What are all of the Gamecube patches permitted for online play?

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

What are all of the Gamecube patches permitted for online play?

Post by Lexaraj »

I've been taking a look at the Gamecube patches listed at https://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads_gamecube.html and I wanted to make sure all of the patches were allowed to be used when playing online on Sylverant. My assumption was yes but I wanted to make sure before using them.

Also, is any form of enemy health bar code permitted? I'm assuming not, as they're 'cheats' enabled through Action Replay but, again, I wanted to double check.

Appreciate any feedback. Just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing online here. Also, thank you for keeping the online life of this game alive!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Has thanked: 0

Re: What are all of the Gamecube patches permitted for online play?

Post by Aleron Ives »

Anything on the download page is allowed; anything not on the download page is against the rules, although some cosmetic mods like particle effects and music replacement are generally accepted. The goal is to create a consistent baseline that all players can use, and there are lots of AR codes that give you an advantage over people who aren't using cheats, so we don't allow the use of codes.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post:
Lexaraj
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Lexaraj
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Re: What are all of the Gamecube patches permitted for online play?

Post by Lexaraj »

That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure!

Thanks for both the quick response and for providing these patches. Amazing work!