DCEmu Decides the 2016 Presidential Election

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

Who gets to do the presidentin' next?

Ben Carson
6%
Bernie Sanders
33%
Bobby Jindal
No votes
Carly Fiorina
No votes
Chris Christie
No votes
Donald Trump
11%
George Pataki
No votes
Hillary Clinton
6%
Jeb! Bush
No votes
Jim Gilmore
No votes
Jim Webb
No votes
John Kasich
No votes
Lindsey Graham
No votes
Marco Rubio
No votes
Martin O'Malley
No votes
Mike Huckabee
No votes
Rand Paul
6%
Rick Santorum
No votes
Ted Cruz
No votes
Kang
No votes
Kodos
17%
some other jerk (please specify)
6%
eh, screw it
No votes
we're not all U.S. citizens, asshole
17%

Total votes: 18
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: DCEmu Decides the 2016 Presidential Election

Post by Eviltaco64X »

S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by S. Thompson »

I.M. Weasel wrote:Hilldogs going to win the nomination. Back to the same old bullshit. :(
Yep. It will sadly end up being Clinton v. Trump.

I just can't get past Donald Trump seriously making it this far. I guess I've been giving the American people's intelligence the benefit of a doubt too long.

- Steve
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

My hopes are not overly high, but that fate is NOT yet set in stone.

There are only six people left in this crazy primary, and only four who still have any shot at becoming President. Of those four, there is really only one person worth voting for.

Bernie is the ONLY sane, respectable person left in this race... and the only one who won't plunge us into another deadly, ruinous, and unnecessary ground war in the Middle East.

If you care about this at all, PLEASE vote in the DEMOCRATIC primary, and help us nominate Bernie Sanders. If your state has an open primary, take the Democratic ticket. If your state has a closed primary, and you are an independent or a Republican or a member of a third party, please consider registering as a Democrat for this election if you still can.

And encourage your friends and family to do the same.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I am wondering what happens after Trump loses.
Will he face any consequence over the violence he has instigated.
People in his rally have assaulted people and he has defended them encouraging more violence. There are assault and battery laws even in Pakistan. Assault and battery is rarely enforced because most men can take punches and not really care about filing an FIR. But you have it on camera being broadcasted on news and you have Trump fanning the flames.

I know freedom of speech exists but there has to be some consequences for his actions?

He has gone over the deep end has he not?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

All right, folks!

Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Illinois.

It's go time!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...15 March, wherein Fiddler loses a little more of what remains of his faith in humanity.

There is still a VERY narrow path to victory for the Sanders campaign (the two models presented have Bernie down by 319 and 351 delegates as of today, respectively, and he is currently down about 320 delegates as of tonight). However, the outcomes required in the upcoming states to remain on track are starting to get a bit outlandish.

Here's an extremely detailed breakdown:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/1 ... w-he-could

I will still punch the Democratic ticket in November but if Hillary Clinton is the nominee, it will be a vote against the rancid GOP cesspool rather than a vote for her.

I had hope, for once in my life, that I wouldn't have to cast a vote for the lesser of two evils.

"At least she's better than Orange Hitler" isn't much of a rallying cry. But I cannot possibly fathom a Trump presidency, and he is already having a seriously scary effect on the country. For once, I don't think Godwin's Law applies here.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I should update the poll options. You now only have three choices:
The Plutocrat
The Theocrat
Orange Hitler
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

S. Thompson wrote:
I.M. Weasel wrote:Hilldogs going to win the nomination. Back to the same old bullshit. :(
Yep. It will sadly end up being Clinton v. Trump.

I just can't get past Donald Trump seriously making it this far. I guess I've been giving the American people's intelligence the benefit of a doubt too long.

- Steve
After re-electing Bush - not just bush, but moreso his war-room chronies, I lost a tremendous amount of faith for the people of this nation to make critical, smart decisions.

Its apparent that the build-up racism and hate for the government has brought up a strong vote for trump. People want to tear it all down, and are so tied up in that fact that they will do it in one of the worse ways possible. Although he's actual very liberal in some of his beliefs, he probably will really fuck some stuff up.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

If hills nomed, im voting 3rd party. Usually do, and i'm going back cause its the only way to get real change.

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

You're in California, right? Make sure to vote in the Democratic primary. Make sure your friends vote in the Democratic primary. And your family. And your coworkers. And anyone else you can bring yourself to talk politics with.

Based on what states vote when, March 15 was always going to be the low point for the Sanders campaign.

The road is tough. Admittedly, 320 delegates is a bigger deficit then we'd hoped to be dealing with at this point. But it is not the end. I'm not going to lie; it's not going to be easy, and it's less than likely. But Bernie's entire campaign has been less than likely, and look how far it's come compared to what everyone was saying last year, or even a few months ago.

Every. Single. Vote. Counts. All Democratic primaries award their delegates proportionally, so it's not just a matter of "winning" or "losing" a state. The percentages count. Bernie only lost Missoury by less than 2000 votes, or 0.2% of the votes cast. When he lost by a similar amount in Iowa, it was considered an unexpected Sanders success. But when he reached that same point in the much more Clinton-friendly Missouri, the talking heads are now trying to tell us it's a massive failure and the end of the road.

