Roms extremly slow

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Makai
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Roms extremly slow

Post by Makai »

Hi all.

I have used the DreamSnes on my DC (toasted with a Mac). Emulator runs ok, rom disc too, but when I start playing a game it goes slow, Veeery slow. Music and Image goes slow when the graphics start moving. In still image music goes well. :?:

I think it's all well toasted. Good CD-r's, 8x recording.

what can it be? I use a RF cable (old european antena), can it be the problem?

Thanks.

PD: Sorry for my english... i'm from Spain :|
.:..::: makai no akuma
LiL Tommy000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LiL Tommy000 »

DreamSNES does not have full speed, most games run at a playable speed with mono, or no sound but none are 100%
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Try turning sound to Mute, and transparancies off, you should get better speeds then.
Makai
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Makai »

Yes, at first time i think this can be problem of 1 or 2 roms. But all roms I have test (about 15) makes the same "slow-motion". I tried to change all options (mono, stereo, mute, transparences, etc... ) but it still do the same exactly. I don't know what can it be. I will try to re-burn the Emulator and the roms with another CD-R, but i don't know if that is the problem... :?

Thanks
.:..::: makai no akuma
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

dsnes can seem slow and "chooppy" to some people, some call it slow, some say it runs almost fine. the fact that you can get your rom to run, it is probably working the way it is supposed to work. maybe the next release will be better. they are working on it. :)
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

hmmm dreamsnes is still beta, and not even at a version 1 yet, this is described in the readme file that comes with the emulator. Since you aren't complaining i commend you, however nothin can really be done about the speed unless the sound is off, i find most games very playable with no sound.
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

DCemuN00B
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Ok

Post by DCemuN00B »

Ok, so no sound, and transparencies off help the game run? Thanks, I'll have to try that next time, because it really starts to irritate me. Besides, I usally listen to a CD or something when I am playing.
DcManiaC
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by DcManiaC »

well i dont think its the sound cause i play them with sound and they run 100% i have ova 600 snes roms and only bubsy is the one that runs at about 70% of the snes version i think its the program u used try another program and see if it will run better
KISSpsycho23
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

okay

Post by KISSpsycho23 »

So I hear all this fuss about playing SNES GAMES ON DREAMCAST and now its...

"...they don't run as fast as real ones"

Argh...I wish I'd known that at the beginning, I wouldn't have wasted my time with all this. I'll wait till they perfect it. I just thought it would be cool to play games with my brother that we cannot get anymore.

I turn off sound, transperencies...the whole nine yards, but...bottom line. If it ain't up to speed, then what's the point. I know they are working on this and I can't wait till they finish, but I think a lot of people here a making a HUGE deal over something that's nothing.

One question though, if you burn the roms on the same cd as the emulator, will they run faster?
'Almost Human'
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: okay

Post by katraqueyous »

KISSpsycho23 wrote:
I turn off sound, transperencies...the whole nine yards, but...bottom line. If it ain't up to speed, then what's the point. I know they are working on this and I can't wait till they finish, but I think a lot of people here a making a HUGE deal over something that's nothing.
It is something. Is you may not know, Dreamcast emulation is still pretty young. The only reason people make a big deal out of it because its a bit groundbreaking. Plus, some people are nostagic and love classic gaming. They want to feel comfortable playing a emulator on another system, for that personal touch, rather than playing on a PC. Plus, its still a beta. The team doesn't even have to let out betas, if they dont want to.

This how it was a couple of years ago on PC, and now the ball bounces on DC, PS2 and maybe X-Box.
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: okay

Post by FFgamer »

KISSpsycho23 wrote:So I hear all this fuss about playing SNES GAMES ON DREAMCAST and now its...

"...they don't run as fast as real ones"

Argh...I wish I'd known that at the beginning, I wouldn't have wasted my time with all this. I'll wait till they perfect it. I just thought it would be cool to play games with my brother that we cannot get anymore.

One question though, if you burn the roms on the same cd as the emulator, will they run faster?
Its not as bad as you think. Most all the games I play run fine without turn sound off or tranparencies off. The more advanced games are the ones that run slow. Don't complain about something you havent even tried.
KISSpsycho23
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by KISSpsycho23 »

katraqueyous - Good point. I understand completely. That's why I don't understand why there are so many people on the net that LOVE DreamSNES. They "settle" for it.

