Vídeo Games Mags Guide

Sylverant is a homebrew open source server for Phantasy Star Online. Dreamcast users still play PSO online with this server even today! This is the official forum for both the online game server as well as the open source project itself. Feel free to post and get a gathering started online! We can also show you how to get connected!

Moderators: BlueCrab, Aleron Ives

legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Vídeo Games Mags Guide

Post by legit nyck »

how to evo normal mag to Dreamcast mag? I not find any step about it in the pso world hahahahaha
* DREAMCAST V1 *

sorr for this but i need know :lol:

I'm editing this title to give credit and thanks to KIREEK & Aleron Ives. thank you very much this topic will help many players in the future
Last edited by legit nyck on Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Re: The NoOb Question

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

Well 1st you make sure you are playing PSO v2 since that is a PSO v2 unique item (as stated by the red glowing text)

In the Central Dome Fire Swirl Quest (downloadable quest) you can find an item glory in the past (a kid npc gives it to you), that if given to a tekker npc near the bank it will change it to a Mark 3 mag.
That is the base for the dreamcast mag.

Each evolution to more modern "console mags" requires you to visit an online quest named towards the future, in this quest there should be an npc that can change the mag to it's evolution if you have both the mag and the corrosponding item.
The items are:

- Sound Source FM for master system

- Parts of "68000" for Mega drive

- 2 SH2 for Sega saturn

- SH4, Modem and Power VR for dreamcast mag

All items are hard to find, especially the last 4 so the effort isn't justified, it is a unique mag, but it's usefullness and difficulty to create it are questionable.
Note: This is not a tipical evolution, this acts more as a trade, so the mag given to you has it's own stats and pbs, so if your goal is indeed the dreamcast mag remember that raising the lvl of the mark 3 is pointless as the evolution mags do not preserve stats from previous evolution mags.

Your question is far from being a noob question as the mag requires multiple quests that are both offline and online, multiple very rare items (the kind that you can't even do "hunts") and said mag relies on side features of these quests, this is something that isn't told to the player while doing these quests so it's almost impossible that you would find how to do the mag without reading a guide.

Edit: added missing items
Edit 2: added bold text and colored text to relevant items and quests, added pictures with drop rates
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:56 am, edited 10 times in total.
These users thanked the author K_I_R_E_E_K for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Well 1st you make sure you are playing PSO v2 since that is a PSO v2 unique item (as stated by the red glowing text)

In the Central Dome Fire Swirl Quest (downloadable quest) you can find an item glory in the past (a kid npc gives it to you), that if given to a tekker npc near the bank it will change it to a Mark 3 mag.

Each evolution to more modern "console mags" requires you to visit an online quest named towards the future, in this quest there should be an npc that can change the mag to it's evolution if you have both the mag and the corrosponding item.
The items are:
- Sound Source FM for master system
- Parts of 6800 for Mega drive
- SH2 for Sega saturn
- SH4 for dreamcast mag

All items are hard to find, especially the last 2 (SH2 and SH4) so the effort isn't justified, it is a unique mag, but it's usefullness and difficulty to create it are questionable.
Note: This is not a tipical evolution, this acts more as a trade, so the mag given to you has it's own stats and pbs, so if your goal is indeed the dreamcast mag remember that raising the lvl of the mark 3 is pointless as the evolution mags do not preserve stats from previous evolution mags.

Your question is far from being a noob question as the mag requires multiple quests that are both offline and online, multiple very rare items (the kind that you can't even do "hunts") and said mag relies on side features of these quests, this is something that isn't told to the player while doing these quests so it's almost impossible that you would find how to to do the mag without reading a guide.
Thank you ^^ This tip also works in PSO V1 ver?
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:Thank you ^^ This tip also works in PSO V1 ver?
As K_I_R_E_E_K already said:
K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Well 1st you make sure you are playing PSO v2 since that is a PSO v2 unique item (as stated by the red glowing text)
You can't get the DREAMCAST mag in V1 at all. It is a V2 (and later versions) item.
These users thanked the author BlueCrab for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:
legit nyck wrote:Thank you ^^ This tip also works in PSO V1 ver?
As K_I_R_E_E_K already said:
You can't get the DREAMCAST mag in V1 at all. It is a V2 (and later versions) item.
:cry:
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

