Be careful where you tread in here...
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.houzz.com/pro/kuchnie/
Has thanked: 0

How can I contact Rand?

Post by Chalavet »

With the demise of Bleem! and EB practically the only source for Bleem! discs, it has come to my attention that it appears that Bleemcast for MGS appears to be either sold out or no longer available. Does anyone know how I may contact Rand to find out if this is the case, or if there are still more available, but EB has simply dropped it out of the lack of interest for the Dreamcast.
These users thanked the author Chalavet for the post:
Dr. Zoidberg
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

You do know they stopped production of bleem & bleem!cast, right?

You can keep searching EB, GameSpot, (there are others, afaik). and try e!bay & yahoo! auctions too.
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Yeah, you are not gonna get his attention anymore. He doesn't come here anymore...
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Yes, I know all about Bleem R.I.P. and all, but I was wondering if he may still have some left. Also, I remember there was a lot of talk about releasing the source & tools to convert other PSX like Bleem! did. I remember that it wasn't going to be given away, but I wanted to find out how much it would cost to obtain the Bleem! "SDK." I think that there are still way too many games on the PSX that should come out on the DC a la the Bleem! method.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

The lone email left on the bleem.com site says rip@bleem.com, try that.

Also, try and see if there are any Fry's stores in your area - they're your best bet at this point.

As for buying the Bleem SDK, forget about it. They spent years and racked up $2 million in legal debt over it, so they're not likely to part with it for any sum of money. Also, it would take someone "intimately familiar" with the code to do anything with it, a feat that could take some time.

The bottom line, though, is that if you missed your chance to buy bcMGS then you simply missed out. The company is out of business, the discs will never be made again, and they can't be backed up or pirated. Sorry, but no dice.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

IUG wrote: Yeah, you are not gonna get his attention anymore. He doesn't come here anymore...
That's not quite true, he was just here & I see his name on the users online thing every few days, he's just not posting anymore.
FryGuy
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

How can I contact Rand?

Post by FryGuy »

http://www.spelbutiken.se here in sweden still has the MGS Bleemcast (a friend of mine bought two copys of that a couple of days ago)

But i don't know if they ship outside sweden.. i doubt it, but u can mail them and ask.
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by BobsShadow »

My local Fry's Electronics has about 75 copies of each Bleemcast. Most of them aren't selling due to what I think is the DDR(why does everyone like that game? The music sucks ass) demo and newer systems.
Damn My Signature Sucks!
Visit Sega Fan's VMU HQ
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

Hey! Palo Alto! Do you go to the Fry's in Fremont? Cause that's where I go.
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

what a waste ot time

Post by SonicBlaze »

Why would you want to contact him? Are u a dumbass? You think he's gonna try to find out if there are any Bleem!Cast's in ur area? The man got business, he doesn't want to waste his time finding u Bleem!cast discs. (sorry I swore, I felt like it, I'm not pissed :D )
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Last I spoke with him, he was seeing about getting a job in Los Angles... but this was a long time ago.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Sonic Blaze, the next time you feel like replying, please do so in an intelligent and refined manner. I already own all 3 Bleem! discs thank you very much. My concern is not for myself but rather those individuals who have not had the chance to enjoy these 3 great games in all of their potential. Last time I remember, you were beyond pissed with the MGS disc. With that in mind, why do you care???? Besides, I've got other questions for Rand that noone in this forum could answer.
doofnuck
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by doofnuck »

I dont know what you guys are talkin about i got Bleemcast MGS today Feburary 1st and they even had Tekken 3 bleemcast disc there too
Barnolde
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Re: How can I contact Rand?

Post by Barnolde »

I went into my EB a few days ago, and picked up both of them, although I think my MGS was used, bah! at least I got it :)

Only $16.
AIM: Barnolde
XBL: Barnolde
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

So, did you ever got into contact with him?
Insane homebrew collector.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Dr. Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr. Zoidberg »

Xylene
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Xylene »

I am sure MVG can help you get in contact with Rand.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Rand's made the rounds with a bunch of people in the DC scene and in social media on general in the past few years. It probably wouldn't be difficult to get him back on here to make the joke come full circle tbh.
It's thinking...