A really newbie question about mac programming.

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A really newbie question about mac programming.

Post by jaredfogle »

Hey, we all have to start somewhere.

Does the mac (osx) use C++? What exactly is cocoa? How similar are the languages that DC and Mac use?
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DuffMan »

Well, i'm not sure about cocoa, but i know that that CodeWarrior is used to make DC games, and that is for mac. So i'm not sure if you want to spend that much money just to code for DC.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

yes the mac can use and run C++ programs. Either Codewarrior or mac's free Project Builder (240mb download...eeeek) can compile programs in several different types of languages for mac OS X.

I'm not exactly sure what Cocoa is,its combined with Carbon at the base level of the OS.Carbon is what makes OS 9 programs capable of being "X'd". Program writers for mac "Carbonize" their application so they will run in X.

Similar......
there is no 'language',thats what Cocoa is. You can write a program in C or C++ that could run on both a Mac and a DC ,but go ask the people at the developers forum about writing programs in C++ that run on DC.