Ultimate Warrior Bio

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Ultimate Warrior Bio

Post by cube_b3 »

Any Ultimate Warrior fans out there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAS8W95yh9o

I was really looking forward to this one.
See the side of Ultimate Warrior away from the ring.

I was kinda disappointed with his wife apologizing for him and basically saying he was under the influence of Fox News.
Politically I've voted democrat, but I can respect opposing views if they have conviction.
As a fan of this man, I was sad to see how right wing he was, but I respected he held to his convictions.

Also the reasons they presented for his erratic behavior, don't help.
I just made a post about YujI Naka, I can respect if someone is difficult to work with or play by there own rules. But his 1991 suspension being attributed to a divorce, I don't know how I feel about that... Also then in 1992 dismissal was a simple steroid drug policy decision but combining that with him taking pain killers and anti-depressants and so on... every wrestler had that problem in that era. It wouldn't be fair to everyone else to empathize with him on that when physical abuse was just the nature of the job. I much preferred the arrogant version.

What do you guys think?

On another note, I would love to see his daughter pursue MMA instead of Pro-Wrestling.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Ultimate Warrior Bio

Post by |darc| »

I've been wanting to respond to this, but never really did because I didn't know Ultimate Warrior that well and don't want to watch the doc and ruin any storylines. My wife and I have been watching a lot of wrestling over the past few years (almost majority of it mid-to-late 90s WCW, though, as that's sort of reliving my childhood) but haven't seen much of him.
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Ultimate Warrior Bio

Post by cube_b3 »

Yeah he only has a few months stint in WCW in the late 90s.
He's primarily a WWE (Then WWF guy) from the late 80s to the early 90s.

The documentary wouldn't ruin any story lines, it was meant to focus on his life outside the ring.

Right before he died he produced a documentary chronicling his career. That was his condition before he could be inducted into HOF. He died 3 days after his HOF induction.

All in all he has 4 documentaries.

1) Self Destruction - 2005: It was a hit job to destroy his character and send a message to all the x-talent what WWE is capable of doing with their archives.
2) 2014 Pre-HOF documentary
3) 2014 Post HOF Documentary: Apparently he was filmed through out his HOF induction so it was possible to repurpose the pre-HOF documentary to this one with interviews with more people.
4) A&E Documentary