Sega Dreamcast Cabinet

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
samsoft
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sega Dreamcast Cabinet

Post by samsoft »

Hi folks.

I have designed a presentation box for my dreamcast, so that it can be protected when or when not in use and i have it currently listed on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI. ... 1371098120

I know that this sounds like an advertisement, but really, i am trying to find out whether making some more of these is a good idea or not?

Can you guys give me some ideas, or reasons why you would or would not use/buy one?

Or, any ideas for improvements or any other input?

Im also making them for other consoles (if more demand comes in) - you think thats a mistake?

Cheers for now, Samsoft
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Nice work... I think its very cool, and very cool looking. Surely tops those shitty cloth bags.

Topic Moved to DC Discussion
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Very nice work matey :)

But why would you want to hide your Dreamcast?

If only you could make on for the Xbox :lol:
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

it looks nice, but I doubt there will be much business for dreamcast/other console cabinets.... :?

But none the less, great work.
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
punkrockdude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by punkrockdude »

That's totaly cool man!!!

If I had the dough I would buy one!!

Later
PRD

do you give discounts for members of dcemulation.org :D
All thanx for my avatar and sig goes to NeonGenesis
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

That is a very nice cabinet indeed. I really think a gaming cabinet would be a great idea. Imagine one had a white, black, brown, or gray tv, but then there was a matching colored cabinet to store all videogame systems of varying colors. It would be quite nice to have it well organized and well color coordinated. I am not sure how it would work in terms of trying to sell one, but it would be great for someone who wants to keep everything concealed.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

i like it. i would say your best bet would be to try and get contracted by online game stores, or get them to stock them on demand. im sure sites like lik-sang would go for things like that, they are importers but they seem to also stock any useful prepherial. make a couple for varying consoles, send them the images, they can use them and say you will make customized versions on demand. kind of like how afterburners were originally going to be sold

personally i love that kinda stuff, ive my consoles a few at a time on a table and they constantly get covered in dust, that would do the trick for them
acemilo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by acemilo »

One major problem I see is you are covering the fan exhaust. This will cause it to overheat quickly. I sugest cutting a hole out the side to let the hot air out or else you will be in trouble when you play it.
samsoft
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by samsoft »

Hi.

No - there is a hole at the side, for the exhaust. Maybe it doesnt show on the photos, but it is there.

Samsoft
Tstyln
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Tstyln »

If you look at the picture that has several pics in it, on the bottom left pic, you can see the hole for the air to get out.

Nice work, I'm sure if you designed them with either different types of wood or veneer, or make a silver one to match the growing number of silver TVs ex. Sony, JVC, Panasonic, Philips, and so on. That would be a nice clean touch!!

Peace 8)