"If you don't play 'advanced games' or play without sound, and without this and this....THINGS WILL WORK moderately FINE!"

I still have a regular SNES and it gets played regularly, but I didn't buy too many two player games on the first time around. That's why the dreamSNES caught my eye. You get to play the old SNES on YOUR DREAMCAST? Oh god, please let this be true. So two days (56k modem), 5 messed up CD's later, I finally set it up and I'm excited. I'm a "casual gamer", one who doesn't know too much about computers OR spends too much time on the internet so for me, this was the greatest thing in the world. I never knew such a thing existed.

I have downloaded Emulators and ROMS before but found that playing them on the PC is uninteresting and boring for me. The 'personal touch' is what is missing and without it, the classics lose the feel. So when I boot it up and discover the truth...it sucked. The dreamSNES certainly is groundbreaking and will definately be something to play with someday...but not now.

It's a beta? I had no clue. People make this seem way better than it is. I'll wait for the actual version comes out, hell, I'd pay money for it.

FFgamer : Shut up. I tried it, didn't like it. Play your crappy slowed them games and enjoy them for whatever reasons. I'm going to funcoland to see what SNES games I can get for cheap.
'Almost Human'
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FFgamer »

To KISSpsycho23:

Your totally right. DreamSNES sucks ass. Its too goddam slow and I can play Mega Man X3 on it. Let me just e-mail the creators of dreamSNES and tell then to go to your house and get on their knees and beg for forgiveness for not creating a SNES emulator up to your standards. God forbid that.

They give you something for free and you complain. I never have any problems with it. And when a game doesnt work, I dont care. I just do something else until the next version comes out.

So in short, SHUT THE F*** UP.
KISSpsycho23
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

internet people suck...

Post by KISSpsycho23 »

Jesus Christ son....Did you actually READ anything I wrote?

The creators are doing a great job, and they are making something groundbreaking and interesting. It's little people like you that get on my nerves. People like you that claim that this is the greatest thing, omg it's so cool if you play without sound AND get rid of this and this....all that crap.

I said, I can't wait till they release the real version because some people make the BETA seem like it's the greatest thing in the world. It's not. That's what pisses me off. So again. Shut up.
'Almost Human'
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: internet people suck...

Post by FFgamer »

KISSpsycho23 wrote:It's little people like you that get on my nerves. People like you that claim that this is the greatest thing, omg it's so cool if you play without sound AND get rid of this and this....all that crap.
When did I ever say its the greatest thing in the world if you turn sound and all that off? Read the shi+, and think about what you type.

It people like you that piss me off. You come barging into the forums say that it sux and you wasted your time on it. DreamSNES is pretty damm good if you compare it to any of the other emulators. If your camplaining so much about it, get off you lazy ass and create a better emulator. If you would have paid money for it, you would have a right to complain. But saying it sux is just rude.
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

Listen up... I can see that there is a bit of a "flame-war" going on here. Please people stop arguing, I can see one user here literally calling DreamSNES crap and insanely slow (basically is what was said).

If the DreamSNES team were here and you all kept bitching about their software (which was developed by them FOR FREE...) then they might just pull the plug on this project.

Stop flaming one another, I know that you're all entitled to your own opinions et al, but don't literally start taking the pee out of one another. That sort of behaviour makes these forums a very hostile place to be and will lead to you getting banned...

DreamSNES may be a little sluggish to some ppl at the moment, personally I think it runs perfectly fine. But remember this (as so many people have pointed out) is still in BETA form, it has NOT hit version 1 yet.

I'm sorry if I come across a little hostile here but look, I don't see the point in people dissin' each other on a message forum over a piece of software which they didn't even develop. And some comments within, if you think that I was talking utter bull then please tell me, as I like to hear from people concerning my posts.

Edit: Oh and can a mod or a administrator plz close or lock this topic as it looks as though the persons question was answered, and people have just started flaming each other. Thanks
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
FFgamer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FFgamer »

I totally agree, and yes, this topic should be closed.