Mini CDRWs?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mini CDRWs?

Post by sixteen-bit »

Most people have seen or used the cool mini CDrs that are on the market mainly for use with MP3 disc players, but the mini CDrs are overpriced for what they are really.
Does anyone know if there are 8cm mini CDrws available and how much they would cost? I ask this because 8cm discs are perfect for transporting a hundred megs or so to and from college.

Thanks
Moe the Bartender
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Moe the Bartender »

i rember see ing five mini cdr's at eb like a year ago for $20 iand i cam e with a mini case. but i don't know if they always carry them or what.
Wagh (Original)
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wagh (Original) »

haven't seen any :/

but uhm I've got a question too.. I'm lookin for some cdrs that are business card size.. greate for tech demos and such. But afaik they have enough to hold Quake :D
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

I think the trouble is those mini cd's aren't popular enought to sell in spindle's of 50 or 100. At least I've never seen them like that.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Mini cdrw

Post by arrowhead »

Fry's electronics sell a 5 pack for under 5 bucks. "Great Quality" brand cdr 180 mb mini cdr for $4.90 last week. I think for cdrw's you just add a dollar, like 5-6 bucks for 5 pack.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

anal=probe wrote:I think the trouble is those mini cd's aren't popular enought to sell in spindle's of 50 or 100. At least I've never seen them like that.
Actually, I've seen the exact opposite. I usually can't find mini CD-R's in a spindle less than 20. I usually see them in 50 packs.

As for mini CD-RW's, I think that I have seen them at a CompUSA once, but it's been a while since I've been to CompUSA, so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Re: Mini CDRWs?

Post by CoasterKing »

sixteen-bit wrote:Most people have seen or used the cool mini CDrs that are on the market mainly for use with MP3 disc players, but the mini CDrs are overpriced for what they are really.
Does anyone know if there are 8cm mini CDrws available and how much they would cost? I ask this because 8cm discs are perfect for transporting a hundred megs or so to and from college.

Thanks
For 8cm Cdrs and Cdrws and a UK company try Here.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

the staples by my college has spindles of cd-rs from memorex. for cd-rw's however they only had packs of 5. the spindles were about 20 dollars and the 5 pack of cdrw's were about 15 dollars. look around, youll find some.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

last i looked Amazon had some mini-cdrws. I personally LOVE the idea of a 8cm mp3-cd player, if anybody knows any good ones drop me a line.
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

I'd use mini cd-r's all the time if they were any cheaper. So much of the stuff I put on cd-r's would fit on them easily.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

anal=probe wrote:I'd use mini cd-r's all the time if they were any cheaper. So much of the stuff I put on cd-r's would fit on them easily.
yeah me too, those little things are so cool.... I'd be a pioneer at my school :)

When cd burners were like "woooah.. cd burner" about 3 years ago I had just gotten my new comp with a 4x2x24x burner, i go so many "can you make this into a cd" and "can you make a cd for my band" questions... now everybody has one :P

Next comp i get i'm gonna try to get a DVD burner.
theultimatechuff
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by theultimatechuff »

Wagh wrote:haven't seen any :/

but uhm I've got a question too.. I'm lookin for some cdrs that are business card size.. greate for tech demos and such. But afaik they have enough to hold Quake :D
Hmm, not really a question but hey

I have a few business card CDR's they are made by Traxdata and hold 37MB of data.

I also have a 185MB/21Min 8cm CDRW. ( about ?1.90 i think :( )

The best place to buy these sort of things (in england anyway) is a computer fair.