What's the funniest game ever?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

What's the funniest game ever?

Post by melancholy »

Hey.

I was in the mood to play some of my older systems, and I was wanting to buy some games for them. I wanted to play something that would make me laugh, but I'm not sure what to get. So, I thought you guys could help me out by telling me what you think are the funniest games you've ever played. It doesn't matter for what system, and it can even be a PC game. Post any game that has true classic humor, or even a game that's so bad, it's just fun to make fun of :D . Anyway, tell me your favorites so I can see if I can get ahold of any of them.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Grand Theft Auto 3 on the PS2 is funny, in a very violent way. Games like Sam & Max, Day Of The Tentacle, Discworld 1 + 2 & the Monkey Island series are funny too.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Lucasarts point and click..

Oh, and for funny FMVs, off-world interceptor extreme on PS2...

Apparently, the FMV was really horrid and cheesy for that game (which it is) so the added to guys on a couch mocking it.. it is HILARIOUS! :D

The games horrid though.. but I wanted to complete it for more FMV scenes! LOL :D
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmmm

Post by shawn27199 »

PS2 WWF SMACKDOWN JUST BRING IT cause the story line is so short its sad. a very big rip off.they shouldnt have rushed it..

bust as for comedy discworl 1 &2 for psx
leasure suit larry for pc
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Krazy Ivan on PSX had some pretty damn funny FMV - shame about the game... and Headhunters got some great FMVs in the 'Robocop: media break" style... Conkers Bad Fur Day is funny in a South Park kind of way, and I actually found the multiplayer in that South Park shoot 'em up quite funny... for about half an hour.

Actually it was just picking to play as Ned with his little "I am the pride of the marine corps" through his voicebox...
Jordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jordan »

Either Lunar:SSSC or Oddworld-Munch's Oddysee
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Sam and Max! That game was cool! I love Conker's BFD too, I've finished it like 5 times and still get a kick out of it. Haven't played the new Oddworld, but I have Oddysee and Exodus. As for the others, I haven't tried them yet (with the exception of the Grand Theft Auto series).

I thought Gex: Enter The Gecko was pretty good, and Parappa the Rappa was funny in a cool way. Of course one of my all time favorites that hasn't been metioned yet (probably for good reason) was Earthworm Jim. That game was great...except for EWJ 3D...and that awful cartoon...*shivers* :?
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

DUH

Post by SonicBlaze »

Ooga Booga is hilarious!
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

nah, I have to disgree about the EJ cartoon - Homer Simpson did a fine Eartworm Jim voice, and I hought it was pretty funny...

If only because they had Peter the dog using that mantra from the film "Dune" when he was scared he was going to 'monsterfy'
I must not fear, fear is the mind killer, fear is the little death that brings total oblivion
repeat until he turns into a big purple monster and starts attcking Jim...
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmmm

Post by shawn27199 »

the cartoon did stink but hey i have them all on tape lol.... even with original commercials :) from original airing lol. ill bring them back out now and watch them cause i have to remind myself just how poor the plots were.and that stupid dog who got angry when u stepped on his tail or made him mad lol.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Things from that cartoon I really laughed at:

EJs spiritual quest for the hairy trout "Need help: Enquire within"
EJs use of his four brains to solve a problem "Brain 1: "Im hungry", Brain 2 "Im cold", Brain 3 "Im thrsty" Brain 4 "Girls?"
That pop up book which has a misprint with the secret of the destruction on the universe in
"better than pro-wrestling!"

All in all; better than most games cartoon spin offs are; read Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong Counrty, and too many others that I have repressed.

The Tick is still (in comic guy voice) *best cartoon series ever*
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Yeah, EWJ cartoon had it's moments, I'll admit that. But in my mind, it just didn't live up to the standards that the game set. The game was simply a classic. I mean, c'mon, what other game could pull of a boss name like The Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug for a Butt? Not many, let me tell you!

Although you are right about one thing, The Tick was a truly awesome cartoon. Remember the episode with the world's most comfortable chair? Yeah, if I had that chair, I'd be set for life...
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

i'm sorry 2 say all yall are wrong. nothing is as funny as BoogerMan!!!

BOOGER!!!!!!!!
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

yup. EJ was one of the best 'independent' platformers I ever played (meaning not by one of the console 'big boys' like Konami, SEGA or Nintendo.

I'll tell you what as well, "SPOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!" is the best Hero catchphrase I ever heard... and you gotta love a villain called "The evil midnight bomber what bombs at midnight"...

If you like the EJ design you might want to check out that Neverhood game that came out on PC - it was a claymation puzzley point and click type thing by the guy who originally designed EJ; can't remember his name offhand... Douglas Tintanagel or something?... and I *believe* its now abandonware, but don't quote me on that. It never did too well, as most PC gamers prefer their strategy games and FPSs, rather than (effectively) weird ass interactive cartoons.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Oh yeah, I forgot about The Neverhood too! Wow, you all are bringing up all kinds of old games I forgot about! I have that game laying around somewhere...what did I do with it? Roommates must have stole it or something. Eh, I'll bug them after Dragonball Z's over.

FYI: As far as I know, The Neverhood is not abandonware. I think Best Buy still sells it, because that's where I bought my copy from a year ago. I read about it a while back in an article and when they said that some people from Shiny were helping with it, I knew right then that I had to own it. It was totally worth every penny (1499 pennies to be exact). :)

Hey Ali, what is Boogerman and what system is it for? I don't think I've ever heard of it...and I'm debating if I really want to...but for some odd reason it sounds familiar. And another game I was wondering about, someone posted a game called Lunar:SS...something (I'm too lazy to hit the back button to check what it was called exactly). Anyway, what was that game like and for what system?

One more thing, I've heard a ton of talk about a game called Headhunter. It seems that everyone here knows what this game is but me. Anyone want to fill me in? With the amount talk this game is generating, I feel as if I'm missing out on something big.
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

well

Post by shawn27199 »

its for super nintendo or sega gen it was on both platforms.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

[quote=Nyarlathotep]
Conkers Bad Fur Day is funny in a South Park kind of way
[/quote]

I forgot about Conker's Bad Fur Day, that game is damn funny!

I also agree with melancholy about Parappa The Rappa, that was funny too in a crazy way...kick,punch, it's all in the mind...
shawn27199
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmmmm

Post by shawn27199 »

oh no not that rap game... OH CHRIST. i cant play that anymore. im tierd of going to work singing those songs. its to addictive and if u cant get past a stage for awhile like the toilet one. youll be singng it all day the next day.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

See, I told you, Parappa is the coolest! Um Jammer Lammy was awesome too. I was probably one of the only few people that actually reserved Um Jammer when I heard it was coming. The songs in it were crazy, especially the song Fright Flight. And you know I'll be first in line for Parappa 2 when it comes next year!

Hey Shawn, you told me what platform a game was for, but you didn't tell me which of the three games you were talking about. Could you let me know, cause I'm getting curious.

Well, I know what I'm doing tonight. Playing Parappa and Um Jammer! "Did I eat my drink? I thought milk was pink!" :D
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

i got my new issue of egm and they had custers revenge for atari 2600 in there for the top 20 worst games. i tried it and i think its the funniest game ive ever played (for a few brief moments). just imagine a guy in 2600 graphics wise moving across the screen to "tag" a woman. just hilarious.