For those that care about Final Fantasy for the GC

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by NeonGenesis »

Just judging from those few seconds, the style looks like someone took FFIX and FFVI and smashed them together...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I can't develope a solid answer on my feelings of it. But what I see I don't like. Star Fox looks good though as does MArio Sunshine. Soon as they get some 20 dollar games on Gamecube Im gonna by one.

Looks better then Zelda though that much I can say.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Cel animation Zelda? That game is retarded, I will buy a copy and publicly burn it (not copy it, but poor zippo fluid and rubbing alcohol on it), and then laugh at the leftovers! HA!
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Wheee - FF on GC :D
I cant wait for this game, even though I dont know nothing about it, lol.

Why do people flame games when they've never even played them before?
GRAPHICS do NOT make a game - its the GAMEPLAY THAT MATTERS!
NeonGenesis
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by NeonGenesis »

I won't flame the game from the graphics, but I am speculating on the style of the game based on the style of the graphics. It looks a bit too cartoonish for me, and appears like they're reverting to a design similar to FFIX, which I didn't care for. As to whether I'll get a copy, we'll see.
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

from what I've read.. the gameplay is like Zelda 64 which.. I wasn't happy with.:( I preordered the game and returned it soon after. I want to see another top down zelda other then on a handheld >D
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

how in bollocks did this turn into a zelda thread?
if a thread mentions 'Gamecube' are they all going to turn into Legend of Zelda threads?
keep it on the subject, and if not just keep it away from Zelda, god knows there have been enough of those threads
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Im not saying this FF game is going to suck by no means. Im just saying from what I seen I don't like. The screenshots are blurry, and that commercial only showed less then a second at a time of the game so nobody can truely say if it has good or bad graphics anyways. I think it looks more like the ff9 type game though and I didn't care much for that game.

And if graphics don't make a game why did game systems evolve to product better graphics? Yes graphics DO matter to a lot of people. NO gameplay is more important, but with powerful systems people want to see fancy graphics.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Code-Red wrote:Cel animation Zelda? That game is retarded, I will buy a copy and publicly burn it (not copy it, but poor zippo fluid and rubbing alcohol on it), and then laugh at the leftovers! HA!
Wow, I wish I was rich, like you. :?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Klonoa »

Code-Red wrote:Cel animation Zelda? That game is retarded, I will buy a copy and publicly burn it (not copy it, but poor zippo fluid and rubbing alcohol on it), and then laugh at the leftovers! HA!
no... It can't be Not another zelda thread!!!

personally i will buy this game despite i didn't like ocarina at all the game made me very sleepy which isn't good, of course :wink: I really hope it's not going to be a part 2... wait it's going to be a gold disc... well that's some sort of a collectable... code-red :| let's just wait untill the game is released, K.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

ive never heard of anyone liking FF for the CG
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Veggita2099 wrote:And if graphics don't make a game why did game systems evolve to product better graphics? Yes graphics DO matter to a lot of people. NO gameplay is more important, but with powerful systems people want to see fancy graphics.
Gaming systems have evolved so people like yourself are easily pleased with eye candy and superficial nonsense, this way gaming companies dont need to invest in enhancing a way the game plays or creating new styles/genres...If everyone had your view gaming might as well be put back to 1994, your view is why crap like Fifa and Tomb raider sell millions of copies with simply a tiny update.

Stop being so shallow!

And whats wrong with games looking like a cartoon? are you requenting your youth in an effort to seem grown up?...Its not working.
Safety in Nimbus
Revenge Therapist
Revenge Therapist

Post by Safety in Nimbus »

Looks nice. Hopefully I won't be disapointed with it.

as for the whole "looks too cartoonish" subject that has been oh so popular since zelda went CS, grow up...wait...no....don't grow up. Revert to a 9 year old child. It's a game. game's are supposed to be fun.

The game could be like a girl, or a guy if your a female like kaioshade or if you swing that other way like...oh i won't even name them (|< Anyways, just because the game/girl is not what your looking for in terms of graphics/appearance, you can still enjoy it by either its immersive story/goo conversation skills, music/voice, or just plain out action/wild kinky fun sex (|:
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

NeonGenesis wrote:Just judging from those few seconds, the style looks like someone took FFIX and FFVI and smashed them together...
thats all i needed to hear. time to get a gc.

as for zelda, its ok to watch cartoons like, the simpsons, turtles, dbz, or whatever, but to play a cartoon, ugh thats childish. hmmm who sounds like their being childish ? :wink:
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

The Kron wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:And if graphics don't make a game why did game systems evolve to product better graphics? Yes graphics DO matter to a lot of people. NO gameplay is more important, but with powerful systems people want to see fancy graphics.
Gaming systems have evolved so people like yourself are easily pleased with eye candy and superficial nonsense, this way gaming companies dont need to invest in enhancing a way the game plays or creating new styles/genres...If everyone had your view gaming might as well be put back to 1994, your view is why crap like Fifa and Tomb raider sell millions of copies with simply a tiny update.

Stop being so shallow!

And whats wrong with games looking like a cartoon? are you requenting your youth in an effort to seem grown up?...Its not working.
You are the type that can really piss a person off. Just how am I being shallow here? At least I don't go around talking down to a person over how they feel? And if you are so against graphics then buy yourself a damn NES or SNES and don't bother with system newer then those. If you had read what I said I did said YES gameplay is more important. But what your saying is if there is a game released with NES graphics but great gameplay we should all be happy and spend 50 bucks on it! I mean what the hell is wrong with a person likeing to see the fancy graphics that newer consoles can produce? As long as it has good gameplay to go with it that is great.

If you don't like the way I think then keep your mouth shut. I don't flame people for how they feel do I? Just because you don't agree with what a person says gives you no right to treat them like there stupid or something.

And as I have said many of times I have no problem with SOME games looking like a cartoon. If there was another Conker game released it would be good as a cartoon. And I seen a couple other upcoming games that looked ok as a cartoon. And I hated the Tomb Raider series and never touched the Fifa series as well.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

There is a difference between having a view and making decent valid points to justify that view and then there are people who are happy to criticise a game without playing it and basing their view on such petty immature related nonsense.

As you can read from numerous replies in other posts I am not the only person thinking this way.

And your point(?) about how a you dont think people would be happy with a game released today if it had NES quality graphics, Your probably right but a company would never seriously consider releasing one when people like yourself are so dependent on graphics.

Oh and my post wasn't a "flame" :roll: You dont need me to point out your lack of reason when your posts do a good enough job already.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

The games graphics are a problem. I still play NES, because those games are fun....even tho the graphics suck. Now Zelda, on the other hand, looks like something a 5 year old could draw.....its way to childish for my standards. They should have stayed with the original Zelda they had planned for GC, not this childish crap.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Code-Red your doing yourself no favours...How deep would you like your grave?

Out of interest Code-Red do you like Mortal Kombat?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

KoF Fan wrote:The game could be like a girl, or a guy if your a female like kaioshade or if you swing that other way like...oh i won't even name them (|< Anyways, just because the game/girl is not what your looking for in terms of graphics/appearance, you can still enjoy it by either its immersive story/good conversation skills, music/voice, or just plain out action/wild kinky fun sex (|:
The more I read that, the more it makes sense in some weird and twisted way...
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

The Kron wrote:Code-Red your doing yourself no favours...How deep would you like your grave?

Out of interest Code-Red do you like Mortal Kombat?
6 feet under. just so I dont get uncovered over the years. Mortal Kombat? Which one? I liked 1,2,3 and after that they started to suck.