Dreamcast 2?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast 2?

Post by ccb_v2 »

RyoDC
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Dreamcast 2?

Post by RyoDC »

Oh, please stop naming such kind of post's like that.
No one ever would believe these nonsense.

First of all, these "petition" is purely composed.
SEGA, as a software company, would never risk again to produce something like this.
Competition on console market is very risky and highly expensive business.

They have their own business strategist and analysts, and believe me, they don't need an "expertise" from a "lifelong SEGA fan" with muddy expertise, proclaiming himself a "experienced business strategic expert of Texas" without even somehow supporting this statement with any kind of proof.
This message , petition and campaign
There's an extra space before a comma.
I(Patrick K. Lawson, a lifelong SEGA fan and experienced business strategic expert of Texas)
Business expert forgot to put an space before a bracket.
Greetings fellow Dreamcasters,SEGA fans and Shenmue 3 supporters.
Do I need to continue?

Looks like this business expert is also illiterate and complete ignorant of basic grammar rules, and even unheard of what spell-checker is.

What kind of idiot will support this petition?

Sega executives will laugh hysterically if they ever manage to read this ravings.

Also, Sega is not bound by any liabilities to its fans.

I think, they will simply ignore this petition and I also think they will barely even hear about it.

Sorry for such a rude post, but let's face the truth.
How do I try to build a Dreamcast toolchain:
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

meh, if this is real. here is what it will be. a steam os pc system with built in dreamcast support and possible other sega console support. think of all those all in one consoles , just this time with steam support. just lisencing the sega brand to such an effort. nothing more not competing with nintendo , sony or ms
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

How to (legitimately) get Dreamcast 2

01.) Get Rich
02.) Learn Japanese, recruit several wise but obscure Japanese elders
03.) Form an honorable contract of conspiracy with them
04.) Counter-balance personal state of being "batsu baka gaijin" with ¥¥¥ until they accept the offer
05.) Stage them to look like esteemed experts that do philanthropic deeds of high respect.
06.) Their work will soon result in positive exposure from the status quo Japanese media...
07.) Use this as an opportunity to arrange a formal meeting with the top executives of Sega-Sammy Holdings
08.) Do not let them get straight to the point of the conspiracy yet, for they must earn the respect of the execs first
09.) Much like a cherry tree, let the relationship blossom through bureaucratic formalities, gifts, good deeds, nights out drinking and karaoke
10.) After 10-15 years of this, when all of them are extremely old but still alive because it is Japan
11.) They are finally in a position where they are capable of speaking up
12.) Wait 5 more years
13.) Have them honorably bide their words until Sakura season is on the verge of full bloom
14.) Finally... Have them make it clear to Sega-Sammy Holdings that they feel a looming spirit of despair in the building... That it is felt because they are bringing shame to Sega by allowing it to function in a dishonorable way and that in doing so, they are bringing shame to Sammy, themselves, their ancestors, and the hard-working founders of the companies that let the current execs sit comfortably.
15.) Just as the Sakura season is at it's apex, they will commit to making a new Sega console founded on the spirit of Japanese resurgence and the spirit of kaizen.
16.) All of Japan is moved by it

BUT WHO WILL VOLUNTEER
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Love my Dreamcast but lol Sega.

They've done very little in the last 15 years to make me wish for a Dreamcast 2.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Thing is I saw these mock ups ages ago and it is trending now all of a sudden.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh god hahahahahahahahahaha
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Oh come on now. You all know you'd buy it. Even I would. :lol:
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

The Dreamcast was a nice console but what really made it shine was the great software on it. And, of course, the fact that homebrew was easy to run on it which allowed the Dreamcast community to thrive.

If there ever were a successor console, it would have even worse third party support than the Dreamcast did (hell, look how bad the Wii U's third party support is--a Dreamcast 2's would be even worse). And Sega themselves have been churning out shitty games for a long time now as a software developer. Why would anyone think that Sega would all of a sudden make great games just because it's their own hardware?

I wouldn't buy a Dreamcast 2, unless it were extremely cheap and only then as a novelty.
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Whar did Sega even do this year?

A really late localization of Yakuza 5 and some freemium mobile games?

Can't think of anything else. Even last year's Sonic game was outsourced to a no-name dev.

Shenmue 3 is only in development because they sold the IP.

Pretty sure their dev studios must have been gutted over the last few years. No way they could support a home console.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Specially Cork wrote:Whar did Sega even do this year?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It's weird that a decade ago I thought Japan was years ahead of everybody, but now I feel they're years behind.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I could not agree with you more.

I was just streaming Yakuza 5 last night. The game started off as a low budget PS2 game so it was passable that it was employing 5th Gen story telling techniques such as extended FMV sequences.

Forward 10 years later, it's the 8th entry in the franchise and is released after Binary Domain. Yet, the game is not incorporating any contemporary in game story telling techniques. It still plays like an old school RPG.

What sucks is their cinematography/choreography is so awful that it defeats the whole point of cinematic FMV sequences.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Even if it happened it isn't like we're gonna get Sonic Adventure 3 and Skies of Arcadia 2
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Could SEGA even afford it? They announced last year that they're scaling back on console games and basically concentrating on Football Manager and flogging a dead hedgehog...