DCEmu Decides the POTUS Election, Post-Primary Edition

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Who are you voting for?

Hillary Clinton [Democratic]
43%
Donald Trump [Republican]
29%
Gary Johnson [Libertarian]
14%
Jill Stein [Green]
14%
Darrell Castle [Constitution]
No votes
Evan McMullin [no party]
No votes

Total votes: 7
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: DCEmu Decides the POTUS Election, Post-Primary Edition

Post by I.M. Weasel »

EvilTacox wrote: images
I dont get it.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Seems like a prime candidate for A Good Cartoon.

http://agoodcartoon.tumblr.com/
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I.M. Weasel wrote:
EvilTacox wrote: images
I dont get it.
John Oliver frequently uses pop culture similes and cute animal videos to prove his point. People often share his videos as their own personal viewpoints while offering no substance of their own.

I like his show. He makes some great points every now and then. My favorite clip is probably the one where he started a fake church and trolled seed-based faith ministries.

From a comedic standpoint, I do wonder where he, Colbert, or Stewart would be without silly picture in picture graphics for everything. The funny pictures are to them what a laugh track is to a sitcom.
DaMadFiddler wrote:Seems like a prime candidate for A Good Cartoon.

http://agoodcartoon.tumblr.com/
lol
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Wait... wait... the Snowden interview is my favorite.

|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Eviltaco64X wrote:
DaMadFiddler wrote:
[john oliver image]
:clap:
It's thinking...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

DaMadFiddler wrote:[crappy John Oliver video]
It is funny how John is willing to attempt to pick apart Johnson's position on issues, but is totally willing to accept Clinton's at face value.
It's thinking...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Looks like Jill Stein has a response for John Oliver.

http://www.jill2016.com/JohnOliverResponse
It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Good for Jill Stein. She's the admirable type of progressive leftist - the type that own their own heads, genuinely want to do right, and seek the truth before anything else; the ones who don't just go along with the narrative and relative goalposts set by the powers that be.

What I have come to learn over the years is this: those who resort to smugness, condescension, insults, or mockery to prove/refute something generally have no idea what they are talking about, tend to rely on power in numbers/group efforts to argue, tend to let emotion/feelings/sentiment influence their core ideals, and tend to be rather insecure themselves.

It's either that, or they know just what they are doing and do it with a divine purpose - propagandizing a particular narrative (aka 1. jam, 2. desensitize, 3. convert) to dilute, subvert, gain traction, form power in numbers, and collectively crush all opposition by making anything but that narrative the "wrong opinion", and thus something to be laughed at. It is a classic Marxist tactic... Mock the standard and praise the deviation until the deviation is the standard and the standard is the deviation.

In short...

Those who naturally resort to these tactics often know no better - they are the blank-slate freshmen year students ambitiously starting out at an expensive 4-year college they've long desired to attend.

Those who purposefully resort to these tactics often do know better - they are the "critically-acclaimed comedic geniuses" that are paid handsomely to mock all-but a handful of sacred cows in cutesy, silly ways - effectively guiding those who know no better to laugh along with the host/narrator at everything but the sacred cows, guiding and carving people's political opinions along the way.

Over the past few years, I've had the honor of getting into numerous political spats with an established and respected (60s) civil rights activist with a PhD from Harvard and numerous degrees from established universities like Yale and UC Berkeley. Really cool and storied guy with a legacy a cut above most. We couldn't be more opposite on most things, but every now and then we meet right in the middle on something. No matter, even he remarkably tends to reflect this type of emotional thinking, and he does it without really knowing any better.

Let's say... If he were to state an opinion off the top of his head, and I were to present a counterargument to that opinion, he would usually smirk (or, incite a defensive emotional response) before anything else. In these instances, I would not take the bait. Instead, I often resorted to cold logic and/or the Socratic method. Typically, these conversations would end with him either getting very emotional and upset, or him asking where my sources were, and then resorting to smirking in "victory" because I could not directly cite the source of 20 news articles from different outlets off the top of my head. One nice thing I would say was that he and I could actually go back and forth for quite some time in disagreement but still co-exist and get along on almost any other topic. That's rare. :mrgreen:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/b ... over-trump
Accepting that his presidential bid will fail, Libertarian vice presidential candidate Bill Weld on Tuesday obliquely urged voters to vote for Hillary Clinton.

In a Tuesday statement addressed to "those in the electorate who remain torn between two so-called major party candidates," the former Massachusetts governor told Republicans not to vote for the GOP nominee out of “fear for our country.”

“After careful observation and reflection, I have come to believe that Donald Trump, if elected President of the United States, would not be able to stand up to this pressure and this criticism without becoming unhinged and unable to perform competently the duties of his office,” the former Massachusetts governor said in a statement.

Weld ticks off a long list of what he sees as Trump’s flaws, including his childish response to criticism, divisive rhetoric about immigrants and minorities, instability, and lack of familiarity with policy.

While Weld said he will see his bid with Gary Johnson through to Election Day, he acknowledged that the Libertarian Party ticket, which has languished far behind in the polls, will not break “the two party monopoly” this year. He announced in early October that he would spend the rest of the campaign cycle speaking out against Trump.

Some observers interpreted the last paragraph of his statement as a winking request for voters not to cast ballots for his own running mate.

“Every citizen must be aware of the power and responsibility of each individual vote,” Weld writes. “This is not the time to cast a jocular or feel-good vote for a man whom you may have briefly found entertaining.”

Though Weld goes on to mention Trump by name, his comments could also describe Johnson, who captured headlines with his bumbling responses to foreign policy questions and odd interview antics.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Libertarian VP Candidate Admits Defeat
:roll: It just baffles me that people would choose to read sites that are flat-out obviously twisting the truth. The letter was addressed to "those in the electorate who remain torn between two so-called major party candidates." It's essentially "If you aren't going to vote for me, at least don't vote for Donald Trump."

Weld is still holding a rally for the Johnson-Weld ticket tomorrow in Anchorage.

This isn't the first time this crap has been said about Weld. Earlier this month, New York Magazine tweeted that "Libertarian VP candidate Bill Weld gives up, will focus on preventing Trump presidency," to which Bill Weld responded saying that the media is reporting "made-up" stories about him.

It's obvious Weld really, really doesn't like Trump, and he prefers Hillary to Trump. That doesn't mean he's dropping out of the race or leaving the Libertarians.
It's thinking...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It's thinking...
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

|darc| wrote:
Libertarian VP Candidate Admits Defeat
:roll: It just baffles me that people would choose to read sites that are flat-out obviously twisting the truth.
Hey now, exopolitics.org is a fantastic website.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

It's thinking...