I need to test part 2.

BTW, I am screwing around with Immoral Conduct's Quake 3 DM pack, and taking out all the BEX commands and trying my best to make up for it with pure DeHacked, so far all is well, though some effects just don't look right withough the propper source port, but I can always change those, only real problem right now is to keep the Rocket Launcher from crashing the game. After I get this working, I'll jump onto there Sin DM pack next.
BobBorakovitz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by BobBorakovitz »

Twilight Warrior works
and so do the Wolfendooms...except for the later ones
that you're supposed to start on level 20 in the arctic one
(-warp doesn't seem to work for me past level 9)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Really? some of the WolfenDOOMs work?!

Ok people, the server is SLLLLLOOOOOOWWWW, but you guys got to check these out!

http://www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom/
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

BobBorakovitz: I had some problems with -warp under Doom 2. The IDCLEV cheat never used to work either. Right now IDCLEV works (but only if you're using a keyboard, which the DC version doesn't support), but -warp doesn't. It obviously thinks that we're playing Doom 1, so limits us to 9 levels.

archduke: The reason the modlist won't scroll is that I haven't coded that in yet. I'm redoing to modlist screen anyway (because that one is really bad), so that'll be fixed later (like in Beta 2). Of course, it'll become unnecessary if Dream Inducer ever supports loading ELF files.

XDelusion: I have no idea where I got my copy of Aliens TC from. I'll upload the DeHacked file that it came with to my dodgy angelfire site for the time being (Here). BEX support will probably be in the next release, which may be a while - I have some uni work I need to do at the moment.

I am, frankly, astonished that even this much stuff works. Thanks for testing all of this stuff out, guys!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Thankx for the Deh file, I'll goto your dodgy site and get it! :)

Oh ya, you asked me what error your DOOM was spitting out on my AlineTC (4 DOOM2), it was:

DEH Parse-Frame - Frame 940 unkown word 'number'
DEH Search Value - Value Unexpected.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Crap, now I have to learn BEX too! :) Guess that means I can stop working on a Sin and Q3 weapon conversion, that's all bex and deh.

Oh BTW, I tried out a few WAD that perform some tricks that allow 3D floors ( to and extent) in classic DOOM, and what do you know, nxDOOM pulled them off perfectly!

If you want to check them out, goto:

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgame ... spcial.zip

cross.wad was my fave!
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

Zelda DOOM (Anyone good with textures, and sprites? It would be great to finish this off, that is if we get BOOM and Fraggle Script support).

What there is of it works.
Since I was the leader of the zeldoom project before it drifted off, I could possibly build a specific DC version that uses the available features instead of the zdoom ACS. FS would be a great addition and I'd say BOOM support is a must.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya, the Zelda WAD I have was pretty impressive, though there was not much to it, though the textures and sprites were right on the money as far as looking like the SNES version goes. I have heard there is a larger version floating around somewhere, but I have not found it, do you still have any of the old files handy? I'd love to see more!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Man, I dunnow what is up, I downloaded the ALienTC Ultimate DOOM version, and the levels do not change, so I downloaded it for DOOM 6.66, and the same thing happened.

Anyone know where to get a working copy for DOOMU?
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Hmm, never mind, I have never played the DOOM 1 version before, I guess the DOOM 2 version has more levels as this one starts out at E2L1. Anyhow on the Winblows version of nxDOOM, the exo-skeloton is still missing frames, perhaps they just need aligned? I noticed this problem in Quake DOOM when firing rockets, they don't come out of the rocket launcher but rather out of the DOOM Guy's gut. :) Does this stuff happen on the DC version?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

What? Hmm... I have no idea what's wrong there, and I can't fix the bug if I've never seen it. It's probably a bug with the frame tables. Do they work OK on Doom Legacy or the original Doom/DeHacked 3?

I've been fixing some stuff. -warp now works, I've changed the weapon switch code to work better with DeHacked patches (maybe better that the original, in some cases), fixed more bugs with Evilution and Plutonia, changed the WAD/DeHacked loader AGAIN, and the windows port now plays MOD music and, as a side effect, MIDI music (I used FMod to play the stuff, and it can also play MIDI). Adding fifteen lines of code and someone else's MUS2MIDI converter, it also plays the original music. The DC version will not be able to do that one.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya the levels are fine on the DOOMU version, they just added more for DOOM2, so...

...the DOOM `1 version sux :)

As for sprites, ya all the weapons work fine under there, actually I am testing everything i have troubles with under Legacy and don't have to same problems, I have tried to manually alter the posistion of the sprites under wintex for Quake DOOM and ALines (I.E. the Exo-Skeloton), but to no avail, must be the script. But you are testing these on the actual DC right? So if it is just a problem with the Winblows port, then no biggy, just kinda makes testing confusing. I need a new DC soon... maybe I'll find a cheapo at the Amiga show this coming week end.
archduke
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by archduke »

Final fantasy doom works... :lol:
and a few others like ottawaU (im canadian so i HAD to)
still going lots of good stuff out there
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

If you will, to help out, please test all weapons if possible, and try to give the TC's a fair run so that you guys can report (any) incompatability problems. I am personally only testing on the Winblows port myself atm cause my DC is f*ck*d, and seem to be coming up with a lot more errors than anyone else, maybe that is why, dunno, I am download everything form the commen FTP mirrors that everyone gets there stuff from, either that, or directly from the TC's home pages. I guess telling us where you get your stuff would help out too, that way if someone has a working copy, while the rest of us are stuck with bogus copies, I'll know where to grab the good copies, and link or add them to the DC DOOM home page.

Thankx for all the help and submissions!
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Here is one to try:

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgame ... ternal.zip

From the page:

http://www.teamtnt.com/ixet.htm

I have to goto bed, so I'll try it later, should work though, dunno. FULLY worth trying though!

P.S. SelfBoot picture based instructions coming to the homepage soon! Or at least I think they work, it acted like it in the emu before it crashed :) Of course my DC is still dead, I bought a new battery, and still nothing, think I'll trash it at long last.