PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by Aleron Ives »

You have to erase your flash memory. There are homebrew tools that will let you do it.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post (total 2):
Pir DuhaRico Tyrell
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Wouldn't it be possible to draw up a TTF Quest for the PSO V1 version? If there is the mission Global Warning very well elaborated say in passing Congratulations on the creation, but returning to the subject if there is this Quest why not a TTF for a rapid evolution of players of this version?
These users thanked the author legit nyck for the post:
Rico Tyrell
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

The maps used in TTF do not exist in V1, so TTF will never work.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Aleron Ives wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:27 pm The maps used in TTF do not exist in V1, so TTF will never work.
What? Forest, caves, mines and ruins don't exist? I'm sorry, but this time I have to disagree with you.
Anyway people like you who have done really amazing things in all these years at PSO and I'm sure they could create a high xp-earning mission for players of the V1 version, I no longer have this version but when I had missed a Quest like that, and the same feeling I see reflected in some players of that version when I play with them, I Hope in this staff please make one TTF simple for V1 XD
Rico Tyrell
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:15 pm
Aleron Ives wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:27 pm The maps used in TTF do not exist in V1, so TTF will never work.
What? Forest, caves, mines and ruins don't exist? I'm sorry, but this time I have to disagree with you.
Anyway people like you who have done really amazing things in all these years at PSO and I'm sure they could create a high xp-earning mission for players of the V1 version, I no longer have this version but when I had missed a Quest like that, and the same feeling I see reflected in some players of that version when I play with them, I Hope in this staff please make one TTF simple for V1 XD
What he means is that the versions of the maps used in TTF don't exist in V1, so it would take essentially rewriting the entire quest from scratch to even attempt to make it -- it wouldn't really be a port of TTF so much as it would be an entirely new quest.

Unfortunately, because of the limitations of V1 quests, not many people ever made any homebrew V1 quests. Even Sega didn't make all that many V1 quests, compared to how many V2 ones there were.
These users thanked the author BlueCrab for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:24 pm
legit nyck wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:15 pm
What he means is that the versions of the maps used in TTF don't exist in V1, so it would take essentially rewriting the entire quest from scratch to even attempt to make it -- it wouldn't really be a port of TTF so much as it would be an entirely new quest.

Unfortunately, because of the limitations of V1 quests, not many people ever made any homebrew V1 quests. Even Sega didn't make all that many V1 quests, compared to how many V2 ones there were.
The employees of the sega were not as good as you Aleron and this Team XD also understand the lack of time and the work that would be to do this but here is the idea recorded who knows one day is not even. Thanks for explain :wink:
Pir Duha
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Pir Duha »

Guys tell me, how often do I need to enter the /login command? Is it enough to enter once, or do I need to do this every time I enter the game?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You only need to use /login every time you play if you enabled /gcprotect.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post:
Pir Duha
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Espre
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Espre »

Hello,

Does PSO Ver.2 have a material usage limit per character?

Thanks.
These users thanked the author Espre for the post:
Rico Tyrell
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Espre wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:17 pm Hello,

Thanks.
Yes read It
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?o ... artid=1296
Espre
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Espre »

legit nyck wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks.
Yes read It
I think this link is not about PSO v2, because it has those new characters from Ep 1&2.

Have you already reached the material limit in PSOv2?
These users thanked the author Espre for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Espre wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:48 pm
legit nyck wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks.
Yes read It
I think this link is not about PSO v2, because it has those new characters from Ep 1&2.

Have you already reached the material limit in PSOv2?
The maximum material used per character is 150, so the robot class is used i advise you to use only Power material
These users thanked the author legit nyck for the post (total 3):
EspreBeBeZiNhARico Tyrell
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Material caps were introduced in GC.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Pir Duha
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Pir Duha »

Faced a problem. In the ver.2 on hard mode open locations are not saved, after restart the principal talks to me every time as for the first time. Thus, after restarting the game, only the forest is always open. In addition to this, after restart, the character lost all pocket money. What could be the problem? :?
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Pir Duha wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:59 pm Faced a problem. In the ver.2 on hard mode open locations are not saved, after restart the principal talks to me every time as for the first time. Thus, after restarting the game, only the forest is always open. In addition to this, after restart, the character lost all pocket money. What could be the problem? :?
You need to release the maps in offline mode at all levels so that they are always open
PS:And make sure that all the pillars are active to open the last door of the ruins ... probably the blue symbol representing the caves are turned off
BeBeZiNhA
Pir Duha
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Pir Duha »

legit nyck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:12 pm
Pir Duha wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:59 pm Faced a problem. In the ver.2 on hard mode open locations are not saved, after restart the principal talks to me every time as for the first time. Thus, after restarting the game, only the forest is always open. In addition to this, after restart, the character lost all pocket money. What could be the problem? :?
You need to release the maps in offline mode at all levels so that they are always open
PS:And make sure that all the pillars are active to open the last door of the ruins ... probably the blue symbol representing the caves are turned off
On the normal level, I did not go through all the locations, and did not activate the columns, I jumped to the hard one when I reached level 20. Now I need to activate all columns on normal, or can I just do it on hard?
These users thanked the author Pir Duha for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Pir Duha wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:21 am
legit nyck wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:12 pm
On the normal level, I did not go through all the locations, and did not activate the columns, I jumped to the hard one when I reached level 20. Now I need to activate all columns on normal, or can I just do it on hard?
Playing online Level 20 Hard, 40 Very Hard 80 Ultimate , to have the maps released/unlocked FOREST, CAVES, MINES AND RUINS you need to unlock these stages playing offline by activating the pillars in ALL levels etc.
These users thanked the author legit nyck for the post (total 2):
BeBeZiNhAPir Duha
Valormere
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Valormere »

Struggling to find an answer and hope someone can help me.

Playing ep2 on Dreamcast
With Christmas here I was looking into hunting the seasonal rappies - where do they spawn?

I've seen VR temple - is that in the Dreamcast version?

Other than needing to be online that's all Ive found.

Thanks!
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Valormere wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:25 am Struggling to find an answer and hope someone can help me.

Playing ep2 on Dreamcast

I've seen VR temple - is that in the Dreamcast version?

The Spaceship and VR Temple Alpha if I'm not mistaken is just Playable in battle mode on Dreamcast...
Valormere
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Valormere »

Thanks Nyck,

I dig more digging and I don't think holiday rappies are even in the DC version, I did notice a lot of the rewards like the Chao mag drop in ultimate though.

I swear most guides are for BB and GC/XBOX, very easy to get confused!
These users thanked the author Valormere for the post:
legit nyck