You need to trade two SH2 items to get a Saturn, not just one. The Dreamcast evolution requires the SH4, Modem, and Power VR items to be traded simultaneously.
These users thanked the author Aleron Ives for the post:
legit nyck
"Fear the HUnewearl."
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I added the missing items, didn't read the table at pso-world correctly, they mention 1 item and then aditional requirements in a separate column (meaning aditional items)
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Thanks KIREEK and Ives but....Whats is The SH2?? SH4??? I not understand this abreviation :|
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

legit nyck wrote:Thanks KIREEK and Ives but....Whats is The SH2?? SH4??? I not understand this abreviation :|
Assuming you're talking about PSO specifically, they're simply items in the game.

If you're talking more generally, SH2 and SH4 are the Hitachi (and later Renesas) SuperH 2 and SuperH 4 CPUs, which were the main CPUs in the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast respectively.
These users thanked the author BlueCrab for the post:
legit nyck
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

BlueCrab wrote:
legit nyck wrote:Thanks KIREEK and Ives but....Whats is The SH2?? SH4??? I not understand this abreviation :|
Assuming you're talking about PSO specifically, they're simply items in the game.

If you're talking more generally, SH2 and SH4 are the Hitachi (and later Renesas) SuperH 2 and SuperH 4 CPUs, which were the main CPUs in the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast respectively.
WOW hahahaha I talking about PSO of course hehehehe /but I never see the item name SH2 or another SH....hummmm SH is an abreviation of simple items? oh god ....
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

SuperH is a type of CPU. Sega thought they would be cute and name Mag cells after actual hardware in Sega systems. (68000 is the CPU of the Megasis, SH2 is the Saturn's CPU, SH4 is the Dreamcast's CPU, and Power VR is the Dreamcast's GPU.) This confused people who don't know anything about hardware, so Sega renamed all the items to Kit of Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast for V3 to make it easier for people to understand (and easier to get, since only one item is required for each evolution).
legit nyck
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Aleron Ives wrote:SuperH is a type of CPU. Sega thought they would be cute and name Mag cells after actual hardware in Sega systems. (68000 is the CPU of the Megasis, SH2 is the Saturn's CPU, SH4 is the Dreamcast's CPU, and Power VR is the Dreamcast's GPU.) This confused people who don't know anything about hardware, so Sega renamed all the items to Kit of Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast for V3 to make it easier for people to understand (and easier to get, since only one item is required for each evolution).
now I understand everything !!! thank you.
for a moment I thought they were trying to teach me how to create a dreamcast console and not a simple mag
because KIREEK and blue talk about modem
and about CPU
and you about
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: THANK THANK THANK ALL ^^
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

I playing the first version PSO V1 and this quest is not avaiable to download here, have another way to get it? plaing an quest
K_I_R_E_E_K
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I believe glory in the past and the mag are both red named items, so they are both PSO v2 items only.
Same goes for the quest.

In v1 you cannot get the final mag, it's previous evolutions, the "glory in the past" item or the quest
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
legit nyck
Aleron Ives
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Aleron Ives »

Central Dome Fire Swirl is not compatible with V1, as is the case with most quests, since V1 is pretty much a glorified open beta of PSO. The only reasons to play it are for its superior graphics (and slowdown!), its extra glitches, and nostalgia.
legit nyck
"Fear the HUnewearl."
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

right , I'll get to play each of these cells and create the mag dreamcast
I know it will be long but I think not so much when one drop one red ring plaing in the dc hehehe
last message thx all :wink:
hahuhowdy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by hahuhowdy »

And to think that on gc all I need to do is get my character to lvl 100 and use my kit of mk. iii on a mag. Boy, they made it easier...

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Vídeo Games Mags Guide

Post by legit nyck »

Screenshot_20221212-135104.png
Screenshot_20221207-172106.png
I'm editing this title to give credit and thanks to KIREEK & Aleron Ives. thank you very much this topic will help many players in the future, I'm one step away from getting the mag XD