There *IS* still a viable path to the nomination, but it is a tight one. It will require more than just showing up to vote. It will require effort: helping to turn out other voters, and convincing others to vote for him as well. Bernie needs to outperform the current polls to get there, but it's not insurmountable.

The Clinton-favoring states have almost all voted now, and the Sanders-favoring states are the ones coming up. Bernie needs between 55% and 60% of the remaining delegates in order to win.

So how do we get there?

Know any independents or Republicans who are disgusted with the choice between a theocrat and Orange Hitler? Get them to vote in the Democratic primary instead.

Have some time to kill? Spend a little time on the Bernie Dialer.

TALK TO PEOPLE.

And if you want to see the numbers, here is an excellent mathematical analysis of what needs to happen from this point forward:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/1 ... w-he-could

This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

There is no time for apathy or resignation.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Just dropping this here. It's turned out to be a remarkably significant center for grassroots organizing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Wow, Ian I never knew you were so into politics.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

It's still a long shot, but at least so far, Bernie has been hitting exactly the numbers he needs (no better, but no worse) in order to claw his way back. The road is narrow, and there is no room for missteps at this point. But it CAN WORK.

And the establishment *KNOWS* it can work; why do you think there were so many calls for him to pack it in RIGHT BEFORE we got to the part of the map that favors him?

Here is an update regarding the impact of Tuesday's results, based on the calculations originally done for this set of targets.

The KEY at this point is VOTER TURNOUT.

I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

DaMadFiddler wrote:You're in California, right? Make sure to vote in the Democratic primary. Make sure your friends vote in the Democratic primary. And your family. And your coworkers. And anyone else you can bring yourself to talk politics with.
I live in oregon. If I lived in cali, i'd come visit. That aside, Bernies got WA and OR on lock down. his hugest rallies have been here, and unlike a lot of other states, the young people actually vote here.

DaMadFiddler wrote: There *IS* still a viable path to the nomination, but it is a tight one. It will require more than just showing up to vote. It will require effort: helping to turn out other voters, and convincing others to vote for him as well. Bernie needs to outperform the current polls to get there, but it's not insurmountable.
Ive been doing my part to dispel the myths about bern.

* - Hes only 6 years older than hillary, stop calling him old.
* - Stop saying hes unelectable. Its one thing for repubs to say that, but when bern supporters say that, it just weakens the cause.
* - Remember Obama? Remember all the great things he said he would do? Remember how "you" voted for him? Bern will actually do those things, hes what we wanted from obama, but will actually get things done.
* - Never in my life have I seen this many dems say "I will hold my nose and vote for the dem candidate, even if its not the one I want". LOTS of people dont like hillary.

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

:thumbup:

Here's a great article that ran this week on just that topic. The headline is a bit clickbaity, but it's well-reasoned and thoughtful rundown of why Bernie is a better candidate than Hillary:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-abra ... 44744.html

Oh, and one more thing: even if he seems sure to win a given state, don't take it for granted. PERCENTAGES MATTER.

ALL of the Democratic primaries award their delegates proportionally; they are NOT winner-take-all. So the more votes Bernie gets, the greater his share of the delegates and the better his chances are. Also, there is a minimum threshold of 15%... so if Bernie were to somehow get 85% or better in a state, Hillary would not get *ANY* delegates for that state.

So even if your area seems like safe Bernie territory, it's important to get people out to vote/caucus.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

So, Saturday happened.

Not that you'd know, with all the media attention it got.

This reduces the pledged delegate difference from 294 to something more like 225. Instead of winning the rest of the race by around 59%, Bernie now "only" has to win the rest of the race by an average of about 56%. Again: a tall order, but it can be done.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-27 at 2.13.01 AM.png
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Wisconsin! Delaware! Indiana! Maryland!
Your VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINE is coming up SOON!

Wisconsin, you must be registered TOMORROW, April 1!
Delaware, April 2!
Indiana, April 4!
Maryland, April 5!

You MUST be registered by these dates to vote in the primary!

Maryland voters: in order to vote for Bernie, you MUST be registered as a DEMOCRAT!

Here's how:
http://voteforbernie.org/
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

WYOMING: YOUR TURN! Get out and caucus today!

Not sure where? Not sure how? Here's some info!

http://voteforbernie.org/state/wyoming/

And please, DO NOT LEAVE until it is *OVER* and the results are finalized and reported. Dirty tricks have been attempted in recent caucuses to tip the balance.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

All right, folks! New York is less than a week away!

Bernie has to win or at least keep it close here, or the rest of the map gets very, very difficult.

Oh, what's that? You don't live in New York?

Not a problem!

Phone bank--it costs nothing, it takes very little effort, and it really does make a difference. Here's how:

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/content/nyphonebank/

And here's a bit of unofficial propaganda to get you in the mood:

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

KENTUCKY! WEST VIRGINIA! CONNECTICUT!

Your VOTER REGISTRATION DEADLINES are coming up!

To vote for Bernie in the primary, you MUST be registered as a DEMOCRAT!

Here are the deadlines:

Kentucky: Mon, 4/18
West Viriginia: Tuesday, 4/19
Connecticut: Thursday, 4/21

Here's how:
http://voteforbernie.org/