PSO Questions & Answers

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

redclad
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: PSO Questions & Answers

Post by redclad »

Hello, I will ask a question on behalf of a friend who is not confident enough in his English level.

So, he owns two copies of pso GC and two Wii consoles. He wants to know if he can play both games at the same time online on Sylverant.
And by that, I mean that he is asking if it is technically possible (with a single sylverant account) and if it is allowed. I didn't see any mention of a rule related to that but I apologize if I simply missed it.

He told me that he wants to do that to open doors requiring two characters on switches.

Thank you in advance for the reply.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

As long as he has two serial number and access keys, then yes, he can play both at the same time. He would have to register both copies on the Sylverant website (they can be on the same account), and do all the other setup needed to get PSO to work on a Wii -- but yes, it will work.
KirillDR
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by KirillDR »

I'm sorry! I'm from Russia and my English is bad. I write through a translator!
Please tell me about / sdrops Altimira / DC
Does this command remove the binding on item dropouts by ID?
Or do I still need to download several characters to get the thing I need?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

The /sdrops command currently uses the same drop rates (including by ID) that the game itself uses.
laz305
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by laz305 »

BlueCrab wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:25 pm The /sdrops command currently uses the same drop rates (including by ID) that the game itself uses.
Hi can you tell me where are the instructions on how to get onto this server with the Wii and Wii U
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Is your system already soft modded? There are lots of tutorials on YouTube for doing it. After you install the Homebrew Channel, you need CleanRip to dump your disc and either Devolution or Nintendont to launch the game and play online.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
KirillDR
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by KirillDR »

What are the differences between IVES_PSOV2_US_R2 and IVES_PSOV2_US_R2_EP versions?
I only noticed a rebalance of character and monster characteristics!
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

"Fear the HUnewearl."
KirillDR
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by KirillDR »

I play through Flycast (Retroarch), constantly high ping on a standard connection! Is it possible to configure the emulator for DNS connection?
MiBox 3
Router ASUS AC66U
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

No. Flycast doesn't let you configure your ISP settings. It does everything automatically.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Mega Drive
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mega Drive »

This has bothered me for YEARS and I figured you guys would be the best to answer this. Is it actually possible to legitimately find the Lavis Cannon, Psycho Wand, and Heaven's Punisher in PSO ver 1 on Dreamcast as a drop? I wonder about this from time to time when I play the Dreamcast versions. I know the items are listed on drop charts but not sure if they are activated. Back in the Sega server days the rumor was that they can only be obtained from some Japanese only contest in version 1.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

If they do drop, it's probably at some absurd one in a million rate that you'll never see. Nobody has bothered to make comprehensive V1 drop charts since V2 makes V1 pointless.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Treamcaster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Treamcaster »

PSO PC was only officially released in JP and Korea afaik... or was it also released anywhere else? What were the release dates on these countries? Thank you.
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

It came out in Taiwan, too, hence the inclusion of CT and CS, as well as KR language options.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Terrin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Terrin »

I'm trying to register my Serial Number and Access Key for my DC v1 disc and I'm getting the error "The serial number and/or access key you entered was invalid. Please verify that you have entered the serial number and access key exactly as it appears in your copy of the game."

The odd thing is that I had typo'd the Serial on my first registration attempt (0 instead of O, whoops) and it accepted it without issue.

What can I do to get it registered? I've got the original jewel case with sticker intact, so what I'm typing in should be valid.

EDIT: Okay, so I got kicked to the in game serial and access key register screen and it seems like my serial might have been all zeros and no Os after all, which would mean.. it's misprinted. Either way, it got accepted as a serial and registered. But now, when I connect, I get this error:
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

With v1, you need to ensure that you set your ISP settings to point to Sylverant by setting the DNS1 to the IP address of Sylverant, assuming you're using a broadband adapter to connect. If you're using a dialup modem (and not using DreamPi, which should in theory take care of this for you by intercepting all DNS queries), you may need to patch the game using the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc every time before you connect (this is also required if you're using the Japanese version of PSOv1 or the US/Japanese versions of PSOv2).
Terrin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Terrin »

BlueCrab wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:31 am With v1, you need to ensure that you set your ISP settings to point to Sylverant by setting the DNS1 to the IP address of Sylverant, assuming you're using a broadband adapter to connect. If you're using a dialup modem (and not using DreamPi, which should in theory take care of this for you by intercepting all DNS queries), you may need to patch the game using the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc every time before you connect (this is also required if you're using the Japanese version of PSOv1 or the US/Japanese versions of PSOv2).
I am using a DreamPi to connect. It's an original US PSO v1 disc, and I get that error whether I connect "normally", using the Patcher disc, or the fastload Aleron Ives PSO v1 disc.

I'm not sure what's going on here. :(

EDIT: I can't believe this is actually the issue, but it was a dodgy Ethernet cable connecting the DreamPi to an Ethernet switch. Swapped the cable and it works. Always double check the physical connections, I guess!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

Terrin wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:42 pm EDIT: I can't believe this is actually the issue, but it was a dodgy Ethernet cable connecting the DreamPi to an Ethernet switch. Swapped the cable and it works. Always double check the physical connections, I guess!
That actually would've been my next suggestion of what to check, to be honest. That seems to be a not-all-that-uncommon problem people have, actually. :wink:

Glad to hear you got it sorted, though.
stellaloveslunafreya

Post by stellaloveslunafreya »

Hi, all, great server you have running. It's nice to see someone keeping the "dream" alive. I have a question about PSO characters and accounts hopefully someone here can answer.

I currently play PSO Ver.2 on the PC through Sylverant (as well as in its offline mode), but I'm considering at some point in the future getting a Dreamcast and the Japanese PSO Ver.2. Would it be possible to somehow use my PC Ver.2 character on the DC Ver.2 (through some kind of "magical" program that converts the character) or would I basically have to start from the beginning on the DC with a new character?
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You'd have to start over. PSO saves are encrypted, so there are no tools to convert your data between DC and PC.
"Fear the HUnewearl."