DcDivX Beta 4 RELEASED!!!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by spaceboy100 »

I have tried the Vp3 codec on DcDivX, and I didnt really get a very good performance. I encoded an 8 minuite clip directly from a dvd, in a res of 352x176, and 40kbs mono mp3 sound, I encoded the same clip at 35, 40, and 50kbs. At 40 and 50 the video output would freeze roughly every minuite, Im guessing about at each keyframe? (whuch I set to force every 300)
at 35 the video played but looked pretty rubbish, ad still ocaisonally slowed and lost sync. That said the video files were nice and small...
Am doing something wrong? The website says this codec is supposed to run well on lesser systems,which should mean the DC could handle higher bitrates.
Has anyone else tired this out?
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Has anyone else tired this out?
I tried it with the exact same settings as you... and I got the same result :? I've never used the VP3 codec before so maybe it was user error..
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

I have tried it a bit more now,
It seems to be *very* resolution-sensative, that is, it will play badly on not very high resolutions. I got it to play a 12 minuite clip ok, except for a short pause at the beginning, in a resolution of 320x160, at 50kbs.
This doesnt mean its a useless codec, in fact I think that size for size, the quality will be better with vp3, but DCDivX cant play bigger ones yet which is a shame. If you are into encoding your films small, and getting say 2 on a disc it's probably worth giving it a try, but if you are only interested in the best quality possibleon a single disc dont bother with this yet... but if it gets improved on watch this space.
Sombie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Sombie »

ShinAkuma wrote:You know, i tried to burn the nero and dj images from this site and both times burning failed. DJ said something about track at once. I picked it and it said something about burning another cd. I can't remember what the probelm was with nero, but i'm not gonna wast e another cd to find out. Are the images bad? Or do you have to burn them with a certain version? i'm sure i have the latest.

You DON'T do track at once, you do DISK-at-once.
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

Sombie wrote:
ShinAkuma wrote:You know, i tried to burn the nero and dj images from this site and both times burning failed. DJ said something about track at once. I picked it and it said something about burning another cd. I can't remember what the probelm was with nero, but i'm not gonna wast e another cd to find out. Are the images bad? Or do you have to burn them with a certain version? i'm sure i have the latest.

You DON'T do track at once, you do DISK-at-once.
I believe U should take his advice :wink:
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

Has there been any word on Movie Quality being improved?
Lupin[lvl]
Gentleman Thief
Gentleman Thief

Post by Lupin[lvl] »

im pretty sure your banner can genuinly give people epileptic fits, not joking
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz »

Lupin[lvl] wrote:im pretty sure your banner can genuinly give people epileptic fits, not joking
:o Really?............It looks safe enough to me........... :|