SHENMUE 2 OUT THIS FRIDAY!!!!! (uk only)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Microsoft bought the US rights to Shenmue 2, so Sega couldn't release it here if they wanted to, unless they renegotiated the contract, and I don't see that they would.

I'm glad there was at least one english language release (subtitled anyway)..

Were the VMU save files for Shenmue universal, or were they specific to countries? I'm wondering if an import version will be able to continue my save game file from US Shenmue 1.

I'm getting it either way... here's hoping it's worth playing through twice.. I intend to purchase the XBox version of the sequel eventually, but I just have to have it from Dreamcast... I see it as the DC's grand finale, and I don't want to miss it.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Holly Hasney »

Heliophobe: Nope, the saves were NOT universal HOWEVER, over at ign.com, they had a tool which converted a Shenmue US save to a Shenmue PAL but you'll have to search through their boards for it. Alternativly, download a PAL save to your VMU, although it won't be the same as yours then :(